home

Author Topic: Imperiale Expedition Streitland - Mixed Empire Army based on real life Larpers  (Read 1873 times)

Offline Markus Meyer

• Members
On the Epic Empires Larp there is the Empire Camp.
A Warhammer Fantasy Empire Army encampment with something like 120 Larpers in Statetroop outfits. The different Regiments vary in size from 6-20 Players. Focus is on Soldier Larping so Witchhunters and Sorcerers are restricted.

Link to some Pictures.
http://forum.imperiumslager.de/index.php?thread/68-2015-fotos/&pageNo=1

http://moritz-jendral.de/portfolio-item/epic-empires-2015-part-o1/

Our group are the 3rd Carroburg Greatswords and we will be there in 2019 with 4 Greatswords and 4 Retinues and plan in 2020 to field at least a 10men Unit in 2020.

So this Empire Expedition is the Baseline for my Empire Army I want to paint in 2019 and on. Gotting activated again by GWs Contrast paints. So don't expect beautiful closeups but lots of minis, ready for the table. :)

The Army List I want to finish is losely based on that old AOS Title with massive Firepower and some Screening Units.

Freeguild General on Warhorse with Stately War Banner: Flag of the Conquerors, Inspiring
    Freeguild Guard x 20: Swordsmen: Banner, Drummer
    Freeguild Guard x 20: Swordsmen: Banner, Drummer
    Freeguild Handgunners x 30: Banner, Piper
    Freeguild Handgunners x 30: Banner, Piper
    Freeguild Crossbowmen x 30: Banner, Piper
    Freeguild Greatswords x 30: Banner, Hornblower
    Freeguild General on Griffon

Some changes will be made of course.
Less Swordsmen. Switching one Handgunner Regiment with Crossbowmen and so on. With the Release of the GH 2019 points and extras will varry also of course.

Offline orcyboy

• Members
Great stuff.
I'm always intrigued by the Warhammer LARPing stuff. Do all those folks actual play Warhammer Fantasy and know the lore or are they just in it for the cosplay? It feels like you can get more people together to LARP Warhammer fantasy then actually play a game of Warhammer fantasy.

Offline Markus Meyer

• Members
Great stuff.
I'm always intrigued by the Warhammer LARPing stuff. Do all those folks actual play Warhammer Fantasy and know the lore or are they just in it for the cosplay? It feels like you can get more people together to LARP Warhammer fantasy then actually play a game of Warhammer fantasy.

50/50 I would say. Usually the women that accompany our Greatswords are in their Reikland Style dresses but more lightly on lore. Though Cosplay is nothing the lads do. This is Larp, you create a role and don't try to imitate someone.
So if Karl Franz would show up no one would take him seriously. :)

So yesterday I began to rebase a lot of Handgunners from 2 Editions ago and bring them on round bases. I will not paint strip them but put more paint on. So they will be ugly for sure and only suitable for players above 40 years like me. :)