home

Author Topic: Results of the campaign are in!!  (Read 9063 times)

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
Results of the campaign are in!!
« on: August 10, 2007, 04:11:07 PM »
Check out the final dispatch!  In the end we were allies with the Dwarfs as we bought them time to gain the crown.

Not many mentions of our fluff at all...at least we went into the woods looking for the baddies like we wanted. :|
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
Re: Results of the campaign are in!!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 04:36:13 PM »
Ah, what the hell.  We saved a lot of loves and had good fun.

I mean, if nothing else, we established a grand friendship with Da Warpath!  And it was nifty having all the other race's diplomats coming and going...

And of course, fair Bretonnia!  How they made me VERY happy this campaign!
I'm in college!

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 05:01:10 PM »
I only read the first third, need to run out and do some stuff.

But hey do say we controlled the roads!  Alright, they did listen to us!  At least a little bit. :smile2:

And I am very happy about that.
I'm in college!

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 05:17:02 PM »
At least a little bit. :smile2:

And I am very happy about that.
And thats all we should ask, really. I mean they are a huge company, and the idea of listening to ALL the player written fluff, would be hard and probably not even work (think of fluff clashing) They dont benefit that much from incorparting player-written fluff into their stuff, other than pleasing a handful of people, so it does show they care (somewhat  :|) Either way it is really cool to be able to influence the Warhammer world, even if only a little bit

That was a great campaign  :-D
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 07:50:44 PM »
Sorry, were there anyone other than the victorious dwarves and beaten greenskins in this campaign.

Very, very poor GW. That is some of the least balanced writing I have had the displeasure of reading.
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Karl van Drak

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 08:14:37 PM »
I agree, there doesn't seem to have been background for this campaign other than that relating dirctly to the crown. Somehow it feels much more rushed than Medusa V with very little player input.

Offline nub5

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 08:56:24 PM »
Side note,  did anyone else notice on the Medal page there were two medals to be given for participating in Event #5 and #6?  Were these played somewhere as I thought there were only 4 events in the campaign (the monolith being the last one).
Empire,  HUA!   :biggriin:
And the dice like non-proxied, painted minis. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_lol:

Offline FVC

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 11:01:48 PM »
Hmph, now that's a balanced conclusion. If I wanted an entire page of 'the dwarfs and perfect and can do no wrong and were right all along and have saved the world from evil, while every other good force can only achieve any honour by acting as dwarfen goons', I'd... hm, truth be told, the Brewery is better than that. *sigh* Ah, well.

On the plus side, 'this key is part of my gild'? No, Thorgrim's not tempted to use the Crown, not at all...

Offline Jerok

• Members
  • Captain Campaign
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 03:20:31 AM »
I agree, there doesn't seem to have been background for this campaign other than that relating dirctly to the crown. Somehow it feels much more rushed than Medusa V with very little player input.

I must say i've felt this way the entire time. At first I thought it was just the CA Webteam, but overall this was not even close to as well run as 40k's Medusa V.

Overall I believe the campaign could have been alot more compelling, especially compared to the earlier Canadian National Campaign of The Battle of the Bosses and last years MV.

Leaving technical stuff aside though, the narratives themselves I found the most wanting. Why on earth would they swich from Collective Narratives to Race-Specific Narratives randomly?

Offline Blood axe the Slayer

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 04:17:11 PM »
Bitter FVC?? Behavior not befitting a true Knight. :icon_lol:
The Dwarves "won" but got none of their fluff goals mentioned. We certainly did not want to be written as fighting hand in hand with the Bretts at the end. As we know that is far from the truth. The Dwarves are dissapointed too.

Offline Ostermarker

• Members
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 04:55:02 PM »
So GW has basically screwed everyone?
They annoyed everyone except Greenies and Dwarfs cos they're not really mentioned.

Greenies will probably be annoyed that they're killing each other and that's the closest thing they do to succeeding.

Dwarfs are annoyed that none of their fluff got through.

Well Done GW!  :dry:
So, Ostmarkers wear purple, but it's manly purple, not like that Bretonnian purple.

Offline scrivener

• Members
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2007, 05:04:42 PM »
Surely that ending had been decided on by the writers long before the campaign actually ended. I'm sure they already had fixed ideas on how they wanted certain things.

And it's unfortunate that besides the big bit about the crown, the rest seems sloppily done just for the sake of tying up loose ends. Like the bit where the mage-priests managed to shut down all the winds of magic in the Great Forest (causing whole evil races to flee but only mildly inconveniencing the good ones) but had somehow overlooked Altdorf, which had its winds of magic fully operational as it was being attacked by Tomb Kings.

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 08:30:30 PM »
Where did this winds of magic come in, ok in one battle my VC opponent rolled 2 double 1s but other than that I did not notice any difference in magic, certainly it did not affect me.

Still maybe that story only bites as much as the dwarven unequivocal victory.

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 09:08:02 PM »
You know, I read the end story as posted on Da Warpath (just by coincidense I hadnt checked the NC site at that time).  It didn't say where it came from and I thought "Hmm, thats not bad writing for internet fluff, bit shakey in places, bit convienient how he tidied up all the loose ends, but ok.  Must have been a dwarf player that wrote that."

Later I realised that it wasn't just some bloke on a forum (like me) but the actual campaign conclusion as written by GW, official canon fluff.

Make of that what you will...

One thing that I think we should take some heart from is the fact that we finished above all the evil armies.  So as far as defending our land goes we couldn't have done much better.
I fought in the NC war.. and all I got was this lousy sig...

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2007, 09:33:24 PM »
Those of us in the Barren Hills could have done a little better!

Although you could have done precious little better. May I be the first to congratulate you on your second overall in the Barren Hills, you have been a bright light for the uk Empire.

Offline Michael W

• Members
  • In the Name of the Emperor since 2001
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 06:16:44 AM »
It's worth noting that the Empire's 1st place in the Talabec Borders was due primarily to Karl Goldlance's unprecedented 17 massacres (out of 28 battles in total by the Empire) on August 7 (and 10 the day before)...it kind of tarnished the whole end for me to see that such a questionable general representing the Empire... *sigh*

I've found this site to be a wonderful encouragement to take the high ground in this game; the players here are quick to encourage an honorable response and quick to condemn cheating.  I just wish the rest of our gamers would get on the bandwagon.
Let them taste Reikland steel!
----------------------------

Offline FVC

• Members
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2007, 07:49:06 AM »
Bitter FVC?? Behavior not befitting a true Knight. :icon_lol:

Perhaps a little, but I don't appear to be alone. The dwarfs did win fair and square, but as you pointed out, dwarf players aren't happy with the result either, so I'd like to think any bitterness I do feel stems from the poor quality of the conclusion in general, and not the fact of a dwarf victory.

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2007, 04:28:45 PM »
Ahem...
Quote from: FVC
Note to self: as soon as Nemesis War ends, challenge Blackthorn to debate over dwarf aid to the Empire.

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2007, 07:28:27 PM »
I hope that will be taking plase on the forums here.

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2007, 08:13:33 PM »
Well this is neutral ground from them.  :-D

Offline Shadowwolf

• Members
  • Post quality makes you a veteran gamer!
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2007, 09:06:03 AM »
And congratulations to
Carl Von Clausewitz
Helstrom's 4th Talabheim Corps

For finishing second of all empire players!  :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

Shadowwolf
On the right only red, to your left all is white
Ev'ryone's holding, stay in the fight!
White to the right side, left only red
Run like the others, or you'll end up dead!
Talabheim State Troop proverb
Deviantart? http://dlshadowwolf.deviantart.com/gallery/

Offline machine-child

• Members
  • The Honorary Asian
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2007, 10:23:54 AM »
And congratulations to
Carl Von Clausewitz

Shadowwolf

Yup, praise where deserved  :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: (my meagre 8 games was a disgrace)
The 5 halberdier detachment is there for 2 reasons.  Fanatic bait, and I had no where else to spend the points.

Offline WarbossKurgan

• Members
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2007, 10:39:20 AM »
Greenies will probably be annoyed that they're killing each other and that's the closest thing they do to succeeding.

Not so much you know, we are actually quite content.

Considering we were bouncing off the bottom of the tables most weeks we feel that we've done pretty well!
We got a side-ways mention of Da Eye of Mork, it didn't work but you can't expect it to when you get 7th place in the last week (and 11th overall)!

Grimgor's Shamans attempted in vain to call upon the power of Mork, yet their wailings came to nothing as their Orcish god deserted them.

GW HQ is a much smaller outfit than it was 12 months ago, so there just wasn't the resources to throw at NC that Medusa V had.

Well done to Clausewitz though! :biggriin:

Side note,  did anyone else notice on the Medal page there were two medals to be given for participating in Event #5 and #6?  Were these played somewhere as I thought there were only 4 events in the campaign (the monolith being the last one).

There were six events in Spain. The UK only got one!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 10:43:59 AM by WarbossKurgan »
Adm'rul Kurgan Grimjaw of the Ironfang Pirate Fleet

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2007, 10:52:04 AM »
And congratulations to
Carl Von Clausewitz

Shadowwolf

Thanks for the complements folks.  To be honest I didn't do anything special.  I should thank all my opponents for kindly coming back for more games.

And I was only 2nd for UK Empire players.  Not quite all of them. :)

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2007, 04:42:06 PM »
Come now, second in the UK is surely equivalent to second in the world!