home

Author Topic: The Empire Provinces Poll  (Read 90907 times)

Offline Boreas_NL

• Members
Re: The Empire Provinces Poll
« Reply #150 on: September 02, 2012, 07:21:14 PM »
Heat up the ale!

Stirland for the win!
My bases are for sale/trade! Interested? Hit me with a PM!
http://toysoldiersofftowar.blogspot.nl/

Offline Paladin Commander

• Members
« Reply #151 on: November 15, 2012, 12:20:42 PM »
My force is about 50/50 Ostermark and Stirland, i'm going for a theme of the Empire fighting at Hell Fenn (which is on the border between Ostermark and Stirland) so lots of warrior priest and no wizards  :icon_surprised: I also have a dwarf army which allies with them for big games (although they fight dark elves more than Vampires but whatever).

Offline Clarkarias

• Members
  • Halton Hills, Ontario
« Reply #152 on: November 19, 2012, 04:47:13 PM »
For the Capital!!!
Let's go red, let's go blue, the City of Altdorf will destroy you!
Actually, forget Karl-Franz. I want rules for Thyrus Gorman on a dragon. - Rufus Sparkfire

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #153 on: November 20, 2012, 01:41:53 PM »
For the Capital!!!
Let's go red, let's go blue, the City of Altdorf will destroy you!

Traitor!
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Clarkarias

• Members
  • Halton Hills, Ontario
« Reply #154 on: November 20, 2012, 06:23:15 PM »
I'm not good enough to make the ole White and Grey stand out like they deserve...
Actually, forget Karl-Franz. I want rules for Thyrus Gorman on a dragon. - Rufus Sparkfire

Offline fox_in_boots

• Members
« Reply #155 on: December 10, 2012, 06:48:13 PM »
i work one unit at a time by provincial collor i do hope to display a army representing a unifyed grand muster of every provence reresented equaly its always difficult for me to choose wich unit to paint from what reigion

Offline Franzibald

• Members
« Reply #156 on: January 09, 2013, 02:15:28 AM »
I opted for Ostermark, partly because they lie directly in the path of two of the greatest enemies of the Empire (the Vampire Counts to the south and the forces of Chaos from the Northeast) and partly because I was fascinated by the appearance and history of the Death's Head Regiment, as seen in the Heraldry book.  After some weeks of trial and error, I managed to make a regiment of halberdiers and a regiment of handgunners with skull masks (hope to have pictures up soon!)  Oddly enough, my opponents always seem to make them a priority target for some reason, even though their stats are no different from my other troops...

I've also assembled a backstory concerning an impending Chaos invasion across the Kislev-Ostermark border (largely inspired by one of my stronger opponents, who always fields an army of Nurgle Chaos Warriors which have been causing some trouble).  As such, I've created a backstory where mercenary forces have journeyed to the League of Ostermark to sell their services for the impending conflict.  As such, I've recently painted a large regiment of Estalian soldiers (a long way from home) led by an eccentric, one-eyed captain, to provide additional support to the main force of my Ostermark Regiment.  Though I don't use heavy cavalry much, I have two regiments of knights, one painted in the colors of the Order of the Everlasting Light, the other in those of the Osternacht.

Offline Eltrummor

• Members
« Reply #157 on: March 02, 2013, 02:09:10 PM »
Averland.

The reason I choosed Averland is simple - the colours. I love how the black and yellow correspond with each other. And reading the fluff about Averland just boosted my choice. Averland is named after the river Aver, a province in the south of the Empire. Averland is not the biggest nor the most influental but it's probably the wealthiest. It shares borders to Stirland, Wissenland, Mootland and Reikland (via Nuln). Averlands economy is based on trade, agriculture and horse breeding. The horses of Averland are the finest ones in the Old World and in high demand of the knightly orders. The largest and most influental knightly order in Averland is easily the Knights of the Blazing Sun. The reason is simple - Myrmidia. The Tilean goddess Myrmidia is (besides Sigmar) the most worshipped god/godess in Averland, thanks to the close connection to Tilea. Tilean trade is important for Averland and shown in the military; the military makes heavy use of the Tilean weapons of choice: pike and crossbow. Well, atleast the most of the Averländer soldiers. The exception is spelled Mountainguard. The Mountainguard is an elite force established to keep the Black Fire pass safe, making use of halflings, dwarfs and other special corps. The weapons of choice of the Mountainguard is halberd and handgun, though every soldier in the Mountainguard is armed with a vide variety from spears, swords and crossbows, but every soldier is recognized as a Mountainguard and treated with an equal amount of respect. The Black Fire pass is an common invasion route into the Empire, used by Gorbad Ironclaw in 1707 IC and Grom the Paunch of the Misty Mountains in 2410 IC. And it was thanks to this pass Vorgaz Ironjaw could enter the Empire. Vorgaz Ironjaw was an orc warlord who threathened the peace and safety of Averland. The Elector (Mad) Count Marius Leitdorf gathered his army and sent after his halfling scouts to find out how big of a threat Vorgaz Waaagh! was. The scouts all answered with the same words: Vorgaz army was too big for the Averland army to handle. Leitdorf then swallowed his pride and asked Emperor Karl Franz for some help. Expecting only some state troops, you should have seen the face of the mad count when Karl Franz himself showed up, clad from top to toe in dwarf-forged armour, riding Deathclaw and wielding Ghal Maraz. And ofcourse with his grand army of Altdorf. The battle took place in the Black Fire pass, and in the heat of the battle, Marius Leitdorf found himself in combat with Vorgaz Ironjaw. Even though Marius was a supreme warrior, he couldn't match the hatred and strength of Ironjaw, and the greenskin slayed the mad count. Wounded after his though battle with Leitdorf, Vorgaz was no match for the Emperor who hammered his head in, wich is another notable victory for Franz. But after this, Averland was left without an elector...
The Empire does not take you seriously until you've sacked Nuln

Offline mad albrecht

• Members
« Reply #158 on: August 10, 2014, 07:03:55 PM »
hey all Mad Albrecht, im new to empire but not to the hobby, thought id throw in my 2 cents . my army is the lost province of drakwald.
ps empire are actually really good

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
    • www.facebook.com/rtedders
« Reply #159 on: October 16, 2014, 05:57:16 PM »
My Empire army, when I finally finish painting everything I have, will be from a multitude of States/provinces. I currently have some Talabheim handgunners, Stirland spearmen, Middenland spearmen, Middenland hero(Captain/General), Wissenland artillery crews, Stirland swordsmen, Talabheim free company. You get the idea, they're a complete hodge-podge! And they always will be!! :-P

Offline Gunman006

• Members
« Reply #160 on: October 17, 2014, 12:10:50 PM »
Interesting to read about all the choices and fluff, gotta love the fluff. Cool to see that Empire players are so diverse with the provinces, most have 5% with just a few around 9%. I went Hochland, I started basing the army on La Valette in the Witcher 2 game because I loved the color scheme of green and orange. But having an army based on the combination of Withcer 2 lore and self made "border princes" fluff got old quick and since they use green and red with the occational orange I changed to Hochland and I'm building my army around the fluff which is more rewarding imo (not the most creative player).

I have bought a multitude of badly needed Handgunners with Hochland rifle to complement my army and work with the fluff, got some archers as well since Hochland is not a very rich and a forested area. Will make the archers into their own "Jaegerkorps" (How cool is that name, same as the Norwegian special forces!) with special banner based on the fluff, cant wait for that. My state troopers are mostly spearmen due to the fluff, but I often pussy out and make'em halberds ingame.

I bought a Bretonnian knights pack in order to make some inner circle knights and use Kurt helborg as Preceptor, don't know if I can use them in tournaments but I mostly play with friends in any case and I will make them the Knights of the Broken Sword since they have their chapter house in Hochland. Thinking of giving them a dedicated mounted WP as well. Planning to maybe buy Marius Leitdorf as Elector Count  Aldebrand Ludenhof, but I also have a unopened general on griffon. Wish I could take a vacation and spend it painting up my models.  :icon_biggrin:
http://wargaming.no/

Government? You call this a government? It looks like something a deranged Snotling would come up with! - Bretonnian Ambassador to the Court of Emperor Karl Franz

Offline Brontes

• Members
« Reply #161 on: October 17, 2014, 12:16:41 PM »
Talabheim! Like the colors and the fluff around the city.

Offline Edelwulf

• Members
« Reply #162 on: October 25, 2014, 09:48:30 AM »
I am building a Nordland mercenary force hanging around the vicinity of Marienburg (that is where the money is). For political reasons they front themselves as sigmarites, which is seen as an insult to other Nordland forces. As Ulric is the main deity of Nordland still, and these mercenaries dare bearing the nordland colours and pay hommage to Sigmar!

Hammers, axes and blackpowder. Where are your gods?!

Offline WarhammerDigital

• Members
  • There is nothing better that a man can do than lay
« Reply #163 on: November 12, 2020, 12:16:58 PM »
As part of the "Welcome to the Empire" Forum we (and with a lot of convincing argument from Fafnir) thought it would be a useful to have a guide to the popularity of the various Provinces.

This is intended as an opportunity for members to 'join in' in their threads of choice, exchanging information/ideas/tips about their favourites.
As always the definitive guide remains "A is for Altdorf" in the library:

http://www.warhammer-empire.com/library/guide/guide_index.php

Existing members can indicate their allegiances and guests or new members could see the favourites and the 'not so well' supported - this may well help in choosing which army you wish to build.

You will also noticed that each Province and each City State also has its own dedicated thread which contains more information and helpful links, and over time will, we hope, grow with members' contributions of such thing as as modelling and painting tips, links to their armies in our Gallery.

I have shown some links to maps I found and our thanks are due to Andreas Blicher (aka Black Spectrum),
 and Alfred Nuņez Jr. (aka Mad Alfred).
Andreas' site is here: http://www.andreas.blicher.info/

There is another site that you may find useful where Dave Graffam has taken the maps produced by Andreas and Alfred and added colour. His site here:
http://www.windsofchaos.com/?page_id=24
shows the whole set.

and it looks like he is always adding new stuff - you can never have too much fluff eh?

Please note: You are allowed TWO votes in this poll as we know a lot of members actually have more than one ( some even more) different Empire army.
You may want to exercise caution here - viewing all the wealth of good stuff on this site may cause a rethink, and rushing to vote and then changing your mind after reading some of the other information could be a rash decision.
That is why we have been so kind and given you two votes - for the 'other' army you may build later. :engel:

We have also included Kislev, because it has always been an intrinsic part of Empire fluff and because I am biased. :icon_wink:

There is also an 'Others' vote option with a matching thread 'Independent Armies' thread for all those of you who do not have an allegiance to a particular city or province.
Cult of Ulric, Marienburg, Sigmarites would come under this banner - well probably not the same banner, certainly not an Ulric one for a Sigmarite army, but hey you know what I mean ...............  :engel:

Reasons:
a) They are still important parts of The Empire world.
b) A legal Empire army can be run with just a Kislev or Marienburg theme. (Especially by the Emperor and a certain Mod :icon_wink:)
c) We still hope GW will eventually do something with the potential.

Hey Midaski,

What provinces would you recommend for a beginner?
There is nothing better that a man can do than lay

Battlefleet Gothic Rulebook, pg. 9

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #164 on: November 12, 2020, 04:04:28 PM »
@WarhammerDigital,

Any Empire province can wield any army you like. In that sense, the provinces offer you mostly painting opportunities. However, there have been plenty of official and unofficial hints at what unit choices might be more common in which provinces. Do you want hints for assembling your army, or painting it?

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.