home

Author Topic: New 7th Edition Army List Spreadsheet  (Read 2534 times)

Offline phil1103

• Members
New 7th Edition Army List Spreadsheet
« on: January 29, 2007, 05:00:59 PM »
hi people,

Someone posted a while ago on here a Exel sheet that worked in the same way as army builder, but without the software and updated etc etc

I have updated his spreadsheet to 7th Edition, hope it may be of use until AB returns!!

Download the spreadsheet here:

http://www7.spread-it.com/dl.php?id=d3905c2591b1dc6ca7a4734520f00b73f6946591

Please inform me of any glitches or problems, and any feedback would be appreciated!

Regards,
Phil1103
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 04:43:59 PM by phil1103 »
Who's General Failure, and what's he doing on my Hard Drive?

Offline middenland lord

• Members
  • and the dust felled only to reveal the grey wizard
Re: New 7th Edition Army List Spreadsheet
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 05:03:05 AM »
really nice but i think i might be using it wrongly because in the character sheet they're is an arrow(like to open a menu or to select something in it) and i cant use it :?
fell free to say I'm crazy but i cant do it  :icon_cry:

but for the rest bravo :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
only in death does duty ends

Offline Gregourious

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 01:27:30 PM »
Just did my army and spectacular is the word.

I looked at some of the coding and was truely impressed.

Offline lack0fbettername

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 02:25:26 PM »
Only Problem i have with is is that its not possable to give spears or halbreds shields.

Other then that i Like.
It Was About Time to Dig a New Well Anyway...

Offline phil1103

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 04:42:47 PM »
Only Problem i have with is is that its not possable to give spears or halbreds shields.

Other then that i Like.

aha, you can, it just looks funny.

pick shields for the unit, the same way you choose a musician, Sarge, etc etc

then selectthe 'up arrow' for the amount of troopers you have in the unit. IE select 20 shields for a 20 spearman unit. I was temped to add a spearman with shields option, but it would take up more room.

I confess, the  majority of the coding is not mine, i believe it was converted from 40K to WFB, and then I added Empire bits and updated to 7th Ed.

really nice but i think i might be using it wrongly because in the character sheet they're is an arrow(like to open a menu or to select something in it) and i cant use it :?
fell free to say I'm crazy but i cant do it  :icon_cry:

but for the rest bravo :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

I don't think your using it that wrongly, but I also don't understand the problem? which menu can you not use, and how can you not use it.

thanks for the feedback and testing guys.

Phil1103

Offline kk14

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 05:18:49 PM »
I can't seem to select anything.  like I click on a dropdown menu to select a troop type, and I just get blue highlight.  Am I doing something wrong?  should I just be simply typing it in?  That didn't work either.
If you can't convince the voters to accept your view, and you take to the gun, you are by definition anti-American.

Veni, Vidi, domum meum redire volo.

Offline phil1103

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 05:33:02 PM »
I can't seem to select anything.  like I click on a dropdown menu to select a troop type, and I just get blue highlight.  Am I doing something wrong?  should I just be simply typing it in?  That didn't work either.

Strange, it works on the PCs Ive tested it with. it could be you version of Excel, i just click on the writing, the menu dissapears and the troop type is inserted into the box.
if your still having problems, screenshot what your doing and email me with it. (emails the letter under the picture)

Phil1103

Offline lack0fbettername

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 06:33:36 PM »
Ok Phill, i found the shields, i just didnt see them before.  Neato.  However for me some of the buttons to jump from the army roster to "charicter pages" or "special pages" dont work.

I get the Runtime error '9' box.  But thats a minor quirk, as i can really just switch pages with the tabs at the bottom.
It Was About Time to Dig a New Well Anyway...

Offline Traumaron

• Members
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 11:35:57 PM »
It doesnt allow Flagellants to be taken as a troop choice if a WP is included.

Detachements should be included on the page with the parent unit so I would increase the troop entry to three from two on each worksheet to accomidate a max of two detachements.

Otherwise its pretty cool. :icon_biggrin:

Offline archontheo

• Members
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 01:17:24 PM »
Very Nifty!! I love it!! Finally something that is easy to use to build my armies with without having to Buy AB!!!

One thing I did note was when picking rare units it didnt fill in the name of the Flaggelents when I chose them and it had the point cost for my Helstorm Rocket Launcher at 10 points. I fixed the probelm by renumbering those units in the support tab properly. I also added two other Hero slots since I usually play games that are 3000 points or so.

Once again Very nice  :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

Offline Rightnow

• Members
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 03:10:01 PM »
I never had a good way to post it until I saw spread-it.com so here is my Excel sheet I made:

http://www7.spread-it.com/dl.php?id=3a63c1f6fdebd88e8e1d731695f0fbd57ba8194a

I didn't include all of the special characters but it does have Kislev and some DoW units.

Offline phil1103

• Members
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 03:51:42 PM »
One thing I did note was when picking rare units it didnt fill in the name of the Flaggelents when I chose them and it had the point cost for my Helstorm Rocket Launcher at 10 points. I fixed the probelm by renumbering those units in the support tab properly. I also added two other Hero slots since I usually play games that are 3000 points or so.

Well spotted  :icon_redface:, i noticed that 5 mins after i posted it, kudos to you for correcting it. it sent that good, but it is easy to add too.

Thanks again for all the comments
Phil1103

Offline sharpe

• Members
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 11:42:35 AM »
Once i worked out how it worked it is very good but there is no option for the greatswords to take a magic banner
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 02:43:09 PM by sharpe »
Eiche und Eisen
 schützen mich gut;
Oder ich bin tot
 und zur Hölle verurteilt

Offline phil1103

• Members
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 06:09:10 PM »
Once i worked out how it worked it is very good but there is no option for the greatswords to take a magic banner

As in one from the General, or just on of there own? Because in 7th Ed they can only have a banner if theres a General, which is an oversight in my part. i forgot the Generals Special Rule. well spotted again  :icon_redface: :icon_redface: