home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 537575 times)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #5575 on: June 06, 2019, 06:55:51 PM »
My usual recipe is an egg, bread crumbs, Worchester sauce and some BBQ sauce or sundried tomato dressing for flavour. I'm thinking that I may need either a second egg, or just more bread crumbs.

That thought above should head for happy and random 😺
I am officially hungry
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #5576 on: June 07, 2019, 12:08:11 PM »
Might actually need less crap in it and more meat with a good fat content.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #5577 on: June 07, 2019, 06:56:01 PM »
Meat's pretty good quality but it is pretty lean. Could be it.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5578 on: June 08, 2019, 02:06:17 AM »
Something made my workmates unhappy the other night. A customer sent his desert back, claiming his ice cream was too cold and wanted us to microwave it for him

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5579 on: June 08, 2019, 11:58:19 AM »
Something made my workmates unhappy the other night. A customer sent his desert back, claiming his ice cream was too cold and wanted us to microwave it for him

I was renovating a Burger King about 30 years ago and it was the downtown location and a night job so the clientele was pretty unique. I was talking to a native guy who was explaining strength coming from the length of his hair. very friendly and smiling while the cast around his wrist was bleeding proficiently. Didn’t seem to mind. Meanwhile a guy at the counter was freaking out on the girl about not having exactly 7 ice cubes in his coke that he specifically ordered.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5580 on: June 10, 2019, 12:27:36 AM »
^
Last Saturday was pretty bad; mostly because the diners were particularly fussy. There was a table of a local transport firm who were probably the snootiest pack of bus and truck drivers I'd ever had the displeasure of meeting. On top of that; 'Mrs Allergic to everything' [as we've taken to calling her] brought her whole family in and NONE of them could eat ANYTHING on the menu.

The icing on the cake though [and this is the mother of all tortured metaphors] is that the trays in the desert freezer collapsed; smashing about fifty tarts which caused the pastry chef some annoyance.     

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #5581 on: June 15, 2019, 11:46:32 AM »
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #5582 on: June 16, 2019, 07:49:31 AM »
Clearly fake, the Chinese don’t hide the military, they hide protest - it would be a picture of tanks only.

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #5583 on: June 16, 2019, 09:52:34 AM »
That is just a man in the street - nothing to be seen here, no protest to hide.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #5584 on: September 11, 2019, 07:52:52 PM »
I think I have shitty parents.

They haven't visited since I got married in 2016. They never came to hold my daughter when she was a newborn (she's a year and a half now) nor do they plan to visit to see or hold my newest child (2 months old). Meanwhile they have visited my sister's family in Florida (parents live in Maine, I'm in Northern VA) 3-4 times in the past year and a half. My Brother moved in with my sister with his wife and daughter (they were living with my parents) and just announced they are having a boy due Feb 2nd. I have a feeling my parents will actually visit and see the baby. I have asked them to visit us before but when they do answer the phone they say its too expensive or they don't have the time. It feels really shitty that they will miss out on holding their baby granddaughters from my family. Like they just don't care. I used to look up to these people but in the last 8 years they have changed so much that they are almost strangers.  My oldest daughter has only seen my mom once via a skype call. My dad's never seen her.  Just feels shitty.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5585 on: September 11, 2019, 08:30:01 PM »
What's the old saying?
"You can choose your friends, but you are stuck with your relatives."

Or something like that.

Did they come to the wedding willingly, and get the hump about something?
How were they when you were ill with the brain thingey?

Anyway not seeing grandchildren is their loss Feanor.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5586 on: September 11, 2019, 08:46:26 PM »
That sucks all round.
I think your on to something.
What Mids says as well
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #5587 on: September 11, 2019, 10:07:55 PM »
Except, of course, if Feanor forgot to mention that his parents are dead .....

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5588 on: November 27, 2019, 02:38:46 PM »
I’ll start off by saying I don’t care about vehicles or what I drive. I usually buy 10 -12 year old clunkers, pay 2-3k for them and sell them for trash when there done. No comprehensive insurance etc. I hope for 2 years and cross my fingers.
My wife has a different opinion. Long story short, we buy a new Mitsubishi, get I listed in the pay forever program, invest in the $1200 Japanese snow tires, oil change etc for warranty, and get rewarded this morning with it failing to start.
The whole reason for this shitshow was to have a worry free, safe ride.
We go out to my 16 year old dodge caravan, dig it out of the snow bank and it starts and gets us to work. Minus the defroster, radio etc. Rear heater works though and feed it oil and it will never die.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline oak_prince

• Members
« Reply #5589 on: November 29, 2019, 05:39:29 PM »
My wife has a different opinion. Long story short, we buy a new Mitsubishi, get I listed in the pay forever program, invest in the $1200 Japanese snow tires, oil change etc for warranty, and get rewarded this morning with it failing to start.
We go out to my 16 year old dodge caravan, dig it out of the snow bank and it starts and gets us to work. Minus the defroster, radio etc. Rear heater works though and feed it oil and it will never die.

Many women have a fixation with the age of a car that overrides other considerations. One of my friends is dating this 24ish year old bank teller and she's always complaining about how awful it is drive a 3 year old car(gasp!). Is a thrifty girlfriend/wife just an unrealistic hope?

I'm driving a car from the 10's for the first time and there are all these little computerized parts that make things slightly more efficient but throw the whole vehicle in a lurch when they go bad. Makes me miss my old Bonneville.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone".

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5590 on: November 29, 2019, 08:11:27 PM »

Many women have a fixation with the age of a car that overrides other considerations. One of my friends is dating this 24ish year old bank teller and she's always complaining about how awful it is drive a 3 year old car(gasp!). Is a thrifty girlfriend/wife just an unrealistic hope?

I'm driving a car from the 10's for the first time and there are all these little computerized parts that make things slightly more efficient but throw the whole vehicle in a lurch when they go bad. Makes me miss my old Bonneville.

I hear you!
If it’s old, no good. Lol
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5591 on: December 10, 2019, 01:09:26 PM »
My 86 year old Grandmother had a stroke. Outcome is doubtful :icon_cry:

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #5592 on: December 10, 2019, 02:20:27 PM »
My 86 year old Grandmother had a stroke. Outcome is doubtful :icon_cry:
Sorry to hear that Rowsdower.  :-(
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #5593 on: December 10, 2019, 03:04:50 PM »
Those kinds of situations are never fun, and hope all goes smoothly as possible for you and family.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #5594 on: December 16, 2019, 09:34:39 PM »
― Jake the Dog

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #5595 on: January 25, 2020, 03:26:10 PM »
The Year of the Rat has started ominously - must be one from Clan Pestilens...

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5596 on: February 15, 2020, 10:35:40 PM »
I had the ingenious idea of working on the old Airfix sdkfz 234. The thing is a nightmare of flashing, poor fitting and inaccuracy. The overly-busy and needlessly complicated Dragon kit was less trouble.

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #5597 on: February 15, 2020, 10:42:09 PM »
I had one of those, when I was a kid - in the 70."

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #5598 on: February 26, 2020, 09:14:30 PM »
Around this time, a week ago, a friend phoned and asked if I knew if anything had happened a common friend of ours. Some strange posts had appeared on his Facebook page.
My wife could verify that there was indeed posts on said Facebook page that looked suspiciously like the kind of things you write when someone has passed away.

Not long after a second friend contacts me with the same questions and feelings of foreboding. Sadly, it turned out to be true.

Per, my best friend, my comrade in arms in both Historical fencing and in medieval re-enactment was no more.

Nothing has been said for certain even if more than a week has passed. Maybe his family is chock aswell. He left a brother behind. He had no children of his own. But he was engaged in sooo many activities. He was always tripled booked up BUT he ALWAYS showed up. He was always ready to lend a helping hand.

Sure, he was 63 but still no huge age in modern Sweden. Possibly heart attack.

He was my rock during the divorce. He helped me out in more than one monetary pinch. He was always happy to come by for a cup of coffee and a chat about this and that. We were making plans for galavanting around on medieval markets as our usual duo swashbuckling ne´erdowells.
We were planning for the next year when Gothenburg turns 400 years. We were planning to show of some period rapier fencing in period clothes. We had our longtime goal of building a light medieval siege engine, a mangonel or such, that could moved in parts and assembled on the appropriate location.

All that is now in the passed or in the future that will never be. There is a hole on my heart and in my soul like I have never felt. My best friend is no more. Sometimes I cry and the next moment I cannot even believe it is true. Then time passes by when I forget it until something reminds me, usually something pink. He was known as Mr Pink since he always marked his swords and stuff with a piece of pink ductape or ribbon. It was such a well known fact that we used to joke in the HEMA club that if something got something pink upon it, that stuff was Pers by right of Pink.

I had a special coffee cup with Moomin Trolls, my part of a pair that me and my ex-wife had. It became Pers cup for coffee. Now, he will never drink from his cup.

Life is the same, but still not, because somehow there is a void in me now.

I have such sorrow that it does not even know were to go.
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5599 on: February 27, 2020, 02:42:24 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear that