home

Author Topic: "Crusader" Forces in 9th Edition ...  (Read 1025 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
"Crusader" Forces in 9th Edition ...
« on: August 03, 2020, 06:53:35 PM »
Ok folks ... I'm seeing reference to "Crusader" forces with 9th editIon.  Does this mean there are different types of force compositions ... regular, "Crusader", etc?

Since this doesn't seem to be covered in the Core Rules I downloaded, probably all I need to do is open up the Indomitus starter set to view the full set of rules and it would all become obvious.  However, perhaps a good idea to still have this info available here anyway.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
Re: "Crusader" Forces in 9th Edition ...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 08:29:19 PM »
Ok folks ... I'm seeing reference to "Crusader" forces with 9th editIon.  Does this mean there are different types of force compositions ... regular, "Crusader", etc?

Since this doesn't seem to be covered in the Core Rules I downloaded, probably all I need to do is open up the Indomitus starter set to view the full set of rules and it would all become obvious.  However, perhaps a good idea to still have this info available here anyway.

Crusade is the narative template you can use which is covered in the Rules book
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 08:45:55 PM »
So due to it being narrative in nature, how much of that changes the force/structure/makeup of and army? Or maybe it is more of a story thing.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 09:13:25 PM »
So due to it being narrative in nature, how much of that changes the force/structure/makeup of and army? Or maybe it is more of a story thing.

It makes you create a side-list of units of whch you make a selection of that you can use in games, still battleforged, but warlord traits, relics need to be acquired through game points you earn (and start with 5 ), but units can earn certain perks also by experience
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 11:58:00 PM »
All the rules for it are in the main rulebook you now have with indomitus! Essentially its extra narrative rules so that your army grows from game to game. So leaders can earn relics or battle scars, units slowly become more veteran and get special rules, etc.