home

Author Topic: A Wedding in Wissenland  (Read 49592 times)

Offline Le Pistolet

• Members
  • Sonnefurt's Scribe
A Wedding in Wissenland
« on: April 27, 2011, 09:57:32 AM »
Well Hello there,

I know I've been spamming the Imperial Office with loads of Sonnefurt stuff recently but it rarely sees any action, so I figured I may as well keep it alive...

Anyway, this thread is entirely different as it is interactive background, and I need as many people from the community to get involved, particularly those with a particularly affinity with the greatest province, Wissenland.

With the Royal Wedding coming up, I was inspired, and decided to further my Sonnefurt fluff, the Baroness should be actively seeking a husband to move her up the political rankings to add to Sonnefurt's growing industry and prosperity. Also, she is in need of an heir so that Solland insurrectionists do not move in on Sonnefurt as she ages.

With this in mind, the call goes out to any avid fluff writers on this forum. Here is the official speil:

Dear esteemed Nobleman,

Baroness Katarina von Heisenberg of the affluent Barony of Sonnefurt cordially invites you to a grand ball at her country villa.

At this ball, the Baroness will choose a husband from the prospective candidates, taking into consideration their wealth, political standing, ancestry and lineage.

Attached is an image of our radiant Baroness.

The Baroness eagerly awaits your arrival

The Council of Towns and Villages of Sonnefurt

So basically, I want propositions from several different candidates, I will eventually pick one and they will be written properly into my background.

A proposition should include:

Name and Title (wealthy merchants equally allowed)
An Portrait (optional)
Their motivations for the marriage (political/financial/lust etc)
What the Baroness stands to gain (land/wealth/trade links/status)
What the Baroness stands to lose (if anything)
Anything else that may convince the Baroness
Nuptial Agreements on the leadership of Sonnefurt (ie do they propose co-leadership/sole leadership under themselves/sole leadership under the Baroness/taking the Von Heisenberg name etc)

For extra help, please consult my information on the Barony (found a thread below this currently). I will soon be updating with a political guide to the Barony which may prove useful to anyone who wishes to appeal to Sonnefurt's masses.

Currently the Barony is looking for:

Increased military funding/protection
Further improved trade routes with larger cities in Wissenland and the Empire
More land

Good luck to anyone who participates, I hope this will be a fun experiment!  :::cheers:::
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 07:11:32 PM by Le Pistolet »
The Barony of Sonnefurt - My Army Background

Sonnefurt in Flames- An Epic Tale of Sonnefurt

Le Pistolet's Monotonous Wissenland Log- My Minis

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
Re: A Wedding In Wissenland
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 10:43:39 AM »
This is a really good idea!  If my main character wasn't already involved...

Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Le Pistolet

• Members
  • Sonnefurt's Scribe
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 11:15:35 AM »
Shes just about to turn thirty, any sons, nephews, cousins that might be interested?

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 11:38:05 AM »
In the current timeline, no.  My guy is quite young and has no kids yet.  However, I do have a young knight by the name of Karsten Hochsthal who is the seneschal/2nd in command of a knightly order I created called the Wissenguard.  Hmm, expect an entry soon!

not together.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 11:43:08 AM »
The Solland Effort was in 2524.  What year is she looking for a suitor in?
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Le Pistolet

• Members
  • Sonnefurt's Scribe
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 12:10:32 PM »
I decided to move the timeline on a bit seeing as I didn't want to step on anything you guys did in the Solland Effort. Sonnefurt in Flames is set in the Spring of 2526 and the wedding will in the Winter.

I am now running my Barony on an alternate timescale, as I believe GW won't necessarily meddle too much with the country bumpkins of the very southern corner of the Empire. Thus, any marriage does not have to be included in your own timescale if you don't want to move on too much  :happy:

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 12:32:46 PM »
Name and Title: Seneschal Karsten Hochstahl

Motivations: Karsten is young and is looking to find a suitable wife.  The Baroness is beautiful and also has access to land and wealth.  It would be a step up for him as well, for even though he is a knight and has the honor of the title he possesses no land or discernable wealth. 

Baroness Gains:  Greater military protection.  Karsten is the 2nd in command of the Wissenguard, his father is the Grandmaster.  Whilst the Wissenguard is tasked to protect all of Wissenland the Grandmaster chooses whom to help and he has a tendency to be a hot head and ignore requests for slights received in the past (including the rejection of his son).  Having him for a father-in-law would ensure that Sonnefurt would always have the Wissenguard (100 knights, not including retainers and auxilliaries) as a direct ally as he is very loyal and a devoted family man.

Baroness Loses: Headship of the Barony.  Karsten feels his reputation would be damaged if he became the new ‘toy’ of the Baroness.

Nuptial Agreements:  The Baroness would retain de facto control over the Barony. Karsten would most likely be away often, campaigning, and his personal feeling is that he has no real desire to usurp the Baroness, but he cannot take a hit upon his reputation. Karsten would gain the title of Baron and all of the privileges it brings. 

Karsten’s personality:  Level headed, loyal and brave.  He has a frightening temper like his father but is generally more diplomatic and reasonable; once his temper is up he becomes irrational and brash.  He is somewhat ‘worldly’, travelling the length and breadth of Wissenland and even parts of Reikland and Averland.  He is wiser than he would appear.  He can read and write, but just barely.  His education has been metted on the battlefield and his mannerisms are quite crude because of it.  He is a bit awkward at social functions, though he puts on a brave face.

Portrait courtesy of MIHO24 from deviantart.com

not together.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 12:59:56 PM »
The Solland Effort was in 2524.  What year is she looking for a suitor in?
I decided to move the timeline on a bit seeing as I didn't want to step on anything you guys did in the Solland Effort. Sonnefurt in Flames is set in the Spring of 2526 and the wedding will in the Winter.

I am now running my Barony on an alternate timescale, as I believe GW won't necessarily meddle too much with the country bumpkins of the very southern corner of the Empire. Thus, any marriage does not have to be included in your own timescale if you don't want to move on too much  :happy:
Sounds good. :icon_cool:

I had found reference somewhere, on a timeline of some kind, put together from various fluff sources, about how 2524 to 2526 are called "The Dark Years" in the Empire, after a major Chaos invasion of the northern provinces has ravaged the Empire and taken down the size of its armies.  Thats why we set the Solland Effort in 2524 because it seemed like a logical time for those claiming Solland heritage to attempt what they did.

So what better way to help bring the Sonnefurt area out of this time frame then with a local royal wedding in the winter of 2526 to 2527. :icon_biggrin:

I'll give some thought for a possible suitor.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 01:04:59 PM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 01:04:38 PM »
This is a really good idea!  If my main character wasn't already involved...

Positively past it in medieval marriage terms ;)

I am sure the Barony of Wusterberg has a young scion available though...
We go to gain a little patch of ground that hath in it no profit but the name.
The Free Company of Solland

The Barony of Wusterburg

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 01:14:22 PM »
Positively past it in medieval marriage terms ;)

Can't all be an MTV after school special (16 and Pregnant).

I am sure the Barony of Wusterberg has a young scion available though...

Not much nobility in the Barony of Brennenburg.  Just the Graf who was an only child of an only child!

not together.

Offline Le Pistolet

• Members
  • Sonnefurt's Scribe
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 01:34:36 PM »
I had found reference somewhere, on a timeline of some kind, put together from various fluff sources, about how 2524 to 2526 are called "The Dark Years" in the Empire, after a major Chaos invasion of the northern provinces has ravaged the Empire and taken down the size of its armies.  Thats why we set the Solland Effort in 2524 because it seemed like a logical time for those claiming Solland heritage to attempt what they did.

So what better way to help bring the Sonnefurt area out of this time frame then with a local royal wedding in the winter of 2526 to 2527. :icon_biggrin:

I'll give some thought for a possible suitor.

I think I found your mention to the 'Dark Years' in the Solland Effort thread, and that's why I decided to place the events of 'Sonnefurt in Flames in 2526, at the tail end of these dark times for Wissenland. And yes, you're right, a wedding is just what the recovering Barony needs, and perhaps an heir would come to symbolise Sonnefurt's growth as it builds itself over the course of the baby's childhood.

Thanks Wissenlander for a great suitor  :::cheers:::

Gamespoet and Uryens, I eagerly await your entries, although Mr de Cryx will have to be careful he doesn't upset the strongly pro-Wissenland sentiments of the Barony with an overt Solland sympathiser if he hopes to win the Baroness' hand  :icon_wink:

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 02:46:54 PM »
It's a time for healing and peace, the Baron recognised that, and while the land needs healing the land comes first. The rebirth of Solland will come one day, just maybe not today ;)

I've got some notes made, need to work on them and post them soon, everyone else might as well go home ;)

The Barony of Wusterburg

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 06:28:21 PM »
I have an entry, Marschall von Plauten's second son. I havent gone into much detail beyond him being effeminate with rumours on his taste yet a skilled businessman already wealthy. Ill make a proper entry asap!
I for one welcome our new flying cat overlords.

Offline Captain Dob Van Dwi

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 03:02:51 AM »
I could offer one of the van Dwi men but there are only three left alive by the time of 2526-2527.

Horst killed his father, sister and two older brothers and allmost killed the therd, Durant, who was my char in A5 wich take place in 2535-2536 and at this time he is only 25, too young for the Baroness I think and not only that but he is on the run from Horst and thus would not be around.
At age 33, he is dishonorabul, ruthless and uncareing, infact Commerico has/had one of the most draconian law systems with the only punishments being death by dismemberment, hanging, beheading or the most common, death by slow torture. All of these were done in public to show the people not to mess with Horst or break the harsh laws. It was eather that or life with hard labour.
Not only that but it's taxes were even worse than Bretonnia's, familys coud only feed themself one piss poor meal of wheat and shellfish a day. That said he knows how to command an army and navy and run a good merchant buisness. He aslo has/had a huge merc army and small but hard core navy that could greatly help the Baroness.
Horst is well known for his love of young woman and has very probly sired many however he dose not know and so dose not care. Do not expect a faithful husband in horst.

He is a good choice if the Barness dose not care about the people or haveing a faithful husband and would rather have welth but rember he killed most of his family and ran his youngest brother off to get these things so don't truse him.

Gains: Big Army and Small Navy on the Empire/Tilean border, Ally in Tilea, Trade Partner, Wealth

Losses: Ruelerhsip of the Barony

Nuptail Agreements: Hoest takes controle of Sonnfert's throne and the City of Sonnfert and has a say in the court of the villages in Sonnfert's controle. Laws are allowed to be influanced by Commerico's

Then there is Igor Waster van Dwi, a former Engineer and alchemist who was cast of of the School of Engineers in Nuln for makeing a divice that killed another student when it was tested.
He then turned back to the van Dwi's roots and became a merchant and banker and then after that did not work out, became a merc paymaster,  thus makeing him a wonderer and not the best marage material. Even if he did marry her he could only offer loveing companionship as he is a good guy deep down and a large unit (70 strong) of heavly armoured and halberd armed bodyguards, then again haveing some more hard core warriors might be a good thing for the Baroness at this stage in Sonnfert eh?
As a Paymaster to some of the best merc generals however will allways be on the hire and may not see the Baroness for a long time every few years and would have to take at least half of the bodyguard with him.
He is also seven years older then her at 37 and due to his hard life style his body is allready starting to fall apart though he is still capabul have haveing offspring, wich to the Barness is vital to keeping her family on Sonnferts throne and slso knows all the loops holes in buisness and small time polatics ass all van Dwis do.
That said Igor is a notorious miser that cheaps out on things that arn't realy vital or needed. If the Baroness likes to have only the best she may be in for a shock. He is also VERY paranoid and often thing someone or something is out to get his and never goeing anywhere with out a knife.
He is also a faithful man. Granted his gods are a merchant/paymaster's; Ranald and Handrich and sometimes Manann.

So in short Igor is a good choice if the Baroness wants a faithful, loyal, loveing and protectve if somewhat dishonest/dishonorbul merchant and merc in bisness deals and polotics as a husband, he is a good choice. Just rember that he might be there every two or three years as he is on the hire.

Gains: A loyal, loveing, god fearing husband,  reonforcements in the form of his bodyguard, merchant contacts, politacal contacts and a little money.

Losses: Nothing realy

Nuptail Agreements: Baroness keeps everything she all ready has.

All that being said the van Dwi's are all Marienburgers! No true, upstanding daughter of the Empire would think about marrying a man from a traitor provance! It would make people think she was a fool and a traitor!
Or maybe the Baroness dose not give a flying crap about what others think if she likes the man enough??

Anyway it's up to you. Thats a brief rundown I can give you more if you want
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 04:16:19 AM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »
I choose too keep "Old Warhammer" alive with my blood sweat and tears.

It's bad that warhammer might die but it would be a tragedy if it stays dead!

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2011, 06:16:54 AM »
Very well I'll bite.

Alfonso Pedini, Freiherr von Boheim (a small village defended by a low ditch in his father’s Principality)

Background/Personality: Alfonse is the second son of mercenary general and Border Prince Enrico Pedini. Though well educated, handsome and charming, Alfonse is thoroughly lacking ambition beyond his rakish pursuits.  Alfonse knows how to use a sword but is more a duelist than a warrior and has no interest in leading men into battle and whilst he does enjoy turning a profit at the odd wager he doesn't care to waste his time intently managing accounts.

Motivation: Alfonse's father grows weary of supporting his son's lifestyle and is exerting increasing pressure for him to do something to aid the family. Enrico is reasonably wealthy, by Border Prince standards, through providing reliable mercenaries to passing caravans as well as maintaining an important stopping point for Dwarven traffic between the mountains and Barak Varr. If possible Enrico would like to see his son wed to a daughter of the nobility in the southern Empire to further expand the family business. While most of the caravans currently travel south from Black Fire Pass adding a second line coming from Wissenland would be even more ideal. Alfonse himself is not adverse to these conditions as he would be much closer to cities like Nuln and Averheim, enjoy a degree of fiscal 'independence', and who knows his perspective bride may not even be bad looking.

Potential Gains for the Baroness: Access to a pool of seasoned mercenary troops and stronger economic links with the Border Princes.

Potential Losses for the Baroness: Economic and political policy may be more geared towards Border Princes rather than in the Empire.

Nuptial Agreements: Favorable trade arrangements between Pedini held towns and the Barony as well as a monopoly on all mercenary and caravan guard services within the Barony. The Barony is prohibited from meddling with political affairs in the Border Princes without first consulting an emissary of the Pedini family. Beyond these concessions the Baroness may rule her lands as she wishes.

image a hasty photoshop combo of Galeazzo Sforza and Robert de Montesquiou
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2011, 04:07:36 AM »
Do a random side note do the suters that are not chosen get invited to observe the wedding? I should think not right?

Offline Le Pistolet

• Members
  • Sonnefurt's Scribe
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2011, 12:11:49 PM »
Thanks for the suitors S.O.F and Captain van Dwi, this is getting interesting  :biggriin:

Do a random side note do the suters that are not chosen get invited to observe the wedding? I should think not right?

I don't know how this will play out in the end, but I do know that all will be present at a ball hosted for the Baroness to assess her suitors. Whether we roleplay this or I write it I don't yet know. As for the actual wedding, I severely doubt it, but who knows, I might write a twist in here or there when it comes to it.

Keep the entries coming, more than one is welcome from each participant. I don't know when this will close, but I'm gonna keep it open for a good while.

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2011, 03:08:32 PM »
Name: Vekram de Crux, Captain, 2nd son of Baron Uryens de Crux, Baron of Wusterberg.

Portrait:

Motivations:
Classically Vekram as the second son will not inherit any land or titles but must gain his own through his own merits, or by marrying into them. Thus this suit would give Vekram both land and titles, even if only by association. But for a deeper concern from the de Crux family there is a chance to create a broader base of allies across southern Wissenland, across all sides of the political spectrum and maybe bring peace and therefore prosperity to the region for all concerned...if nothing else the de Crux family understands the nature of "the long game".

What would the baroness gain: The de Crux family, for all their recent efforts are a very wealthy family. They control a good portion of lands and towns and through good industry are increasing their wealth and prosperity. In addition the Barons army is arguably one of the most powerful in the region and can call on allies from Tilea, Marienberg and even the nearby Dwarven holds.

Marrying into the de Crux family would give the Baroness access to this military might, as well as a share of the economic fortunes of the Barony of Wusterberg which is a hub of trade for the region, controlling much of the flow of trade downriver towards Nuln, Wissenberg and even Altdorf. If nothing else the trading cartels of Sonnefurt might expect preferential rates and treatement at the warehouses and quaysides.

The Baroness might also expect to gain some political power from the de Crux family links to the Emperor since there is clearly a strong tie there, and in the years following the "Solland Effort" the de Crux family has made allies in the north and at court by the sending of their armies north to aid in the policing of the Drakwald, including Vekram who served for the past two years in the Imperial Pistol Korps with some distinction.

What might the Baroness lose: Almost certainly there will be the loss of favour in the court at Nuln with the Countess and her supporters and maybe the nearby Wissenland loyalists might question such a marriage, but a canny politician could turn the tables, saying it was just such an alliance that was needed to bring the de Crux family back into the fold, so to speak...

Other Reasons: As noted this would be a marriage that might have political ramifications in Nuln and across Southern Wissenland, but assuming neither side wants to make an issue of it, then it may act as a stabilising influence for some years to come, and as any good merchant knows, stability brings prosperity.

Where Uryens Snr and Jnr are both powerful warriors and generals, hard men schooled to war and leadership, Vekram is quite a different animal. Educated in the University of Altdorf sd s young man he earned a reputation of being a quick whit, and skilled duellist, having nearly been expelled for fighting several duels. During the events of 2524IC he was actually at court in Altdorf in the Imperial Court and soon learned to curb his instincts to duel and instead turned his wit to court politics, a skill that clearly allowed him to get the "best" assignments in the Pistol Korps.

Nuptuuals: The Baroness is the more highly ranked noble, with the land and the title and so Vekram would expect her to retain her name and he take hers in addition to his own, as protocal dictates - meaning Vekram would become Vekram von Heisenberg de Crux - as would their children be named.

The Baroness would remain the true authority in her lands but Vekram would hope to be a full partner in any ventures, though his main concern is the appearance of things both at home and from the court in Altdorf.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 03:11:32 PM by Uryens de Crux »

The Barony of Wusterburg

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2011, 03:40:13 PM »
I would say do a RP. Makes it easyer for people to make their case.

On another random side note; You may wish to have bolth a Pirest of Sigmar and a Priest Myrmidia. Sigmar is god of the Empire and Wissenland is close to Tilea and the Border Princes where the Godess is worshiped and so many warriors in the southern provance would worship her aswell and for the Agreements a Priest of Verena, Godess of Law.

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 12:18:22 PM »
Leopold Felix von Plauten

Motivation: The von Plauten family of Rohrhof are, due to a quirk in a will are currently unlanded gentry, with no titles of nobility. Wishing to rectify this, the current patriarch, the esteemed military general Hans Alexander Bruno von Plauten is attempting to marry off his brood of sons into the current nobility of Wissenland.
Leopold is the second son of Hans, Marschall of Nuln and unlike his brother Alexander who is but a year older, is unmarried. Now he has been sent from the city to Sonnefurt to gain the Baroness' hand in marriage and another place for the von Plauten family to grow roots.

What the Baroness gains: Leopold is a member of an influential family in the north of Wissenland and in Nuln. Both Leopold himself and the von Plautens are very wealthy from various merchant ventures including those in Sonnefurt. The Baroness would gain access to these enterprises and to a portion of Leopold's personal wealth.
The Nuln Volunteers have already helped the Barony in the recent war, and while the Baronesd cannot count on the full might of Nuln, the Volunteers are a militia taking orders from Marschall von Plauten under the guise of the defense of the city. Though a well trained and equipped army, they are still a city militia and as such cannot be expected to fight a protracted war.

What the Baroness stands to lose: Her relations with the Church of Sigmar will plummet as Hans follows the teachings of the reformist, Luthor Huss and as such, his sons are all Luthorian too. The Arch-Lector of Nuln, Kasmir X publically denounced the von Plautens as heretics but has currently done nothing about it.
She will also lose standing with her fellow rulers of Wissenland due to the fact she will marry a man with many rumours associated with him and the fact he is the lowest of nobility, little more than a Merchant with ties at court.
Hans led the Wissenlander loyalists in the thick of the Solland Efforts worst fighting, therefore he is a symbol of insurrectionist intolerance, therefore the Solland sympathisers in the Barony will have more cause to dislike their Baroness.

Nuptial Agreements: Leopold will change his name from von Plauten to von Heisenburg as a symbol of unity, though any children from the marriage will be named 'von Heisenburg zu Plauten'. All lands and material wealth will stay with the two parties unless another agreement is worked out.
The Soll Shipping Company will have a 99 year exclusive shipping contract with all trade from Sonnefurt.

Personality: Not described as a handsome man, he has very delicate features reminiscent of his mother. Though a man of keen intellect, Leopold does not have the boisterous spirit of his other brothers, (nor even his sister!) as a child he would much prefer to stay in the house and read, though the tombs of military tactics that fills the Nulnmarschall's shelves is not quite to his taste. He grew into a quiet man, shy among those of the opposite sex (which has caused a great trouble with rumours of his private life) and around rougher soldiers and warriors, he dislikes riding and hunting and his martial instructors gave up on him years ago. He is a sickly man, with a personal Doctor always in his entourage and a foul concoction of ointments, potions and leeches he inflicts upon himself every night before bed.
However, his mean intelligence has given a boon to the von Plauten family immensely, Leopold, even at his young age is in control of the financial affairs of his father, investing in several operations within Nuln and the Empire's Southern Provinces. In the last few years of his governance the family fortune has trebled to a staggering sum of money.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 10:20:14 AM by Inarticulate »
I for one welcome our new flying cat overlords.

Offline Derek Contyre

• Members
  • Duke of Nueremburg
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 12:17:10 PM »
Argh I would love to be apart of this but I have as yet no characters that could do it.. Derek Contyre would be 26, nearly ten years younger than tha baroness and actually nowhere in Wissenland as he would be fighting in the Northern Empire against chaos and other invading forces...

The only one I can think of would be Seth Contyre, the current ruler of Stattenland, but as yet I have no background for him to call upon...

Actually, I think I will have to enjoy reading this from the sidelines, but feel free to invite my characters to the wedding, I am sure if vekram is going Uryens junior will be there and he could almost drag Elayna Contyre along.
A man who builds his army around his fluff . . . respect . . .  :::cheers:::

Offline Le Pistolet

• Members
  • Sonnefurt's Scribe
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 12:24:25 PM »
Derek, at the time of the Wedding the Baroness is only 29, turning 30 if the Wedding happens in 2527, so not much older than Derek himself and I'm sure he could find leave for a tactical marriage should he need it. Might entice the Baroness if her husband brings benefits but isn't always around...  :engel:

Otherwise are there any cousins or other relatives?

Of course, if you just want to watch, then feel free.

Offline Derek Contyre

• Members
  • Duke of Nueremburg
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2011, 12:43:20 PM »
No, in this period of time, the Contyre family is really only Derek(adopted) Elayna the firstborn daughter of Seth and Madelaine(deceased). And thats it... I really need to do some background on the Contyre family, although I would need to do some more on Stattenland first... and since I am resolved to put together and paint the rest of my empire army this year, I believe I can. :)

All thanks to you Le Pistolet, for giving me focus in writing more fluff.

Offline Le Pistolet

• Members
  • Sonnefurt's Scribe
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2011, 12:51:17 PM »
Well you've definitely got some time, the Wedding will be waiting a little while longer.

I look forward to reading your stuff  :happy:

Offline Derek Contyre

• Members
  • Duke of Nueremburg
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2011, 09:33:18 PM »
Cool beans, I look forward to trying to write the damn thing. :eusa_wall: