home

Author Topic: Storage  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Leist158

• Members
Storage
« on: April 21, 2020, 10:19:32 AM »
Hello all,

I am wondering how I can best store my army. I have 8000 points of empire and 5000 of orcs and goblins.

I am a fickle person and use a different army week in week out, as such I would like to be able to store them ranked up. Any ideas on how to store them efficiently?

All I can think of so far is a cheap chest of draws.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Storage
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 12:40:03 PM »
Sounds like good idea, or you can try plastic bin containers on a shelving unit for increasing portability, if the latter is important to you.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 07:35:06 AM »
If you don't move them from your gaming room, drawers would be nice.

If you're moving them a lot, packing and unpacking, start by magnetizing everything. Magnet under the base, and metal trays. Then, you can magnetize any container, and the metal trays will hold in place.

Magnetizing is the gamers choice. I haven't magnetized any of my armies, and frankly, it's keeping me from gaming. Packing, unpacking and ranking individual figures back on trays is such a hassle.

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 11:25:27 AM »
I agree about magnetizing. I have 3-5000 points of Ogres, Empire, and Vampire Counts. They are all magnetized and go on metal move trays. Each tray then goes into a shallow plastic bin with a snap-tight lid. The setup was not very expensive, but took a lot of time (spread out over 5-10 years of collecting) to put together.