home

Author Topic: Special Offers and Deals  (Read 44657 times)

Offline DariusZero

• Members
  • I'm a non native speaker from Mars and I bite.
Special Offers and Deals
« on: May 06, 2010, 07:43:21 AM »
I figure it would be usefull to have a thread for links an other info on current promotional salesoff, best offers and such - of different brands of miniatures in one place. Post here everything you find on the net.

Rackham is selling 6 nicely prepainted swordmen( they look a bit elfish) for a low price.http://store.rackham-e.com/en/confrontation/lion/paladins

Enigma also has some promotional offers of their miniatures.http://enigmaminiatures.com/prestashop/prices-drop.php

« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 02:59:21 PM by Midaski »
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."
MyEmpireBlog: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33477.0

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Re: Best offer-different brands of minis!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 08:46:17 AM »
Actually this is a good idea.

I've ordered some of these - 40%+ off normal

http://www.blacktreedesign.com/uk/home.php?cat=2486

There may be offers on some of their other ranges too if you hunt around their website.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 02:28:28 PM »

Word of caution with Black Tree...

They make some nice figures, and some of their deals/sales are an absolute bargain. But they've got a horrible reputation for shipping times & customer service.

I ordered some figures a bit over a year ago and was one of the more fortunate ones. I got all of my figures in about 3 months. But I've read stories all over other forums (TMP, the WABforum, etc.) about people still not getting their figures, or having incomplete orders after far longer, even up to a year. On the other hand, some people get their figures within a week. So it seems like it's a bit of a gamble.

Also, in spite of the policy written on their web page, my credit card was charged the day after I placed the order, even though when I emailed two months later I was told they didn't have the figures in stock. The policy states your account is only charged when the items ship.

I've been wanting to order some more figures from them, and have been internally debating it since that previous order. But there have been far too many things I've wanted to buy from people that don't have shipping issues, so they've been the ones getting my business.

I keep getting newsletter emails about them getting "caught up" and improving service. So maybe they're working on it. I don't know. Maybe someone else

Offline orcyboy

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 03:37:36 PM »
Yeah, BTD blows.  I ordered a bunch of goblins back in November.  I just received them a couple weeks ago.  It took over 6 months of follow up emails to get the order filled and ofcourse they charged my card the day I 1st ordered. 
Theres been lots of buzz about their poor reputation posted on da-warpath and TMP the past few months.

These guys look promising for Reaper minis, 25% off and free shipping on US orders.  Has anybody tried them?  http://www.miniature-giant.com/home.php

Offline WallyTWest

• Members
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 03:42:09 PM »
Alas, I am a Black Tree victim. Its been 7 months, generally speaking the more popular the range the harder the re-supply in the US. They have had a hard time filling my particular order, I usually give a nagging telephone call every 6 weeks. My order is about 75% filled at this point.

As for how awesome the models are, many ranges are worth it. The dwarfs I ordered are absolutely awesome, very war-hammer role-play dwarf or third edition. I like them very much and cant wait to paint them( when they all come in). The Harlequin ogres that they used to make are a fantastic deal and I love the halflings. They are absolutely right on. I can also speak very highly of their dark elf range. I have a friend with an army and they look absolutely fantastic in the right paint scheme.

I would call up and ask about availability before ordering. The guy is nice enough, but their supply problems are crippling their company. Under current circumstance I have a hard time backing their product but if the model will do it for you... go for it.

In the mean time I am still waiting for about 20% of my order.  :eusa_wall:
It’s all about Renaissance Punk.

Offline orcyboy

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 03:57:03 PM »
I can also speak very highly of their dark elf range. I have a friend with an army and they look absolutely fantastic in the right paint scheme.

I have a bunch of their Dark Elves too, they are fine but the Witch elves are to be avoided... crude neanderthalic  looking things. 

Their Dwarves are very nice.

As I understand it the guy that runs the place out of Texas is also the owner of the company.  I've thought about stopping by his place and having a word with him.  The guy always offers extra free minis to make up for their crap service, I wonder how much I could get away with if I came knocking on his door.

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 04:35:38 PM »
I only ordered a few times from BTD, but they were fine.

Its going to take a lot for them to make me want to buy from them given this reputation they have built up. Shame.
We go to gain a little patch of ground that hath in it no profit but the name.
The Free Company of Solland

The Barony of Wusterburg

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 07:22:47 PM »
I believe that some of the Black Tree ranges were sculpted by old time GW sculptors. Hence some of them looking a little similar. (I think Kev Adams did some of the O&G, for example.)

Offline Auberoun

• Members
  • Moguling the crap out of life.
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 04:19:29 AM »
I believe Black Tree also accquired some of the old marauder molds if I am not mistaken.
The world you believe is reality is a puppet show!

Offline mousekiller

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 04:52:08 AM »
orcboy:  I order from miniature giant quite a bit, and they are really good all around.  Only real issue is all they have are reaper, but the do stock ALL reaper stuff.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 01:45:56 PM »
Huh. I posted up above and then went away for the weekend. Came back and emailed Black Tree asking when my minis might be coming as it says 2-5 days shipping, and it's now 14 days since I ordered.

They have an address in the UK in Cornwall, and give the impression minis are spun in this country - however an email response did say something about some of the guys living in the USA these days?

I picked up an old model of theirs at Salute which had an address on the blister card in Hucknall, Nottingham - I queried this with them via email, and that was the old 'Harlequin Miniatures' set up - I assume they took it over.

I ordered stuff I had seen in Padre's armies.

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline DariusZero

• Members
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 05:21:27 PM »
Has anyone bought this miniature (- dragon lord)  yet? I wonder how big he really is?

http://www.manticgames.com/Shop-Home/Elves/Lords-and-Heroes/Product/Elven-Lord-on-Battle-Dragon.html

The price is tempting thou...

One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 05:42:19 PM »
I have ordered from BTD before and had no problems wht so ever.  I was ordereing from the U.S. office, I believe it is in Texas, my service was good delivery was prompt, order accuracy was dead on. I would order from them again without hesitation.  steveb

Offline Delthos

• Members
  • Evil Polish Guy
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2010, 01:55:13 AM »
Darius, it says it is on a 50mm base, so it's actually kind of small. It looks like it is probably about 120mm from nose to the tip of its tale. It definitely doesn't have the big sale like wings of the modern GW dragons.

I do like it though. Don't know if I'll be picking it up anytime soon.
Ostermark Photo Gallery
Ostermark Painting Log
"Kill 'em all and let Morr sort 'em out!" (General Ghent, Battle of Dumsky's Fallow)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 01:41:14 PM »
I'm still having troublle with Black Tree - no minis, and they have taken my payment back on the 5th of May.
Sent them a nice email back on the 18th asking for news, and no reply.

So sent them another via the contact us on their website last night - I was polite, but pointed out some of the general comments here, and how they did not seem to be following their own terms and conditions.

I wait to see.

Pity really as having seen Padre's models I was probably going to order some more.

Offline Valetus

• Members
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2010, 12:13:49 PM »
Has anyone used the victrix artillery models for their army? I would really like to know bout the scale of the guns before ordering and I can't even find an assembled picture of one. The best I found was:
http://www.victrixlimited.com/new_releases.php

Offline scarletsquig

• Members
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2010, 03:54:17 PM »
Has anyone bought this miniature (- dragon lord)  yet? I wonder how big he really is?

http://www.manticgames.com/Shop-Home/Elves/Lords-and-Heroes/Product/Elven-Lord-on-Battle-Dragon.html

The price is tempting thou...

It's more like the size of a really big pegasus or something, but still, not a bad model.

I'm thinking it'd be perfect for a high elf sun dragon, since the background says that they're younger and smaller.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2010, 11:56:01 AM »
Well my Black Tree "Warriors of Islam" turned up today and IMO - given the sale price - they are really good value .............

...... so as they are still on offer, I have ordered a few more.
I suppose if I forget about them then they will be a nice surprise when they turn up ......... in August.  :engel:

I notice Foundry had a 20% off offer over the UK Bank Holiday, running until Weds June 2nd - even at 20% I still find their stuff expensive though.

I also see GW are now Post Free for the future.  :icon_exclaim:

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 11:34:57 AM »
Well I'm still waiting for my second order from Black Tree - it was placed 3rd June - date of the above post.

One annoying thing I have discovered is that it took my money in english £s on the site, and it has come through on my credit card bill exchanged into dollars to a Texas payment, and it has cost me another c.£2.35

I think that is sneaky.

So we have them taking the money straightaway, when the website says when they dispatch.

They take your money in dollars and not GBP, and I cannot find where it tells you that on their site.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 11:38:57 AM »
Go and complain at some official place (consumer institution etc.). That sounds like something they'd like to know.

Some retailers do stuff like that deliberately, because they don't expect people to make a fuss.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2010, 11:47:26 AM »
Oh I will.

I am just waiting to get the minis first.  :engel:

I was mainly giving you guys a heads up.

Offline DariusZero

• Members
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 01:28:40 PM »
I have just received my shipment of different minis from the Ludik Bazaar game store. They're selling among other things quite a few different companies of miniatures - like Helldorado which are on a discount right now. you can also buy spare parts - like weapons and even whole minis if they come in one bloc , very cheaply.
It took - the whole procedure from paying until receiving the package - few days more than a week - from France to Slovenia. The guy that runs the shop is very friendly, he answered all my questions over e-mail literally in seconds, and when I got my shipment - surprise - I got a gift, a beautiful rackham mini ( yes I know some of you guys hate them  :wink:), worth at least 10€.

SO, my fingers up for this company!

http://www.ludikbazar.com/index.php?cPath=460_4271
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 01:31:22 PM by DariusZero »

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2010, 03:21:35 PM »
As I have mentioned elsewhere I have been browing round the historical scene, and I ordered a couple of books from Warhammer Historical today.

http://warhammer-historical.com/acatalog/Warhammer_Ancient_Battles.html

You can buy one book and they offer another at half-price.

Strange thing is you can buy a cheap book at £13.00 and then get a £20.00 at half-price

Also Warlord Games are doing another couple of deals revolving around the WAB 2 book.
[It is £32.00 retail at Warhammer Historical as above, and then there is shipping of £3.00  - so £35.00 total - you can get a half price book as well, but I got other books instead as above.]
If you choose to get it from Warlord it's £30 and free shipping - you don't need to even if you buy the deal though.

I had a browse around the usual suspects and couldn't find it cheaper.

I may sticky this thread - what do you think.  :icon_question:

. and would it be better in the Counts' Tavern   :icon_question:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 03:28:20 PM by Midaski »

Offline SpaceCowboy

• Members
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2010, 04:19:12 PM »
I highly recommend Manticgames. I bought Malak's Legion of death (undead of course) with a 15 % discount I think it was. I got:

1 Collectors Edition Morgoth the Faceless (Necromancer) because I also bought a subscription to Mantic Journal.
1 Vampire on undead Pegasus
2 Necromancers
1 Revenant King
1 Revenant Standard Bearer
40 Skeleton Warriors
40 Revenants
20 Ghouls
5 Limited Edition Revenant Knights
5 Wraiths
2 Catapults
1 Mantic Bag and 36 I believe Mantic Points.

Standard Prices, £ 99 for the army deal and £ 10 for the subscription and shipping £ 8. I got all of it for £92.65 great price if you ask me. They don't have this offer atm, but they have new offers up all the time. And I must say I am impressed by the models, especially for that price. Haven't got the knights, wraiths or the vampire yet though as they obviously have a really high demand for them, but got the rest 1 week after I ordered.

http://www.manticgames.com/
My gaming/painting blog http://diceandbrush.blogspot.com/

Offline Badwolf

• Members
  • 10mm KoW
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2010, 04:46:31 PM »
I was looking through Northstar's webstore earlier and noticed that they're currently selling off some Victrix Napoleonics and Warlord Celts and Romans at half price due to damaged boxes.

http://www.northstarfigures.com/list.php?man=36&page=1