home

Author Topic: Ostermark Battle Report #3  (Read 2090 times)

Offline Atchman

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Ostermark Battle Report #3
« on: May 16, 2005, 09:49:20 PM »
Above the town of Halsberg was a tower.  Within that tower was stored the powder reserves for the Sigmarite Army of Altdorf.  Grandmaster Wulfgar learned of its location from a local spy and moved to deprive the Sigmarites of their precious gunpowder.  Archlector Thalberg, victor of the Battle for Halsmark Tower, moved to intercept the Grandmaster using the very tower he had just captured to keep track of the Ulrican movements.  Would the Archlector prevail or the mad Ulrican?  Read the battle report here:  http://www.warhammer-empire.com/war_ost2.htm
"Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do no let your heart rejoice"

Offline Clarkarias

• Members
  • Halton Hills, Ontario
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 05:01:52 PM »
A most excellent job well done to the first victory of the Grandmaster!!
Actually, forget Karl-Franz. I want rules for Thyrus Gorman on a dragon. - Rufus Sparkfire

Offline Visu

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 07:05:07 PM »
I'm curious, Atch - how do you feel about the CoU now?  You've tried a few different tacks with them.  Do you feel that a cav-heavy list is the only way to go?  How do you feel that this latest list would do in a tournament environment?  If you don't think it would fare well, what would you change to harden it a bit?*
-Visu
* I'm betting your first thought is "Make it a different army" but I'm looking for a more "serious" answer, if you can give one. ;)

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 08:17:36 PM »
Thanks for another nice battlereport, I love how you keep a narrative going!
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline bloodbawler

• Members
  • Baron of Wildenlack
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 08:21:51 PM »
Wow. Cool report! I was wondering when the Wolfs will avenge their dead comrades.
Heathens! I shall smite thee! Right after my lunch break.

Offline Atchman

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 10:02:11 PM »
Quote from: Visu
I'm curious, Atch - how do you feel about the CoU now?  You've tried a few different tacks with them.  Do you feel that a cav-heavy list is the only way to go?  How do you feel that this latest list would do in a tournament environment?  If you don't think it would fare well, what would you change to harden it a bit?*
-Visu
* I'm betting your first thought is "Make it a different army" but I'm looking for a more "serious" answer, if you can give one. ;)

I think that the hounds are the secret of the list.  They are like highly mobile detachments.  

My latest list would be bad in a tourney environment.  I would really need to spend a lot of points on magic defense I'm afraid.  This list is designed to play in a low magic environment.  

I did like this list a lot better, but I think maybe it was too hard for a friendly game.
"Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do no let your heart rejoice"

Offline deepthought

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 09:47:04 AM »
Very nice battle report, so muc nicer with pics and diagrams then just reading about it.