home

Author Topic: Things I would like to have changed  (Read 4172 times)

Offline arvid

• Members
Things I would like to have changed
« on: February 18, 2010, 05:18:34 PM »
Hi all!

here are the things i would like to have changed at the special units:

Greatswords: (these are maybe the badest guys in the army now, they should be elite units, champions, not swordsmen with a larger sword)
- Ws 5 OR 8-9 pts/model
- again the possibilety for a magic banner up to 50 points (and according to this the griffon standard back to 50 pts)
- like other unit champions in elite units of the elves for example, give the champion the possiblety to take a magic item up to 20-25 pts (which would be real great if Von Hortsmann Speculum goes back to 25 pts; otherwise you could opt for a ring of volans or something like that...)

Pistoliers:
- Remove the multiple shot rule, they aren't even using "multiple shots", cause litterly MS is a weapon that fires than once per turn (REPEATER handgun; REPEATER crossbow; REPEATER pistol etc...). Of course the multiple show for the rpt pistol fo the marksman stays.
--> i'm even willing to pay a point extra for this rule above (like it was in 6th)

Outriders: OK

Cannon:
- light armour for the crew maybe?

Mortar:
- also light armour for crew
- S4

Grtz
EMPIRE RULLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!

Offline Wolfsgaum

• Members
Re: Things I would like to have changed
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 12:36:42 AM »
Pistoliers:
- Remove the multiple shot rule, they aren't even using "multiple shots", cause litterly MS is a weapon that fires than once per turn (REPEATER handgun; REPEATER crossbow; REPEATER pistol etc...). Of course the multiple show for the rpt pistol fo the marksman stays.
--> i'm even willing to pay a point extra for this rule above (like it was in 6th)

They get two shots because they have more than one pistol. As in, they can have a gun in each hand. Makes sense to me. No need to make pistoliers suck more.

Cannon:
- light armour for the crew maybe?

Mortar:
- also light armour for crew
- S4

Light armor is pointless. A 6+ save has no worth.

Offline arvid

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 03:04:42 PM »
light armor is better than nothing...

And pistoliers don't suck, and if they lose that multishot rule, it would make things much easier, like it was in the good old times
EMPIRE RULLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
  • Adversus Malum Pugnamus
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 11:56:45 PM »
brrrrring back the FUSILADE rule  :icon_twisted:
"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

oh really now.  LOL ROFLMAO oh the irony.

Offline Wolfsgaum

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 01:45:41 PM »

You want to make things easier? Why are you in favor of adding an extra useless armor save roll?

And pistoliers don't suck, and if they lose that multishot rule, it would make things much easier, like it was in the good old times

How and why?

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 06:40:32 AM »

You want to make things easier? Why are you in favor of adding an extra useless armor save roll?

How and why?

You would be surprised how often my High Elf bolt thrower crew make their 6+ save against light warmachine hunters like harpies....very much to the frustration of my enemy. First they stick their fingers into the eyes of two harpies because of first strike and after that they manage to save to wounds on a 6+. Win the close combat and chase the buggers off.