home

Author Topic: Dogs of War.... 2.0  (Read 30549 times)

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
Re: Dogs of War.... 2.0
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2009, 07:29:52 PM »
I think you guys are over complicating this list WAY too much.

DoW don't need a COMPLETE overall of all their units. Pistol Pete.. Please please please please please please please please please pleasssseeee get rid of those Zweihanders (really getting on my wick - sorry). Just stick with Duellists - they're (in my view) the best skirmishers in the game. Maybe give them some extra gear.

Paymasters are - in my view not as bad as you all make out. With some decent magic items they'll be more survivable. I do agree with giving them the ability to make every unit they're with the Stubborn ability.

For the rest of the units, just modernise them along with what GW have done with the rest of the Armies. By this I mean drop the points limit on them all - as most core units in the game have gotten cheaper.

Just remember this is a basically a Human army, and some of you are extremely close to making it an Empire one. Its not that far a leap to making a DoW list an Empire one.
I for one welcome our new flying cat overlords.

Offline jturner

• Members
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2009, 11:04:15 PM »
Why does DoW have to be essentially a 'human' army.....It probably should be essentially an 'Ogre' army, since that's basically their gig (more money means more food....)
   The idea of being able to use about any race is exciting. It makes me want to buy a box of corsairs even though I don't play (or ever want to) dark elves. It makes me want to buy some dwarves, some ogres....it makes me giddy dammit! and having any one of them able to be a paymaster is cool. Dwarf paymaster, ogre, Dark elf....hobbit!!! yes hobbit! Hobbit paymaster for an ogre mercenary force. And then the core choices reflect the paymaster. Re-write the book or make it compatible (as was written above), whatever. But DoW is cool and should continue to be.

The only cool things to come out of the Storm of Chaos was the way the DoW whipped so much chaos beard and they  NEVER took that first city! :eusa_clap: THAT is when I WANTED to have a DoW army.

The other cool things were those doomseeker models and cult of ulric.
Quote from: Mathi Alfblut on April 07, 2010, 12:47:56 PM

But the booty was staggering

Offline Pistol Pete

• Members
  • Pistolicious!
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2009, 06:11:43 PM »
Sorry I haven't been around in awhile, but I've had a pretty chaotic month.  Unfortunately, I'm going to have to put this little project on the back burner for awhile.  I've got some health issues that need to be dealt with (my kidneys are loosing scary amounts of protein) and my job situation, which has been bad for awhile, is apt to get even worse soon.  It'll sort itself out, but the next few months are likely to be *very* rocky for me.

After the summer's over things should smooth out somewhat.  My health issues should be under control, and the job situation should be vastly improved.  Also, I'll likely be coming back home to California soon which means I'll have access to all of my warhammer stuff.  I won't make the mistake of moving across the country without my models again.   :eusa_wall:

I may poke my nose back in here periodically, but I won't be doing updates for awhile.  However, don't let that stop you from posting if you feel like it.   :icon_mrgreen:
Desperately seeking Chaos Warrior heads & Skull banner tops from new empire missle troops sprue.  Will trade for bitz, barter, or $$$.  PM or email me to discuss details.

Offline Acadian

• Members
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2009, 05:04:10 PM »
I wish you all the best Pete.
We will always be here.
Even the ones you might not like :D
Regards
Acadian.

Offline Pistol Pete

• Members
  • Pistolicious!
« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2009, 02:44:16 PM »
Wow... I didn't expect this topic to reposted here in the 8th edition forum, but what the heck...

So... going back over the thread, one of the things I've noticed that's gotten the most squealing from the masses is the zweihanders.  Now, I never intended for that to be their name, I simply intended that as a placeholder name until something more Italian sounding could be found.

So...  They are now officially "Veteranos", veteran mercenaries with the cash for the good weapons and armor.  They still serve as the hammer to the pikemen's anvil, but now you can give them the great weapon of your choice. 

You're welcome.   :closed-eyes:
Desperately seeking Chaos Warrior heads & Skull banner tops from new empire missle troops sprue.  Will trade for bitz, barter, or $$$.  PM or email me to discuss details.

Offline vonhazey

• Members
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2009, 01:08:10 AM »
I've havn't got the new edition yet (on my xmas list) so what happened to the dogs of war, can you still use them in your army and I have noticed that only the halflings are on the games-workshop site or have I missed them?

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2009, 01:26:22 AM »
A good portion of the others are there too. I believe they are in 'collectors'.

Also, Welcome to the forum!

Just be careful though, this thread I believe is over 3 months old - generally we let some of the older threads stay down the list. If you have a quick look through the forum rules on the Introductions board, it should help you out with that.

But don't let that deter you - welcome!
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Gedeon Mootinberg

• Members
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2012, 08:06:42 AM »
With the new Rule book and Army book, is still possible to take mercenaries? As the giant? I know that now Ogres are no more able to be recruted...

Offline Freman Bloodglaive

• Members
« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2012, 03:40:09 AM »
The instructions for using Mercenaries are in the rules for mercenaries, including which units count as special choices in an Empire army.

They don't need to be mentioned in the 8th edition book any more than they did in the 7th edition book.

Of course with the changes to Ogre Kingdoms the DoW are limited to DoW Ogres who are basic bulls who don't get heavy armour, ironfists, or bull charge.

They do have the halfling hot pot though. Think a mortar with a small strength 3(6) template which ignores armour saves. It's half the price of a mortar too.
"Reason is a thing of God, inasmuch as there is nothing which God the Maker of all has not provided, disposed, ordained by reason - nothing which He has not willed should be handled and understood by reason" Quintus Tertullian