home

Author Topic: fire wizard  (Read 1893 times)

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
fire wizard
« on: September 19, 2011, 01:44:05 PM »
Originally I converted this guy up as a light wizard but did not like the final result. I than ripped it apart and formed it into a fire wizard!! What do you think?    ::heretic:: ::heretic:: ::heretic::
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Re: fire wizard
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 01:46:13 PM »
Very nice! I like the book.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Delthos

• Members
  • Evil Polish Guy
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 06:17:00 PM »
It makes me think, "Why don't wizards have ST 5 or higher?" After having carried around the new 8th Hardcover rule book, I've come to the conclusion any one who can hold a massive Tome like that up with one hand, and I have no doubt your Wizards book would be heavier than the 8th edition book, should have the Strength of a Giant! Looks good, I especially like the book.

I'd say the beard, hair, and face need some washes to give them a bit of definition. There is no definition them and they look a bit unfinished.
Ostermark Photo Gallery
Ostermark Painting Log
"Kill 'em all and let Morr sort 'em out!" (General Ghent, Battle of Dumsky's Fallow)

Offline Essexkiwi

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 06:50:57 AM »
Nice work, and the detail on the book is cool.

Agree that some washes to give a bit more depth would be good.   The main thing for me though is that the base really detracts from the model.
Scrape off the flock as always looks like astro-turf, and repaint the base sides to get rid of the green.  Texture the base with some sand and repaint/drybrush it, repaint the sides brown or black, and add a few tufts of static grass.  Good basing makes a huge impact on the overall look of a model.

Offline Otaku

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 07:04:24 AM »
Nice and original.  I really like the runes painted on.

Offline dogfacedboy_uk1

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 10:26:05 AM »
Great job on the book Zak and the fire effect! I think the white could use a little more depth, but that really depends on whether its used for gaming alot, as a bright white would probably look more impressive on the tabletop. The face and wizards would definately benefit from a wash though as it looks devoid of detail.

dfb

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 07:44:40 AM »
Amazing work! And not so over the top as the standard GW fire wizard. I like it!  :eusa_clap:
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls