home

Author Topic: Generals Handbook part 2!  (Read 3190 times)

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
Generals Handbook part 2!
« on: November 23, 2016, 03:39:50 PM »
They want to have a inside look from gamers how they find the GHB needs to be tweaked!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/23/generals-handbook-feedback/
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
Re: Generals Handbook part 2!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 04:51:41 PM »
I've submitted my comments, and I see a few of my friends have too.   My group seem to be keen for more Narrative play stuff, and less focus on matched play

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 08:24:05 PM »
I made a comment on someone, to have multiple versions of a battleplan for 1k, 2k and maybe 2,5k, so the 4x4 or 4x6 tables are used
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 08:27:39 PM by StealthKnightSteg »

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 09:22:09 PM »
The room I made for my hobby was planned fora 6x4 table but on completion it looks a 4x4 would be more optimal. Anyone playing AOS on 4x4's and what size of army would be good considering the skirmish style of AOS
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 09:58:30 PM »
I don't (and many others with me) consider AoS a skirmish game.

But to your question.. 1k would suit a 4x4 while a 2k would suit a 6x4 table and I think the GHB even mentions a 8x4 for 2,5k points.
And in my local GW store we only play on 4x4 and usually 1k or 1,5k so that is fine

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 10:23:57 PM »
Awesome! Thanks cause that would work out better for the layout. And I like the idea AOS isn't skirmish! I have pretty much fleshed out fantasy 2k armies of high elves, goblins and orks plus empire so that would great.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 11:47:48 PM »
You can ask ten different people and get ten different answers on what is and isn't a skirmish game.  I care little for the difference.  To me there are games I enjoy, and games I don't.   Age of Sigmar is in the games I DO enjoy.

Sent from my thingamajig via wadyamacallit

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 08:36:39 AM »
You can ask ten different people and get ten different answers on what is and isn't a skirmish game.  I care little for the difference.  To me there are games I enjoy, and games I don't.   Age of Sigmar is in the games I DO enjoy.

Sent from my thingamajig via wadyamacallit

Possibly true and I agree, there should be games you enjoy or don't..

As for my own definition of a skirmish game.. It would be individual models that move around like: Mordheim, Frostgrave and 40K Killteam

Anyway back on topic, I would really like to see what this asking around will bring!

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 11:59:31 AM »
I just call it mass skirmish (which is basically a battle :laugh:) since it's flexible enough for any amount of models you want to use.

Anyway, any changes are fine with me as long as they keep close to the first book. No need for any huge leaps so soon.  Also want more battlelines and bigger narrative focus.
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 05:07:04 PM »
Already on pre-order, but it's finally here. 

Anyone have any opinions on what to expect, or hope for from GHB2?

(and I don't mean bring back WFB)

• Members
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2017, 09:53:53 AM »
Well from what I gathered yet (not much after my vacation I need to get back up to speed.. mostly deprived of information for the past 10 days) I really like the allies idea and more faction specific bonuses coming