home

Author Topic: New Battle Report in the War Room: Against the Lizardmen  (Read 2110 times)

Offline Atchman

• The Old Ones
  • Members
New Battle Report in the War Room: Against the Lizardmen
« on: April 15, 2005, 08:05:49 PM »
Greetings all!  There is a new pictorial battle report in the War Room.  Can the feared Steamtank "Rex" destroy one of the fabled Second Generation Slann?  Read the report and find out:

http://www.warhammer-empire.com/war_lm1.htm
"Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do no let your heart rejoice"

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 11:01:43 PM »
Nice report! Shame about the steam tank.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Atchman

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 06:57:07 AM »
Well the problem is mi amigo is that it was the first time I've used it in months, maybe a year.  I don't get any practice with it so I'm not all that sure how to use it.  I may redo a list and include it for our summer league, that way I can get good at using it and maybe write the long promised Steamtank Tactica.
"Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do no let your heart rejoice"

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 07:54:14 AM »
I see you had the exact same ideas about your Steamtank modelling Atchman!

Mine also uses the commander from the old model and features the old Helblaster (though I can see I made some different cuts to make it fit).
I've attached my turret hatches to the side though, otherwise they look shockingly similar (except that mine has absolutely no paint on it yet).

That Helblaster is nice on the Stank but misfires can quickly totall the Stank. A friend borrowed mine once, first turn: fires Helbalster, 1st die, Misfire, followed by a 1 and gone were a bucketload of hullpoints.
Next turn he uses 3 points to try and move forward but blows his boiler.
A complete waste of points there.

Good for you that you managed to get a draw in spite of the loss of the Stank and two of your warmachines though.

Thanks for the nice report, next time remember to keep on taking pictures even when the battle turns against you! :wink:
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Atchman

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 12:43:08 PM »
Thanks for the nice report, next time remember to keep on taking pictures even when the battle turns against you!

That is the hard turn, because usually my concentration is on the game.  What I need is someone to take pictures of any games we are going to do battle reports.  

Bigrin and I need to do a Grudge match of his Skaven versus my Empire list.  The last one we played he didn't have all of his toyz, so I don't consider that one to count.  That would be an excellent battle report considering we are adding to our "mutual" Skaven army.

Offline Clarkarias

• Members
  • Halton Hills, Ontario
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 02:43:55 PM »
You two should play the grudge match rules from the General's Compendium.
Actually, forget Karl-Franz. I want rules for Thyrus Gorman on a dragon. - Rufus Sparkfire