home

Author Topic: Mislead Lizards  (Read 29874 times)

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #175 on: June 08, 2004, 12:20:50 PM »
Konrad's mind sank back into the mist of Elvish magic Kaliath was engulfing him in. Konrad lost his grip of reality, spiritually leaving the battlefield. In his mind, he could clearly hear a voice, the most beautiful female voice he had ever heard. It sounded very musical, and echoed through his mind.

Khorandras...

Somehow he knew the voice was calling for him, though it was not his name.

My dear child... there will be a time when you return to those you belong with... persevere... return now to the mortal realm, for your warriors need you...

Konrad slowly woke up from his delusions, opening his eyes. The first thing he saw was Kaliath's face, on which he saw a puzzled expression. Apparently the healing magic had caused an effect Kaliath hadn't expected.

OOC: Do not question me, this is in perfect accordance with the intriguing fluff of Konrad von Richtmark, mastercrafted by me![/i]
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #176 on: June 08, 2004, 12:27:09 PM »
Rudolf saw that the lizardmen had utterly disengaged Himmelwagen, and turned to Anton.

Rudolf: Damage situation report.

Anton: Steam efficiency at three fifths due to leakages, expected maximum velocity at half due to damaged wheel. Steam gun fully operational.

Rudolf: That will have to be enough. We'll drive somewhere where there are no kroxigors, and cut down light infantry with steam. Three points to starboard. Full situational speed forth.

Anton hurried to obey Rudolf's orders, and the steamtank turned to engage the rear of a formation of Saurus warriors that were harrassing the trapped Swordmasters of Hoeth in the rear.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline dead 'ard greatsword

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #177 on: June 12, 2004, 11:53:06 AM »
hey why don't we get a rewards thing going
like +1 attacks/toughness/strength/initiative some of the mordheim things, magic items, minor powers e.g lvl 1 wizard that can only use 1 warrior priest prayer
i'm back and better than ever...
i'm back from making things better...

Fear The Pedigree!!!

Lord Of The Flaggelents Of Nuln

Offline Ceridan the Green One

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #178 on: June 14, 2004, 12:21:38 PM »
Kaliath with his grim expression, ends his spell. Falling to his knees, he closes his eyes, in order to get hes powers back.
Ceridan goes to him and starts his own spell, helping Kaliath to get his powers back faster, sending something green-red beams from his hands.

Ending his spell, Ceridan goes to Konrad.
Konrad, you are cured from the poison, but if you still feel a bit weak, lay down and have your unit to protect you. I must return to my unit.

Running to his swordmasters, Ceridan starts his blows, Slaying one Kroxigor.

By the Way, I don't have the sword of Hoeth, I have the Blade Of Leaping Gold.
All my foes share one thing:
They´re all afraid of me!

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #179 on: June 16, 2004, 12:55:55 AM »
OCC: sry was on vacation myself went to a football camp at CMSU college!

Alright... the mighty kroxigor with uncanny speed went under Karls sword and brought his great halberdier down upon the horses neck!  It never had a chance with such a blow and it was severed!  Karl fell fast into the ground drenched in his horses blood he got up a tear rimming his eye at his beloved horses death!!!  The Lizard could of killed him with that blow it was teasing him!

Konrads unit is now thrown into melee with the surrounding units disorder is following the men are close to breaking...

OCC: dead 'ard after the battle!!!

Slowely the wizards regain their powers and are immediately they here the cries of their men for their aid!

The slann does not move it watches the combat and looks as if it is thinking!!!  It improves its shields just in case anyone thinks it is vulnerable...
A man that fights his own battles, and licks his own wounds, is a man that chooses his own fate, and lives his own doom!

User#364

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #180 on: June 16, 2004, 05:54:30 AM »
my pistoliers will amke a flanking charge against the units attacking konrad as he is a prince and we must protect him and the flaggelents will redouble their efforts and try to defeat them

Fear The Pedigree!!!

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #181 on: June 16, 2004, 08:54:35 AM »
Konrad rises into an upright position, feeling cured but still confused from his dream-like state.

Konrad: My good elf, I do not think it is possible for you to return. We are surrounded. If you know battle magic, take cover at the centre of my unit and support us.

Konrad draws his Sword of Power, and quickly checks that he has one loaded repeater pistol left. He sees how his men are fervently fencing to keep the lizards at bay, but are reduced to a mere dozen.

Konrad: Hold your ground, defensive square around Kaliath!

Konrad charges into a kroxigor that got a bit too close, hacking off its arms in his usual fashion before dispatching it.

Offline Ceridan the Green One

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #182 on: June 16, 2004, 11:58:52 AM »
Feeling the magic rush threw him, Kaliath starts to enchant an magical barrier over him and the rest of them. The barrier should protect them a little against the Kroxigors. The barrier I'm making will protect us, when I tell you, fall back here were I am.

Hearing his brothers plan, Ceridan turns and starts concentrating his own spell. When he stops waving his hands, he starts spinning, so fast that he could generate a tornado. While he spins, he releases from his hands something that looks like silver over the Kroxigors. When he stops spinning, he falls to the ground. He's eyes and mouth are wide open and hes showing no signs of life...

While nobody sees what has happened, the Kroxigors weapons starts to melt. The kroxigors throws their weapons, surprised by the power of the Elven magic.
All my foes share one thing:
They´re all afraid of me!

Offline Rathis Darkwielder

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #183 on: June 16, 2004, 06:56:24 PM »
OOC: I just noticed that there is only a very small chance for us to win this battle, especially when we don't 'cheat'. I could have Karl killing the Temple Guard champion and the Slann, but that wouldn't be very logical. Therefore, I suggest to see this battle as lost. Continue your storyline, but accept that we will be beaten and will need to be fleeing soon to be alive at all. This would present some great roleplaying oppertunities when we try to convince the Lizards that we haven't done anything to them. Please give me your opinions about this, I'll just wait a bit longer with finishing the fight between Karl and the Temple Guard champion.

BiC

Karl tumbled to the ground when his horse fell down from under him. Weighed down by his heavy full plate army, he made a hard fall and he thought he could hear some of his ribs breaking by the impact. He shook his head clear of the shock and when he looked up again, he could see the saurus standing over him, his halberd raised high and poised to deliver the killing blow. A snarl was on the lizard's lips as he brought the halberd down towards Karl...

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #184 on: June 17, 2004, 02:41:59 PM »
OCC: Damit dont ruin my good ending to this battle lol just continue this battle is near its end!!!

As the champion was about to finish Karl off the Slann screamed out something in its foul tounge and the champion stepped back and stood there disciplined!  All the lizards retreated out of combat and stood their with their weapons bared!  Charles looked around confused and started trotting his horse up to the Slann!  

It new the language of man well enough to communicate!!! "Give back what is rightfully our's and we shall spare your miserable lives!!!"  Charles looked at him with a puzzled look on his face!  "What is it that we have of yours???"  The Slann Screamed the name of some Relic all the lizards shuddered and prepared to charge anew!  Charles ordered all his captains and high ranking officers front and center and asked the slann for a couple of minutes to discuss things with his men....
A man that fights his own battles, and licks his own wounds, is a man that chooses his own fate, and lives his own doom!

User#364

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #185 on: June 17, 2004, 02:45:34 PM »
OCC: I forgot to tell you guys i got some pistoliers for my army finally unfortunatelly 3 of them a dog we where dog sitting ate!  That same dog killed my cat yesterday/today!  ;(

User#364

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #186 on: June 17, 2004, 04:28:37 PM »
OOC: I suggest you put a smoking hole in the head of that dog. Dogs are supposed to acknowledge us as the crown of creation, and most do it well enough. Do not tolerate insurrection.

Offline megamac20817

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #187 on: June 17, 2004, 04:30:03 PM »
Boris seemed puzzled at the sudden peace. He then noticed Charles and walked to him.

Gotrek started walking towards his lord, cursing the toad under his beard, still resenting that blast.
You can give a man a sword, but that won't make him a soldier.
You can give a man a pen, but that won't make him a writer.

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #188 on: June 17, 2004, 04:38:01 PM »
Konrad sees the lizardmen retreat, and in his battle spree pursues nearly killing another kroxigor when he sees that the lizardmen are doing an ordered all-out withdrawal.

Konrad: Restrain pursuit!

The hornblower blows the appropriate signal and the swordsmen disengage, reforming a 4x3 square.  Breathing heavily and heart pounding, Konrad stands with sword in hand, assessing the situation. His greatsword guard was halved in number, but the remaining boys had earned valuable experience and courage from fighting fearsome kroxigor. Konrad realised he had to put such thoughts away for later, as the battle could be far from resolved despite the apparent truce.

Konrad heard the words of the Slann, wondering if anyone he had met had carried anything resembling a relic. Hearing Charles call, Konrad moved towards the middle of the battleline to meet the other commanders.

Konrad: Konrad von Richtmark of the Talabheim Greatswords reporting!

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #189 on: June 17, 2004, 09:04:19 PM »
OCC: hmm lol ill wait for the others but was it you Konrad who had the querl with the elves i cant remember!

User#364

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #190 on: June 17, 2004, 09:07:47 PM »
OCC: is Vek still with us??? i need all who will continue in this rpg to report!

User#364

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #191 on: June 17, 2004, 09:23:43 PM »
OOC: It was Konrad with the quarrel with the elves  :lol:

BiC:

From his viewing point further along the valley, Lethair observed the battle on the ground. When the fighting suddenly ceased, he saw Charles mounting his horse and riding towards the Slann. With a simple spell, Lethair enhanced his vision and looked at the proceedings below. After he saw Charles signal for his commanders to come to him, he stepped back into the shadow of the small tree and disappeared.

Karl had already given his last prayer to Ulric when the kroxigor suddenly stepped away and lowered its enormous halberd. Glancing upwards, he saw the Slann hovering above him. The massive toad didn't seem to notice him at all, its gaze fixed on the lonely figure riding towards it. It was Count Charles.

Seeing a chance to end this battle now, Karl stood up and started to walk towards the Slann. When he came within 10 feet of the palaquin, his thoughts of killing the Slann slowly started to leave his mind, only to be replaced by the urge to put down his weapon and watch what was about to unfold. Slowly, he lowered his weapon and stared at the approaching Elector Count.

It knew the language of man well enough to communicate!!! "Give back what is rightfully our's and we shall spare your miserable lives!!!" Charles looked at him with a puzzled look on his face! "What is it that we have of yours???" The Slann Screamed the name of some Relic all the lizards shuddered and prepared to charge anew! Charles ordered all his captains and high ranking officers front and center and asked the slann for a couple of minutes to discuss things with his men....

Karl blinked as he saw the shadowy form of Lethair appear. Slowly it became more and more material, until the wizard stood in front of him.

"Lethair Kuldenbach at your service, Charles"

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #192 on: June 18, 2004, 05:25:03 AM »
my flaggelents will halt and move away and my pistoliers will stop and ludwig will dismount and walk over to his lord... with his 2 repeater pistols cocked and ready....
Ludwig: my lord charles ludwig captain of your mercenary pistolierds awaits your command (he readies himself to put many smokin' rounds in the slanns head if he tries anything)

Fear The Pedigree!!!

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #193 on: June 19, 2004, 12:56:35 PM »
ok... bernando's pikes will move up to support my lord and vek's handgunner's will reload and march to support my lord... but will not attack until you give the word warrior.......

Fear The Pedigree!!!

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #194 on: June 19, 2004, 12:58:50 PM »
oh and my flaggelents will form up and march to support vek's handgunner's.... and the pistoliers are on the flank directly right of konrad's unit whilst ludwig is awaiting order's...  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Fear The Pedigree!!!

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #195 on: June 20, 2004, 08:17:12 AM »
Charles looked at the Slann and then at his men..."We have no such relic we have not been into the southern lands for atleast 2 years when was this relic stolen and how do you know we stole it???  The Slann looked at Charles coldely and nodded to a lizard it walked forward and tossed one of Konrads pistols in the dirt at Charles feet!!!  This was found in the area when the relic was stolen!!!  Charles nearly burst out laughing he knew exactely what happened... remembering a crazy elf the vouged revenge!  Charles looks around at the remainder of his army looks liek he got it!!! Alright it wasnt us who took your relic it was an elf we have had troubles with he helped us in a battle once him and his men but he deserted us right when we really needed him!!!  The Slann looked puzzled at the long story but then he heard a call from the right and a bunch of salamanders came running up carryin an elf figure they had hit him with some poison darts!!!

They spoke in their tounge "Found this one in the brush over there seems he has been watching the battle for a while!"  They dropped the dying elf and the relic fell out of his pouch as he hit the ground.  Charles smiled and said "So may we leave now since you have your relic and your thief???

The slann looked to the other lizards and they began to withdraw!  The Empire troops gave a cheer and praised the gods!  

OCC: sorry if a bit confusing didnt know how to say it all ya know??? lol!

Charles had the men scoop up the wounded and they marched to a nearby town to regain lost men and supplies!  

"All Unit Leaders meet in my quarters in 3 hours spend soem time with your men we have been through a tough fight!

OCC: spend up this time as fast or slow as you want on the 3 hours but no more then a day and a half plz lol!

User#364

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #196 on: June 20, 2004, 10:39:20 AM »
Karl blinked his eyes as he saw the Lizard host turn around and simply walk away from the battle. Confused, he kept staring at them as they walked away from the badly damaged empire army. It was only when his men came riding to him that he managed to recover himself. Franz rode at the head of the knights.

"Karl, good to see you made it through alive. We all thought you had been destroyed by those foul magics the Slann worked on you. By Ulric, I'm glad to see you alive."

"Those magics weren't from the Slann. They were made by one of our own. The wizard there tried to get me close enough to that Slann to kill him. Unfortunatly, we didn't know about the kroxigor that was guarding that toad. Nearly got me killed, you know."

"You are a lucky man, Karl. Now lets get back to the camp and get ourselves some beer."

"I'll never reject such an offer. Last one to get to the camp is a sigmarite!"

With these words, Karl mounted the horse his men had brought for him and started to gallop back towards the camp...

Lethair looked around the battlefield, searching for the huntsmen that had accompanied him for the greatest part of the battle. All around him, he could only see the blue and white uniforms of the Middenlanders, interrupted only by the crazed flaggelants and Konrad's greatswords. Deep inside, he knew that the huntsmen had probably been overtaken by the saurus cavalry persuit and had been killed.

Then he suddenly saw something green moving through the mass of troops on the battlefield. When he looked better, he could see that there were five hunters moving towards him. Only five, he corrected himself....

Erik opened his eyes as the sound of battle suddenly ceased around him. When he listened better, he could still hear people speaking the tongue of the empire, but he could also hear the presence of Lizardmen around him. As he opened his eyes, he was greeted by a vision of destruction. The entire valley was littered with dead bodies, both lizard and men. There was no one still standing anywhere near him, only corpses and wounded men. Fear gripped Erik when he noticed that there were many more human corpses than lizard bodies. This must mean they had lost the battle...

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #197 on: June 20, 2004, 03:10:30 PM »
OCC: Actually are kill ratio was 5 to 1 but the lizard horde was just so emense it was not sufficient enough to win the battle!

Hey all I am making a new thread called camp we will recruit some peeps before we march north!!!

User#364

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #198 on: June 23, 2004, 04:31:34 AM »
woah! that was  a goood end to it and why couldn't we hang the theif.....
anyway i'll meet you at the camp

Fear The Pedigree!!!