home

Author Topic: Finished Ship Pics!!!  (Read 3405 times)

Offline Triggertime

• Members
Finished Ship Pics!!!
« on: August 12, 2006, 08:07:46 AM »
Well I finally finished my Vampire Counts ship!!!  Well, not completely, I want to add a couple touches like some guy hanging somewhere, or maybe that Banshee idea on the prow.  I'll probably do these later on though, I just wanted to get it complete so I can try and demo some games for people.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f391/Triggertimeman/100_0198.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f391/Triggertimeman/100_0199.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f391/Triggertimeman/100_0200.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f391/Triggertimeman/100_0202.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f391/Triggertimeman/100_0201.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f391/Triggertimeman/100_0203.jpg

Something else I'm going to do eventually is buy the Pirate Zombie Sprues(militia/zombies), and make some models specifically for sea battles.  And of course I want a peg-legged Captain!

Also, my club is going to have a sea mega battle in October, I'll be hosting it.  We are hoping to get a lot of ships and players.  So far we are getting a lot of interest.  Someone is making a Skaven ship/landing raft, and somebody is doing a Goblin submarine, we have Beastmen, Dwarves, Ogres, and Woodelf players' ships to look forward to as well!  So I'll post pics of the event when it comes around(if I remember to bring my camera :-P).

Thanks for the interest!

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Re: Finished Ship Pics!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 09:16:45 AM »
Excellent work! That's an impressive vessel.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Shadowwolf

• Members
  • Post quality makes you a veteran gamer!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 10:10:10 AM »
Cool!! Great work, really! It looks like a taken over empire war galley  :-D
I wish I could finish my ship... And had some one to sink as well....

Anyhow, Great work!! I look forward to the battle pics!! (And don't you dare forgetting your camera!  :x :roll:)
On the right only red, to your left all is white
Ev'ryone's holding, stay in the fight!
White to the right side, left only red
Run like the others, or you'll end up dead!
Talabheim State Troop proverb
Deviantart? http://dlshadowwolf.deviantart.com/gallery/

Offline Guvnor

• Members
  • I'm just north of London
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 03:55:23 PM »
A lovely piece of work. Well don,e I hope the empire beats you though!  :wink: :-P
I have one sentence in response to the engineer and mechanical: Empire is post-feudal age, not post-nuclear age!

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 05:13:23 PM »
It looks great! I really like the seaweedy-moss stuff on it, that was a good idea. :-D

Your making me want to get out my boat and start working on it again.
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline duckman

• Members
  • Painting Slacker!!
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 02:29:34 AM »
Excellent!! Don't forget to take your camera to the big battle, I have to see the Gobbo submarine :-o :-o
Makes me want to build a ship....with a rocket launcher...no, must...resist...

cheers
duckman
The King of Painting Slackness Land. Bow down before my awesome lack of effort!!!!

Offline Triggertime

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 09:57:43 AM »
Hey all, thanks for the replies and great compliments.  I know many of you have to resist, but I must encourage you  to build a ship and getting friends into it.  So far so many people are as excited as I am about building their ships(and that Goblin Submarine is looking so awesome).  A lot of people want to do it, but it takes someone to start it up.  And I did that because I saw the hulls of the ship at a crafting store for really cheap :lol:  A good start is to, obviously, read at least some of the rules in the General's Compendium.  A good skim through there can really help when deciding to make a ship, the different rules for ores, steam, sails, and magic can really make a big difference on how you build it.  And it also helps if you can preach some of the cool rules to other players(like ship boarding, warmachines for everyone, and so on).

And honestly this ship wasn't too difficult to build, just a couple nights of building at the gaming club instead of gaming and it was ready in no time!!!

Thanks again all, I hope this will inspire some of you!

Offline Nog64

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 12:17:13 AM »
The finish goes well with the theme, and the units fit well. My advice is to bash some wood in, and make it look even older. :-P
<font color=0033FF-FF3000>╤♦*~N64~╤♦*</font>

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 11:54:44 AM »
That looks awesome! I think every gamer I've ever spoken to has had it in the back of his mind to maybe build a ship some day, but you're among the proud few to actually get up and do it. It's a great ship, I particularly like the "haunted house" look of the aftcastle, and the candles are a very nice touch. It's interesting that you chose lichen over the classic ragged sails - the ship now looks like it's been raised from a swamp or something, very characterful!
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 05:34:05 AM »
That looks awesome! I think every gamer I've ever spoken to has had it in the back of his mind to maybe build a ship some day, but you're among the proud few to actually get up and do it.
It's interesting that you chose lichen over the classic ragged sails - the ship now looks like it's been raised from a swamp or something, very characterful!
I agree with both these points, I think the lichen look is much more appealing, and would suit the look of my VC's better also. Well Done. I was sceptical at first, but I it looks fantastic.
The banshee may or may not be an idea, up to you. At the moment, I think it doesn't quite need it yet. I think if you built a fleet though, it would be a good idea to differentiate between them.
Again, well done!
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.