home

Author Topic: Zak's Middenhiem/Talabhiem/Dwarf/ Kesliv and stuff plog:Templars of Ulric  (Read 145647 times)

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
Re: My Middenland/Talabcland Army Blog: MarkIII,,,(Heavy Pic)
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2010, 12:19:32 PM »
some more pictures i up loaded today ...........Im so glad i was able to figure out my cameraq and the proper light settings to get a good enough shot  :blush:

I would like to gather an entire unit of sisters (25) and count them as  flaggelints
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 05:56:37 PM by zak »
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2010, 02:49:00 PM »
I'm also adding the miniatures i paint for local gamers so i can have a portfolio of sorts to show off my work to those who are concedering hiring me ...as always your comments are appreciated :smile2:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2010, 10:08:39 PM »
Lord Luke was a third son of a minor noble, right before the great storm of chaos.....Their lands ravaged and utterly destroyed Young Luke gathered what was left of his manor guard and went hunting the unfortunate chaos stragglers...soon a reputation of his gorilla tacktics became known to Count Todbringer and was commissioned title of Captain of the 7th Halberds. Luke not having much like of uniforms wares minimal but his discipline is second to none........................ ....SO yeah just finished this unit today , well modified it from past figs. Kit Bashed it with newer plastic parts  ...what do you think? comments are always appriciated   :::cheers:::
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 01:11:26 PM by zak »
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2010, 02:07:29 PM »
OK today I'm working on my new BSB for The Talabheim troops using mostly the Great sword parts with the older Plastic soldiers Command legs
.. so any suggestions  :smile2:

Ok adding to this slide to show the progression of painting this BSB ,,finished it  :::cheers:::
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 08:42:16 PM by zak »
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Silver Wolf

• Members
  • I see lead people.
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2010, 03:11:53 PM »
Very nice ... Those legs are one of my favourite pieces and I can't seem to find them anywhere...

I don't have any big suggestions...
I'd only give him some kind of sword in scabbard or a dagger.
"Watch the skies, traveler."
Check out my wargaming blog - The Forge of War

Offline Wendersnaven

• Members
  • Kung Fu Dice
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2010, 08:13:40 AM »
That is all so wonderful it inspires me to paint more.  How many years have you been working on those? I just finished my General- helborg model- and adding it all up it took 14 hours of my life! Once I thought it was done, the friggen sword broke off and wouldn't re-glue.  ::heretic:: Then I had to drill a hole in his hand and stick a nasty looking morning star in there and the base broke off in the process.  So to me, your army looks like a lifetime of work.

My favorite by far are the Wizard and Captain on Pegasi.  The lance striping is awesome.  If you still have your old Battlemasters game you should pull the tower out of it for 8th editions magic item tower.  I ruined half of mine as a kid and ordered a complete one on E-Bay and combined them for the goodies.  Keep looking for the Teutogen, they are out there, I have a group of 20 with full command by using Ar-Ulric as the champ then converting the command blister guys a few times.
Dear Friend of Stirland,

Your shoes have been put on backorder. We appreciate your custom.

Hope we are finding you shod,
Stirland

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2010, 10:56:39 AM »
There is some great stuff in here. I really like those older dwarfs, now some shields on them would be nice  :-)

The top of that BSB is a little strange :ph34r:
Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2010, 01:45:25 PM »
Hey thanks for the positive feed back...yes I'm still going to one day have a unit of Teutogen guard, but for now its all good. I had the Tower from the old battle masters but it went the way of the Do Do a while ago. ( would love to get another) I have been collecting and painting since 1993-94 ...OH man if i could write all the heart break times when a figure just broke or was lost/stolen it would be a large book ...lol ...i also took your suggestion ...(silver wolf) and added a sword on the BSB :::cheers:::
these units are now finished  :smile2:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline General Tomerix Rotenkopf

• Members
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2010, 10:21:37 PM »
Very nice army! The diversity is really charming. My favourites are the flagellants they look wonderfully mad.  :mrgreen:
Hobbits are stupid, Talabecs are thieves and Averlanders reek of horse shit.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2010, 05:01:18 PM »
Thanks again for the positive feedback to you all!!!

So I'm sitting here looking at the old units i painted over 10+ years ago and I'm thinking about repainting them and updating them some..inspired by my wife insistence to update and remodel our kitchen, which we did!! painting models and painting walls are very different.  ANYWAY I'm starting on the old 6th edition plastic swords (Middenland)  :unsure:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Sand

• Members
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2010, 05:26:37 PM »
Wow! Great stuff. I think the banners are especially impressive, but really, it's all good  :smile2:

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2010, 09:08:26 PM »
hey thanks....................

OK i finished re-painting this unit, updating the swords and some of the more horrible looking heads, i also had to place ol'monkey head for nostalgia i guess.... anyway what do you think  :::cheers:::

This old swordmen unit......

The newer updated one............................OK  :smile2:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Kirgan

• Members
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2010, 11:09:01 PM »
I like it but do you use citadel wash set  :unsure:
Commission Painting-PM  :)

Offline DariusZero

• Members
  • I'm a non native speaker from Mars and I bite.
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2010, 07:47:03 AM »
Very nice looking units, I appreciate, the effort you put in creating interesting unit champions, who add a certain interesting accent. Also like the banners, especially the blue towergate. I might copy that for my army, which is also mainly Middenheim/Talabheim...
..on the side note: I noticed how all the faces have a slight yellowish hue to them. Is it because of the lighting or you painted them that way?
Good work thou!!
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."
MyEmpireBlog: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33477.0

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2010, 01:05:04 PM »
Thanks for the feedback gentlemen!!

Not sure why the skin tone is yellowish ..does not look like that on the model, guess its the photo.

here is were i get those banners from ....do not know who original posted it but who ever you are..your my hero!!
http://www.krigsspil.dk/download/download_2.html

Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2010, 01:24:41 PM »
Well now that the BSB is finished....((here he is in  his unit)) ........ I need to work on finishing the GS and also the swordmen (Talabcland)  :eusa_wall:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2010, 09:39:07 PM »
Added a new Swords Sargent or hero or what ever  :icon_rolleyes:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Burgermeiser

• Members
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2010, 10:06:58 PM »
Neato! Can we see more soon? Oh and those spears look wierd btw

I remember the old units... I like the older state troops better 'cause they look more uniform. And I like the big hoplite shields better too! :::cheers:::
Very nice army. @zak, like the avatar too man! Good to know there's a fellow American on here. 8-)
"To reign in Averland, you must be as mad as an Elector. Which, fortunately, I am!"-Marius Leitdorf (Viscilitudes of Count Averland, Chapter VII, Paragraph XIV)

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2010, 01:15:26 AM »
Not only am i an American but live in the great state of Arkansas  :icon_wink:................ thanks to everyone for your positive comments so fare
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Auberoun

• Members
  • Moguling the crap out of life.
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2010, 02:19:25 AM »
Neato! Can we see more soon? Oh and those spears look wierd btw

I remember the old units... I like the older state troops better 'cause they look more uniform. And I like the big hoplite shields better too! :::cheers:::
Very nice army. @zak, like the avatar too man! Good to know there's a fellow American on here. 8-)

There's quite a few Americans on here.  I am one of them, even if I have British habits...(tea everyday, Dr. Who)
The world you believe is reality is a puppet show!

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2010, 05:18:53 AM »
Seriously one of the best parts of this sight is the diversity of folks all talking about warhammer..especially the Empire  :::cheers:::
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2010, 02:13:30 PM »
Did not like the way the sword arm looked on this guy so i replaced it with a knights arm..................what do you think  :::cheers:::
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Silver Wolf

• Members
  • I see lead people.
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2010, 02:30:13 PM »
He looks even better now...
"Watch the skies, traveler."
Check out my wargaming blog - The Forge of War

Offline Wendersnaven

• Members
  • Kung Fu Dice
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2010, 08:21:32 PM »
It's great for the champ.  I use them on some of my foot and a lucky detachment keeps getting upgrades.

As a visual effect I used the sword can be raised so it's pointing at the enemy and it appears that the champion is staring "down the barrel" if you will.  Looks great and in my experience it hasn't gotten in the way of units forming for combat.

It looks like you gave him the full plate shield arm too.  Good for conformity critics.

I have yet to post my pics but I used the same head as my unit champ in my spears and no matter how i painted it it looked horrible.  Finally I changed the unit to something .... awesome but silly.  You made the head look cool. GJ!
Dear Friend of Stirland,

Your shoes have been put on backorder. We appreciate your custom.

Hope we are finding you shod,
Stirland

Offline red bull

• Members
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2010, 11:26:08 AM »
You paint fast!

Realy, fast!
No matter how good a general you are; if the dice are against you, you will not win.

My new stories http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=36076.0
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=36981.0