home

Author Topic: yes, more fluff!  (Read 1891 times)

Offline Angerland

• Members
yes, more fluff!
« on: May 28, 2005, 04:35:38 AM »
Since I have started this Empire army about 2 months ago, I have been diligently attempting to craft some fluff for my list.  I now very little about the written fluff of the Warhammer world so you will have to forgive my many transgressions thaat I am certain are included.

My army is from Middenlaand. A province(state, county???) within Middenland called Argerland. Since the Storm of Chaos ended and local militaries are in a state of shambles, Baron Wilhelm Spencer of Argerland spends the next few seasons recruiting men for his standing army.  Once he has filled the ranks he realizes that these new men are no where near the herdenedd veterans thaa he took into combat during the Storm. So when campaign season comes along he wants to set out and get his lads into some scraps. I figure the units are led by surviving veterens from the SoC as well.  The Emperor tells him he can but the security of the Empire must nort be jeaprodized, meaning he can not take any of the Halbrediers.

In the Lands of Arger land , near the Forest of Shadows and the Middle Mountains lies the White Tower. The garrison here is led by a knight in disfavor with the Emperor. Yes he has been bad, but the fact is he is an exellent warrior and leader, just killing him off would be a mistake. This man is Sir Ulfgar Brunswick. Brunswick is the son of an Empire Nobleman and a Bretonnian lady.  THis stigma alone earnedd him many a nickname as a young noble's son trying to earn his spurs.  Any how, in recent yeaars he went with an Imperial group of knights to take part in some Bretonnian tournament or another. It was here where Brunswick's one true flaw came to light. Whenever he fights, he fights like his life depended on it, his personal motto is "No Mercy, No Quarter".  In whaat was supposed to be just a sporting match he killed a small number of Bretonnian Knights. ne of these was a Pegasus knight (at the time he was on foot). ANyway with his winnings ( pegasus among them) he gets banished to the garrison of the white tower to appease the Bretonnians and to keep watch over the Forest/mountains.  There he leads a unit of Tower men, your basic Empire Swordsmen, as well as "The Eyes of the White Tower" said to be among the best huntsmen in the empire.

Just a start of my Fluff, what do you guys think so far?
The hammer of the Gods
will drive our ships to new lands
to fight the horde, singing and crying
"Valhalla I am coming!"

Offline bloodbawler

• Members
  • Baron of Wildenlack
yes, more fluff!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 10:53:43 AM »
Pretty good. I can't say anything else :); Keep working till Argerland comes to life!
Heathens! I shall smite thee! Right after my lunch break.

Offline Angerland

• Members
yes, more fluff!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 03:25:07 PM »
There is a lot of emphasis on my captain, Brunswick as he is my army general until I reach 2000 points.  I am taking part in an escalation leaague withmy gaming club this year...so far we are at 400 and just about to hit 600.

Baron Argerland arrives at the White Tower and begins to drill his men with spears and hand guns. Although a Middenlander brave and true, he knows the value of black powder aand is not above augmenting his forces to the best of the Empire's capabilities.  He also trains his artillerists in the use of cannon and volley guns.   Argerlaand sends Brunswick to Middenland with aa bag of gold and instructions to find "the most frightening, tough, skilled, bunch of murdering mercenaries" in the Empire. What he gets is the Black Heart Company. 20 cut throats with years of experience fighting Maraading Norsemen, Skaven,  Orks, and the risen dead.  These men were to bu used as detachments to the main forces.  This would allow them to use their full blodd thirsty, murderous tendencies to best effect.

Word that the infaamous Brunswick was in Middenheim soon spread even to the Temples of Ulrich and the Palace of the Graf. When two huge men in fur cloaks approached Brunswick in a narrow street, he didn't know what to make of things. He drew Widowmaker, his great sword and prepared to defend himeself. The two men laughed and produced   huge hammers with wicked spikes running the length of the shafts.   In short order the men told Brunswick they were Knights of the White Wolf, Templars of Ulrich of the Steel company to be exact. They had heard he was recruiting for Argerland and wanted to see some action this season as well.  So they had decided thaat they would bring Ulrich's blessing to the forces of Argerland and join him this year.

These weren't the only knights planning on joining Argerland and Brunswick this campaign.  The Graf, ever suspicious of Argerland and more so of Brunswick called forth the commander of the 3rd squadron of Knights Panther and instructed him to send a unit of Knights to also join the Army of Argeland. The hope of the Graf was to be able to keep an eye on things as best he could with troops loyal to him.  

Argerland was quite surprised the day he was sitting atop the Tower watching men drill beneath him and he saw the dust cloud of many men and animals approaching the tower from Middenhiem. as Brunswick crested a small rise he saluted , then moved aside to watch the troops he collected passs towards the tower.

20 men on foot marched under a banner of a wicked Blask Heart, a mismatch of weapons aand armor sparkling in the early sunlight.  This sparkling soon tured nto blinding flashes as a unit of Knights panther marched in perfect precision three abreast, followed by more rambunctious and bawdy Knights of the White Wolf, no less impressive in thewir wolfskin cloaks and long shaggy hair and beards.
The hammer of the Gods
"Valhalla I am coming!"

Offline Archaon

• Members
  • The Everchosen
yes, more fluff!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2005, 01:30:46 AM »
Eye's of the white tower? Are you sure he doesn't have a Palantir? :P

On a more serious note, cool fluff! I like. *cries about the kitty he just killed*
Proud user of an Empire General

Offline Angerland

• Members
yes, more fluff!
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 07:18:24 PM »
hmmm hadn't even thought of the Tolkien reference before you brought it up... I was just brainstorming a name for a scout unit from a plaace called White Tower...eyes seemed to stick. :)
The hammer of the Gods
"Valhalla I am coming!"

Offline Archaon

• Members
  • The Everchosen
yes, more fluff!
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 07:33:05 PM »
GW is alot worse than you with the Tolkien stuff. Like using the name "Morgoth" as the Wood Elven version of Morghur.
Proud user of an Empire General