home

Author Topic: Halfling Hot Pot.  (Read 11685 times)

Offline WallyTWest

• Members
  • 'Lux Mundi'
Halfling Hot Pot.
« on: May 20, 2009, 01:55:33 AM »
Nuff Said.
It’s all about Renaissance Punk.

Offline Eisenherz

• Members
  • Ostland Ogre tamer
Re: Halfling Hot Pot.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 01:44:05 AM »
Maybe squeeze it somehow into the mortar entry so it is not too obvious we got it back?
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here...This is the War Room!
-- Peter Sellers (Dr. Strangelove, 1964)

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 12:35:57 PM »
Well I for my part don´t want comic warhammer to return....

so

just say NO to the halfling hot pot!

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 12:58:28 PM »
Yes, it goes into Warhammer Armies: The Shire Moot.
I for one welcome our new flying cat overlords.

Offline iatroblast

• Members
  • Invincibility at no extra charge!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 12:16:14 AM »
Hot Pot is cool.. maybe it's useless to our army, but it's a funny think to have :icon_mrgreen:
Well I for my part don´t want comic warhammer to return....
...though I agree with that, Hot Pot wouldn't be much of a problem... The real problem are the light-green Orcs (what color is that? Orcs should be dark-green) who look like 'gorillas' and act funny...with their 'stupid' goblins... OMG.... .....but that's a conversation for another time... :icon_evil:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 12:27:50 AM by iatroblast »

Offline Blauer Nebel

• Members
  • Cool Hwip
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 05:29:01 PM »
Don't we always have access to the Halfling Hot Pot as a Rare? I know I always field one.

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 11:19:25 AM »
Don't we always have access to the Halfling Hot Pot as a Rare? I know I always field one.
Yeah, we do. DoW are still legal, just not as a separate army.
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline librisrouge

• Members
  • Also, Metal is Best
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 11:14:08 PM »
Personally, I still field mine as a Mortar. It's close enough that nobody has dared to mention anything about it to me, even at a tournament.
Much like Communism, a level three wizard is a waste of everyone's time and will, in due course, fail miserably.

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 12:13:55 AM »
The hotpot will be even better in 8th edition.  At 50 points, you get a 3" template with str 3, all partials hit, and no armour saves allowed.  Considering the removal of rare slots, 100 points for 2 hotpots is a pretty good deal!
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - J.H.

Paint Log: link  Blog: My Life in Millimetres

Offline Odominus

• Members
  • Winter is Coming
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 07:40:35 PM »
Are we even allowed to run this in 8th barring a house rule?
Odo drops the bombs and laughs at all the clucking.

......, it would really help if you did research before spouting your opinion...

Offline Redstorm Rising

• Members
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 08:16:12 PM »
I dont want to get back to comic warhammer. The hot pot was funny, but there are only a few units which have a higher comic-factor that the pot.
I really want to get halflings back as a rare or elite choice for the empire army, but i dont want to get ogres, dwarves and the hot pot back.
Halfling skirmishers would be fine, especially cause the shire is a big region in the empire. At least one unit of the shire should be a part of our 8th army book.

Offline Shadow_Zero

• Members
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 12:40:31 PM »

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 01:33:20 PM »
I dont want to get back to comic warhammer. The hot pot was funny, but there are only a few units which have a higher comic-factor that the pot.
I really want to get halflings back as a rare or elite choice for the empire army, but i dont want to get ogres, dwarves and the hot pot back.
Halfling skirmishers would be fine, especially cause the shire is a big region in the empire. At least one unit of the shire should be a part of our 8th army book.
I don't want halfling skirmishers, because skirmishers are rubbish.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline WallyTWest

• Members
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2011, 08:18:54 PM »
How about halfling flagellants?

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
  • Adversus Malum Pugnamus
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2011, 06:18:43 AM »
Halfling heavy cavalry riding dire roosters.  You could do them with purple leather chamfrons and barding, so they are more controllable and of course chains around the neck for reins and great big steel spurs on the purple helmeted, engorged,  fighting cocks for attacking the enemy.  (it's an old heraldry joke) 

Halfling greatswords armed with groin swords and picks for stapling feet to the ground could be a fearsome combination too.  "hah you elves aren't going to be jumping around and avoiding blows with your feet stapled to the ground, take that (stab) for your eldar aristocracy. "

mind you the vicious little buggers might need spears to reach ogres.  or axes for shins.
"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

oh really now.  LOL ROFLMAO oh the irony.

Offline WallyTWest

• Members
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 07:09:27 PM »
SR- Too short for ASF...

The halflings are too short for swordmasters to decapitate without throwing out their backs!

On a less serious note... the halfling cav sounds awesome.... Perhaps warhammer forge?

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
  • Adversus Malum Pugnamus
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 04:40:58 AM »
I love it, too short for ASF it's brilliant!   

Make a unit of halfling Greatswords by simply placing feet directly under the bodies of GS's armed with an assortment of dwarf mining picks glaives, short swords and axes and shields.  Suuuuure they Look like they might be assorted militia but you'd be surprized.

Their heraldry could simply be a pair of crossed swords argent (proper) on a field ordinary of a pile in base sable and gules.   The battle field version of that could have the details present the squeamish heralds don't want to write down. 

I was contemplating having them hate anyone taller than a dwarf.  Call the SR "Prickly Honor" or something like that give them a really bad case of small man syndrome. 

The models could have trophies on them of instead of skulls and hourglasses and so forth they have lots of rather familiar looking (and seamless) pouches, and little bone discs strung together (kneecaps).
"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

oh really now.  LOL ROFLMAO oh the irony.

Offline WallyTWest

• Members
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2011, 02:46:00 PM »
SR "Too Short for ASF" - Tall elves have a hard time fighting them.

SR "Short Stuff" - They are pint sized terrors on the battle field, when charging a unit that is taller they receive a sudden burst of hulk like strength - +1S & +1I.

SR "Hates Elves" - nuff said.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 05:38:48 PM by WallyTWest »

Offline Alleton

• Members
  • I'm not unit champion, shoot someone else!
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 09:02:35 PM »
I like comic warhammer.
Demonslayer
 "hey, let's use one of those seals that keep ultimate darkness contained and use it to fry goblins, also have it be operated by the college janitor".

Warhammer Plog:
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=42622.msg751211#msg751211

Offline Mechanical Monkey

• Members
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2011, 08:48:06 AM »
So do I.
Why would he look there?  Never ever has there been balls under an elf's robes.   :closed-eyes: