home

Author Topic: AoS Adventure  (Read 111753 times)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: AoS Adventure
« Reply #200 on: February 21, 2018, 03:57:28 AM »
So I think these will be the colours of the sisters of Sigmar. Assembled the gryphon and stood up my witch hunter flagellant band. Or the start of it anyways.

Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #201 on: February 21, 2018, 02:24:12 PM »
Really nice shade on that skin. I think it's the first time that I'm seeing Sisters of Sigmar on round bases. :icon_wink:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #202 on: February 21, 2018, 02:38:03 PM »
I like how the Sisters have been painted.  And I love the idea of having that witch hunter leading those older flagellants! :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #203 on: February 21, 2018, 03:07:33 PM »
Thank you Xath and GP. The idea has developed a bit and I now know the direction I’m heading. I will build a Desciples of Sigmar army. I’m going to have the 5 old flagellants with another 10 or 20 plastic. I forget if I have one or two boxes. Plus 32 metal guys but I’m not sure I’m up to redoing them. The witch hunter to lead them. 20 sisters and one sister / warrior priestess. The general on gryphon. 2 hellblasters (appropriately named) and a blessed steam tank which resides in a box at the moment. Luther Huss will have to take the field again and I’ll revamp the old war altar. I think that’s enough ambition for now. This is all based on an old sigmarite army that appeared in white dwarf many years ago but I cannot find hide nor hare  of it no matter what googling I involve. Hopefully that edition wasn’t destroyed in the flood because that steamtank was a dream.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #204 on: February 22, 2018, 01:57:58 PM »
Decided to knock off a couple of quick houses late yesterday.  These are actually scaled using 28 mm as equivalent to roughly 6 ‘. That’s as technical as it gets but made it the same dimensions as my original stone house at 36’ x 24’. It’s missing a few windows on the side walls and upstairs as well as a dormer but that’s pure laziness at work. The roof will not be grass and as yet I can’t afford the cool shingles in the links above somewhere but I actually retrieved a bit of wrapping paper that my wife was throwing out that will represent way over sized metal shingles. I’ll attempt that tonight as there will never be a grass/ bamboo/ suedo thatched abomination ever attempted in this household again.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #205 on: February 22, 2018, 02:39:36 PM »
Here's a relatively quick video on shingling medieval/renaissance buildings ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC1GUKyBdVs

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #206 on: February 22, 2018, 03:04:50 PM »
Very nice and easy. Going to give this a try. 👆
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #207 on: February 22, 2018, 04:17:11 PM »
Lunch has been constructive!

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #208 on: February 22, 2018, 04:19:47 PM »
Bingo! :eusa_clap: :icon_biggrin:

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #209 on: February 23, 2018, 01:13:37 AM »
Here’s the roof GP. I tried both types. Laziness strikes again but I have to say the cardboard roof is the better even if it takes a lot longer.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #210 on: February 23, 2018, 03:40:12 AM »
The first thing that came to mind regarding the roof not using cardboard is that it looks almost like a slate roof, although with that size, it'd be probably a heavy one.

Tougher to burn than the ... bamboo one. :icon_wink:

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #211 on: February 23, 2018, 02:52:16 PM »
Beautiful buildings continue to spring up in this thread. You'll have a whole village in no time!

I'm with Xath and GP, I really like the sisters of sigmar. Especially the skin tone. It shows up really well on the one in the front I think.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #212 on: February 23, 2018, 06:18:27 PM »
Thank you all! I hope I can remember what I did for that lol. 
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #213 on: February 24, 2018, 03:18:06 AM »
A few more come out to bash and crash.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #214 on: February 24, 2018, 11:07:50 PM »
I think I forgot to mention the war altar. I scratch built this thing 10-11 years ago. It definitely needs some work but I think it’s salvagable. Including finding a new hammer for the lector. Should fit in nicely with the Disciples.

And the beginning of the warband.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #215 on: February 25, 2018, 05:08:42 AM »
All twenty of em. Done I think. Started messing around with the gryphon now.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #216 on: February 25, 2018, 08:33:50 AM »
Great stuff :eusa_clap:

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #217 on: February 25, 2018, 12:59:06 PM »
Thanks👆 I actually find the gryphon intimidating. The only other feathered guy was my lord of change which is actually one of my personal favorites. Some day I’ll finish his staff 😺
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #218 on: February 25, 2018, 11:18:54 PM »
Just converted my warrior priests and a few flagellants to round bases. Used all my round bases 25 mm slotted and I drilled out slots for a few solid bases. Also transferred Luther and my wizard on a horse to round  bases and made up a big round base for the gryphon.  Found some very old green stuff for a few places at the wings and neck to fill. The GS was very hard so I just munched it through a pair of pliers repeatedly and it softened up pretty good. I have quite a group of flaggies left and I bought the bunch from GW when they were clearing old painted stock. I really have zero desire to repaint them so maybe some touch ups. Plus a couple of new boxes of flaggies so I’ll have a good mix of extra old, old and new guys to mix.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 11:53:02 PM by Artobans Ghost »
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #219 on: February 26, 2018, 01:46:05 AM »
I like the green on the horse barding. :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #220 on: February 27, 2018, 02:56:31 AM »
Had some fun with characters tonight. My witch hunter, a warrior priest started long ago and finished tonight and my ulric priest on horseback. Plus I based some of the flaggies. Was running out of steam on the priest so he was rushed but I really like the W Hunter.

The only flaggies I painted here were the 2 old timers. The rest were GW

If I saw this gang coming down the road, I think I would step off

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #221 on: February 27, 2018, 12:25:44 PM »
Seems to all be taking good shape. :icon_cool:

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #222 on: February 27, 2018, 02:04:12 PM »
Thanks👆 Should make for a great party of crazies when they all meet. Looks like it’s flagellant central for the next while plus the general on a gryphon. I’ll wait for the steam tank when 302 arrives 😸
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #223 on: February 27, 2018, 09:49:48 PM »
Yeah I think I'd take a detour if I saw them coming as well. Although last time I was down in the GTA I think I DID see them...

Love those characters. Witch hunter looks just fantastic. I particularly like the flame effects on the torch. It looks so simple, and yet I can never get it to turn out that good. Always looks like I just sneezed yellow over a shoddy red base coat.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #224 on: February 27, 2018, 10:18:57 PM »
Thanks Gankom. Of everything I’ve painted in the last year, that is the guy I am most happy with. I’ve only felt that way about a few models before. It gives me a bit of confidence for that crazy gryphon 😺
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020