home

Author Topic: 100 Days of Hobby 2020 ...  (Read 71243 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Re: 100 Days of Hobby 2020 ...
« Reply #325 on: May 29, 2020, 07:19:49 PM »
Day 29   -  Friday May 28th

More scenery painting.
Testing some colours out on the tents - Deneb Stone or Bleached Bone??

Did some brick walls - after some playing with various greys, I settled on Eshin Grey as  a basecoat and then Codex for the main highlight - probably add a lighter drybrush, but I am not going to do much more than basic paintjobs on scenery.

Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #326 on: May 29, 2020, 08:52:35 PM »
Day 29 - this week has worn me out. All I think I can accomplish today is reading thru the emails about our campaign and having done that, I will head for padres latest instalment as it remains unread at this point. Then I will attempt sleep.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #327 on: May 30, 2020, 02:01:23 AM »
It is definitely feeling like the end of a four day week.  My apology for not getting to this thread sooner today.

Last night I got 3 Perry WotRs archers constructed, that's it.  Oh and painted gray on spearmen as a touch up, plus left over paint to a GW Empire metal archer.  He came in a two pack over ten years ago, and the first one I added to some plastic figures for a unit of 5 archers as a Westerland detachment unit during the time of the Marienburg Crisis campaign.

Tonight it will be more archers, and painting something.  Plus I worked on the Imagi-Nations campaign that Artoban, Gankom and I are currently starting.  Did up a fluff piece regarding how the situation exists after the first battle of the war.  And finalized pieces on mapping, supply, and scouting, as well as current NPCs, Units, and campaign continuing from here.

Updating ...

Last report for Tuesday, Day 26

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Mids, Artoban, GP, Padre, Gankom, Rowsdower, Realjuan

5 Days Per Week ... Zygmund

3 Days Per Week ... SKS, Novogord

(Those reporting in are bolded.)

Wednesday, Day 27

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... GP, Rowsdower, Artoban, Padre, Mids, Gankom, Realjuan

Yesterday ...

Thursday, Day 28

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Mids, Artoban, Gankom, Padre, GP, Realjuan

Today ...

Friday, Day 29

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Mids, Arotoban, GP, Realjuan, Padre, Gankom

EDITED with Realjuan's Zygmund's updates on Sunday.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 11:00:41 PM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #328 on: May 30, 2020, 01:19:08 PM »
ALMOST finished the spawn today
Should have it completed tomorrow

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #329 on: May 30, 2020, 03:15:35 PM »
Week 5 is off to a nice start!

Week 4
May 24th:
-Painted more on my Broadside; got a lot of work done on my Lord of Contagion
May 25th:
-Slapped a bit of paint on the plagueburst crawler, its now black and green (and primer white)
May 26th:
-Picked up some T'au scenery models some local crew has printed for me and had a nice 1 hour chat about the hobby with the dude where I picked it up. (Link here for anyone interested. Pictures of the stuff will be in my blog in a few days. Got the bunker, Weapons Turret (that did not go fully on how it should be) and Battlefield Structure / Objective Marker

Week 5
May 29th:
-Work on the last bg stage for my broadside, 2nd layer of the dark white, added all the recess shades and painted the orange sept parts in it's final layer color x2 so with that I'm almost done with the tedious parts (just cleaning up after the shades to do as tedious)
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #330 on: May 30, 2020, 05:33:19 PM »
At last! Lgs open and some supplies. Sub on the corax white, black acrylic for Fort, nylon and agrax wash (gloss Yipes!) and some tech for bases.
Plus assembled a couple of shadows. Now, back to our regularly scheduled events.

Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #331 on: May 30, 2020, 09:26:30 PM »
Congrats on being able to get hobby supplies! :::cheers::: :icon_lol:

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #332 on: May 31, 2020, 10:31:19 AM »
Day 30   -   Saturday May 30th

Finished up the floors of some Tabletop Workshop buildings I have - now to get on with the walls.
Painting on the fields continues.
Did some trousers/pants on some figures on my tabletop.

Then discovered a nightmare idiot thing I had done some days ago. Grrrrrrrrr.

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #333 on: May 31, 2020, 10:37:35 AM »
Quote Mids:
Then discovered a nightmare idiot thing I had done some days ago. Grrrrrrrrr

Well? Let us know so we can feel better 😺

Edit: Never mind! Just read it in the other thread. That sucks. I had a gloss primer as well but it still took acrylics
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 10:40:24 AM by Artobans Ghost »
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #334 on: May 31, 2020, 11:10:01 AM »
[sounds trumpet] Its done, I say again; its done. The plague beast army is complete.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #335 on: May 31, 2020, 11:49:20 AM »
[sounds trumpet] Its done, I say again; its done. The plague beast army is complete.

Toot toot!
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #336 on: May 31, 2020, 04:29:24 PM »
Day 31 - worked on the Fort. Very dark. And the skull pass gobbo t-pee
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #337 on: May 31, 2020, 06:30:23 PM »
Day 31  -  Sunday May 31st

Too bloody windy to respray my disasters.

Worked on my CoachHouse and fields with lot so Codex Grey, some Black Wash, and then even some green.
Painted a few coats as I went through more paint pots.

Fairly productive day even after yesterday's angst.  :closed-eyes:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #338 on: May 31, 2020, 07:01:45 PM »
Congrats! :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers:::

- - -

Progress here has become slow on the 28mm Perry WotRs and Euro Mercs.  I get going each day, but yesterday again only completing three archers.  Oh well, still constructing these figures every day for the last 10 in a row.  Did backs of 11 shields last night, so been painting the last 20 in a row, and hobbying the last 30 too.  There is no way this would be happening without this combined effort folks are making.

Got in a game of Lion Rampant yesterday morning with a new player and another guy that had played twice in person before the public health issue.  This time it was on Zoom ... used the 24 point Norman and Italian lists.  First time the Italians won in the last 5 games, and the slightly experienced player pulled it off using a tactical maneuver on the table top I hadn't seen used previously with this scenario.  Fun to see it happen.

Updating ...

Friday, Day 29

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Mids, Arotoban, GP, Realjuan, Padre, Gankom

Yesterday ...

Saturday, Day 30

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Mids, Arotoban, GP, Padre, Gankom, Realjuan

Today ...

Sunday, Day 31

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Mids, Arotoban, Realjuan, GP, Padre, Gankom

« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 01:44:45 AM by GamesPoet »

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #339 on: May 31, 2020, 08:25:04 PM »
Lots of things going on this week in the house.
Wednesday 27:
Gaming day, friend came over and we got a small skirmish game going + coffee

Thursday:
Started glueing heads, weapons, shield that are lying around in boxes. I think having so many and not knowing my models well, is going to lead to a lot getting lost.

Friday 29:
Short day, did a timeline of my haqqislam and rethinking the logo since it seems the official logo will be change. Not sure if happy or not

Saturday 30:
Nothing, went for a hike with some friends, end up having coffee blah blah blah..nothing got done.

Sunday 31:
Today, free day so I got to paints some spearmen that I had around. Mostly models that were damage, but I didn't want to concentrate.
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #340 on: May 31, 2020, 08:48:33 PM »
Days 29 & 30 - Arranged Warzone minis into units; sold 80 minis and added one to the painting queue.

Day 31 - A little bit of conversion work, drilling and pinning.

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #341 on: May 31, 2020, 11:01:06 PM »
Edited last two tally posts above. :::cheers:::

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #342 on: June 01, 2020, 12:01:04 AM »
Got another good productive day

Week 4
May 24th:
-Painted more on my Broadside; got a lot of work done on my Lord of Contagion
May 25th:
-Slapped a bit of paint on the plagueburst crawler, its now black and green (and primer white)
May 26th:
-Picked up some T'au scenery models some local crew has printed for me and had a nice 1 hour chat about the hobby with the dude where I picked it up. (Link here for anyone interested. Pictures of the stuff will be in my blog in a few days. Got the bunker, Weapons Turret (that did not go fully on how it should be) and Battlefield Structure / Objective Marker

Week 5
May 29th:
-Work on the last bg stage for my broadside, 2nd layer of the dark white, added all the recess shades and painted the orange sept parts in it's final layer color x2 so with that I'm almost done with the tedious parts (just cleaning up after the shades to do as tedious)
May 31st:
-Finished the Broadside, and made the pictures for my Instagram(FB/Twitter) and for my blog to also repost
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #343 on: June 01, 2020, 01:48:36 AM »
Amended above for ya. :::cheers:::

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #344 on: June 01, 2020, 03:15:42 AM »
Now its time to get to work on all those other projects

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #345 on: June 01, 2020, 05:15:21 AM »
Now its time to get to work on all those other projects
:icon_lol: :::cheers:::

- - - - - - - - - - - -

So ... I got 6 more Perry archers done earlier, plus painted some more shoes on my Matorean swordsmen with some left over paint being used for belts on the spearmen.  Ta da!

Updating ...

Friday, Day 29

Yesterday ...

Saturday, Day 30

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Mids, Arotoban, GP, Padre, Gankom, Realjuan

Today ...

Sunday, Day 31

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Mids, Arotoban, Realjuan, GP, Padre, Gankom

And the new day begins!

Monday, Day 32

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Padre, Mids, Arotoban, Realjuan, GP, Padre, Gankom

« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 05:23:33 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #346 on: June 01, 2020, 12:36:12 PM »
Tidying up my Conquistador themed Empire army. I built it between 2008-12
I noticed the small archer unit was undermanned and decided to add a full command. Then I checked the rulebooks and realised archers/huntsmen CANT have full commands

All I really have to do with this army is finish the bases AND paint a unit of hand gunners. Shouldn't take too long

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #347 on: June 01, 2020, 02:50:34 PM »
GP, bold me up for every day up to now because I have done at least an hour's work every day, sometimes twice that, on the end of season campaign reports for 5 active players. The 6th player, almost wholly inactive, is a GP and kinda has his hands full with the pandemic! I'll not bother him just now!

I am almost done. It's a process in which each report gets written regarding the player's own forces and situation, every one entirely different from the others, then I add a general overview of the realm, skewed with respect to their perspectives, biases, interests (etc), to one player's report, then for the next player's more general report I use the previous player's text as a starting point and modify accordingly, and in parts very heavily. During this process I realise I have to go back and add things in to one or more previous players' reports, and so each of 5 or 6 reports grows and changes simultaneously. By this evening I will begin by reading the first report carefully, correcting and modifying as necessary, adding all the technical (rules-based) facts and figures on the bottom (army sizes, supply points generated and required etc), e-mail and move on to the next.

Usually, once all are done and sent out, I turn the reports into a general report for the thread, either inserting shorts stories into it, or using what came out in the reports to inspire a story of particular events of NPCs, and illustrating with models I have recently been working on. That's what I'll do this time too.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #348 on: June 01, 2020, 04:57:15 PM »
It's been a busy few days!

Day 29 finished up some fluff for my 40k armies.

Day 30 & 31 I dug down and worked on painting. Nearly 50 guys are nearly finished, just have to do some last touches!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #349 on: June 02, 2020, 10:57:26 AM »
Day 32 - no physical work. Landed a real Scale  flame cannon for the dwarves. Received emails regarding the new campaign we are in.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020