home

Author Topic: WIP Priest Rules  (Read 3692 times)

Offline S.O.F

• Members
WIP Priest Rules
« on: March 06, 2012, 05:43:29 AM »
Well as I enjoy righting rules from time to time and will most likely not enjoy whatever GW puts out, I roughed out this sort of dream set up for Empire Priests. No point costs yet or decision on Dispel Dice but here is the rough go of it:

Lords: High Priests/Arch-Lector (Sigmar and Ulric only)
Heroes: Priests (All)

Righteous Fury
Any unit joined by the Priest gains certain special rules depending on the Priest’s patron god.
Sigmar: Hatred towards all enemy models in Destruction armies
Ulric: Hatred towards all enemy models with lower base Weapons Skill or Leadership
Taal: Hatred towards all enemy models in Chaos armies (Warriors, Beasts, Daemons, and Dwarfs) and are Forest Striders
Morr: Hatred towards all enemy models in Undead armies (Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings) and are Immune to Fear

Prayers
Each Priest has four prayers in which they may attempt to cast like a bound spell with a power level of 4.

Sigmar
Hammer of Sigmar (augment): Range 12” Single Character, Re-roll failed rolls to wound. Remains in play.
Armor of Contempt (augment): Range 12” Single Character, model has a 4+ ward save. Remains in play
Unbending Righteousness (augment): On Priest and Unit, unit become Unbreakable. Remains in play
Soulfire (damage): Range 12” Enemy unit suffers D6 S4 hits, Daemons and Undead take S5 hits

Ulric
Battle Howl (augment): Priest and Unit gain D3” to charges. Remains in play
Winter’s Chill (hex): Enemy units in base to base contact with Priest and unit suffer -1 to their To Hit rolls in hand to hand combat. Remains in play
Fury of Ulric (augment): Priest and Unit gain Frenzy. Remains in play.
Ulric’s Wrath (damage): All enemy models in base to base contact suffer a S4 hit.

Morr
Morr’s Touch (augment): Range 12” Cast on a single character, the model gains Killing Blow special ability. Remains in play
Cascade of Dreams (hex): Range 12” Cast on single enemy character, character must take a Leadership test or the character and the unit they are with are unable to take any action next turn. Enemies engaged in combat will react and fight back. This is not a Psychology test and only Daemonic or Forest Spirit characters are immune.
A View Beyond (augment): Priest and unit gain +1 Leadership, remains in play
#4….TBA

Taal
Huntsman’s Aim (augment): Priest and unit gains +1 to ballistic skill.
Bear’s Paw (augment): Range 12” Cast on a single character, model gains +2 strength. Remains in play.
Healing Hand (augment): Range 12” Cast on a single character, model regains one previously lost wound.
Tanglefoot (hex): Range 12” Cast on enemy unit, suffers –D6 inches from next roll to charge or to move.

War Altar
The War Altar is a chariot that confers +2 to armor save, magic resistance of 2, a 4+ ward save and large target to the High Priest riding it. In addition the War Altar adds certain bonuses to the players magic phase.

Players Magic Phase
The War Altar confers one of the following bonuses:
•   A single Prayer by the Priest is cast with Irresistible Force.
•   An Additional Prayer may be attempted with a free power die. This prayer may use other power dice from the players pool to augment

During Opponents Magic Phase
The War Alter confers one of the following bonuses:
•    Adds +1 to all dice rolled in a single dispel attempt made by the Priest to a maximum of +6
•    Adds an additional dispel dice to a single dispel attempt made by the Priest.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
Re: WIP Priest Rules
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 08:04:54 AM »
nice concept!

But I think the War Altar will be to strong even if the cost of taking one will double up (too 200) especially the other players magic phase. Even more so if you still consider adding DD for WP and +2 DD for AL.

Also what about making the flagellants core instead of rare, any changes on that? Other kinds of units maybe depending on what type of priest you have?

Also can several priests with different deity can be taken in one army?
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline S.O.F

• Members
Re: WIP Priest Rules
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 08:25:45 AM »
nice concept!

But I think the War Altar will be to strong even if the cost of taking one will double up (too 200) especially the other players magic phase. Even more so if you still consider adding DD for WP and +2 DD for AL.

Also what about making the flagellants core instead of rare, any changes on that? Other kinds of units maybe depending on what type of priest you have?

Also can several priests with different deity can be taken in one army?

Cost is not something I have figured yet with the Altar but generally I thought these generic bonuses (bases on the special talismans Ulric Priest could have in the 6th) were more fair then knowing all the Lore of Light Spells and casting it for free. But a price increase in general is most likely due for the Altar.

Most likely the Rare to Core rule would stay the same with Warriors of Ulric being added as a rare choice for Ulricans. Taal and Morr Priests would not get a similar rule, although Morrian Templars are an idea of mine in the realm of Knight options (Sigmarite, Ulrican, Morrian, and Myramidian there).

Priests would work at only two types per list and never Sigmar and Ulric or so is the rough thought at the moment is.

I suppose the main input I'm looking for is the fairness of the rules for each Priest Prayer and Righteous Fury wise to all be about equal in points and uses.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan