home

Author Topic: Mathis Guardsmen and others  (Read 2773 times)

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
Mathis Guardsmen and others
« on: July 13, 2017, 07:24:03 AM »
Hello folks! Lets wave the standards of the most badass faction there is. The bayonetloving, T-shirtarmoured Imperial Fucking GUARD!

I will present my slowling growing guards army here and I encourage the rest of you to do the same!

Because face it. This is Warhammer-Empire and the proper 40K equivalent to our beloved and lost Empire is the Guard.
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline Aldaris

• Members
Re: Mathis Guardsmen and others
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 08:23:00 AM »
Bah. Grovel before the carcass on the throne of Terra then, weakling. The Pact shall find you and make you into an offering to Khorne!
 :biggriin:

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 12:39:11 PM »
I mean technically the Pact is still a strong force of humanity. Just a degenerate level, filled with cowardice and broken faith.  :biggriin: For only the true followers of Sigmar... I mean the corsp...er Emperor man-god deserve to own the galaxy! Mankinds manifest destiny you understand.

Hail to the Guard! My lucky lads in the 1st Canadiana are eager to throw the chaos scum back into the void they came from!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 03:34:49 PM »
No better scum chuckers than the 1st. Canadiana! Yay for the fluff!
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 04:09:03 AM »
The first rule of the Guard is: go forward. So go forward with showing us your lovely boys, Mathi. :-P
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 02:09:42 PM »
I am going to. Just need to find a site that you can put up pics to link from. Stupid Photobucket....

Anyway, the army as it stands comprise of these units that are painted.

Prohkorovkan Dragoons:

Rota Razvediki

Company commander Major Rokossovski

Dismounted Dragoon troop
Troop commander Leutenant Smirnoff
1st squad
Sgt with bolter, heavy bolter, grenade launcher and Vox
2nd Squad
Sgt with chainsword, Missile launcher. grenade launcher and Vox
3rd Squad
Sgt with chainsword, autocannon, grenade launcher and Vox
Troop Taurox
Twin autocannons

Veteran Armoured fist squad
Sgt with bolt pistol, 2 meltaguns, 1 Heavy flamer and Vox
Chimera with Heavy bolter and Multilas

Attached Regimental armoured support
Leman Russ with Battle cannon, Lascannon and two heavy bolters

Those are the completed units so far. Enough for a Battle Forged Patrol.

The idea is to build a force according to the Battalion force chart

Fluffwise this is a mounted formation. A regular Prohorovkan Dragoon Rota (Company) consist of two dragoon Troops mounted on Prewavlski steeds, a special breed of horse much loved by the Prohorovkans. There is a strong relationship with the Cult Mechanicus, but curiously first and foremost with the Magos Biologis branch. The Prewavlski steeds are very intelligent and form a strong bond with their rider. They have enchanced durability and can march long on minimal rations of food and water.
Rather than charging in Hell for leather the dragoon Rotas tend to fight dismounted, leaving their mounts somewhat to the rear, but following close enough behind should the be a need to mount and either fall back or pursue an enemy.

Usually the Rota goes to battle with one troop dismounted and with the other held in reserve ready to either move ahead and flank or pursue a fleeing enemy, or if need be counterattack or reinforce.
Each Rota also comprise of a third troop designated as Armoured Dragoons. This troop are usually comprised of veteran troopers and goes into battle in the trust Chimera. Due to the veterans expirience, they can either operate as a single unit or be attached as light armoured support to the dragoon troops. The veterans tend to be kited out for close assaults to take out fortified position or tougher enemy units.

Each troop of Dragoons also have a Taurox or the native Aurox halftrack as Troop vehicle. They are used to transport the troops heavy weapons, ammunition and function as mobile fire support with their twin barrelled autocannons.

Hence, each Rota will consist of three troops, two mounted on horses and one in Chimeras. However, the armoured troop is often more of a light armoured squadron. Rather than three veteran squads in Chimeras, it is often just two squads in a Chimera each, and two light tanks, often Hellhounds or Devil Dogs.

The command detail of the Rota is often mounted in a specially fitted Chimera carrying the Commander with his staff and a mortar section. The Rota HQ Chimera tend to be heavily loaded down and is often referred to as "Commanders mule".

All in all, the Dragoon Rotas are quite capable battle-groups formations that can be given specific tasks, often recon-in-force. But a Dragoon Batalon or Dragoon Polk (the Prohkorovkan term roughly equivalent to regiment) is even more formidable when used as one coherent unit. While usually classified as "Mounted infantry" or "armoured infantry" in the hamfisted Departemento Munitorium system, a Dragoon Polk can also be classified as a "Permanent Battlegroup", indicating that it is capable of combined arms operation without further reinforcement.

Each Batalon have a squadron of Sentinels that can be used independently or used to reinforce the Rotas of the Batalon. And on the level of Polk there is one tank company of Leman Russ and a mixed artillery and Anti-aircraft company, usually consisting of two artillery batteries of Basilisks or Wyvern and one battery of Hydra flak tanks.

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 03:52:45 PM »
Pictures or it didn't happen.

You using vostroyans?
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2017, 03:54:12 PM »
Beautiful fluff! Especially the mounted troops. Pics would be a blessing for sure 😸
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2017, 09:15:08 AM »
Not Vostroyans. I use Valhallans for my veteran squad and Cadian pieces with greatcoat bodies from Wargames factory. Kitbash is your friend.

I would like to have Vostroyans to form somekind of a command squad for my company commander. Looks more badass.

I have run out of Greatcoats though so I may be forced to make mortars out of common cadians.

Then there is the mounted units. There will be rough riders! Just need lots of horsies and lower bodies and... well, many pieces. Preferably there should be 30 Rough riders all in all but I may have to settle for just one unit. It will be so much work otherwise.

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2017, 09:47:51 AM »
And I am going to add Lord Commissar Gustaf Mannerheim and his personal detail of stormtroopers from the 21st Pohjolan or The Black Arrow. The 21st will be inspired by a special finnish unit, Independent Battalion 21, with the nickname Musta Nuoli or The Black Arrow. It was a unit of volunteer prisoners, mostly communists political ones but also others who had commited lesser crimes. In exchange for serving their country their sentences would be pardoned.

A husband of my grandmothers sister served and died in the original Battalion 21 when the soviets stormed the island they where defending as the soviets made a suprise assault across the frozen finnish bay in the last days of the Winter war of 1939-1940.

So it is in partially a punishment detail, Pohjolans who have been found lacking in their faith towards the Imperium have been given one last chance to redeem themselves. But to be given the opportunity to join the 21st is considered a huge honour on Pohjola. Commissars trained at Schola Progenium at Pohjola have the opportunity to be assigned a detail from the Black Arrows.

The systems of Pohjola and Prokhorovka have a long going relationship of both feuds and more peaceful interactions. However, the coming of the Dark Imperium made the systems close ranks. They were lucky enough to be able to maintain communications and aid each others defence. Both systems have remained loyal to Terra and the new leadership in the form Robotue Guilliman. However, the years of isolation have seen the ranks of the 21st Black Arrows swell.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2017, 11:51:35 AM »
Fluff is superb and I love Valhallans. Old style Soviets in space. :smile2:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2017, 12:26:43 PM »
Valhallans are the best IG models as far as I'm concerned. I hunted eBay for a long time rounding up 4 squads and some heavy weapon teams. I tracked down the vostroyan command group as well. Missed out on the reprint of the medic though awhile back. Have a chimera and LR in winter colours but not true vallhallen colours. Just love the greatcoats and caps.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2017, 12:50:36 PM »
Valhallans are the best IG models as far as I'm concerned. I hunted eBay for a long time rounding up 4 squads and some heavy weapon teams. I tracked down the vostroyan command group as well. Missed out on the reprint of the medic though awhile back. Have a chimera and LR in winter colours but not true vallhallen colours. Just love the greatcoats and caps.

Let us see those beauties Artoban! I need a fix of Vostroya. :smile2:

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2017, 04:33:34 AM »

Let us see those beauties Artoban! I need a fix of Vostroya. :smile2:

I'll sort them out and put them in with the space woofs. They are quite a hodgepodge as I couldn't decide on a uniform colour. The vodtroyans never got painted but will be eventually.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2017, 11:56:09 AM »
Not Vostroyans. I use Valhallans for my veteran squad and Cadian pieces with greatcoat bodies from Wargames factory. Kitbash is your friend.

I would like to have Vostroyans to form somekind of a command squad for my company commander. Looks more badass.

I have run out of Greatcoats though so I may be forced to make mortars out of common cadians.

Then there is the mounted units. There will be rough riders! Just need lots of horsies and lower bodies and... well, many pieces. Preferably there should be 30 Rough riders all in all but I may have to settle for just one unit. It will be so much work otherwise.
Are the Greatcoats hard to find?
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2017, 05:01:45 PM »
Where are the goddam pictures!!!! That's what we need!
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!