home

Author Topic: Steg's "The Borealis" warrior chamber of the "Knights of the Aurora" Stormhost  (Read 23519 times)

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
    • View Profile
    • My wargaming blog
Nice, but I still wish you were beautifully painting models I actually like  :-P

Keep an eye out on my Empire / Free People thread, very soon!
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Artobans Ghost

• View Profile
Nice, but I still wish you were beautifully painting models I actually like  :-P

Keep an eye out on my Empire / Free People thread, very soon!

Waiting patiently for this particular eye candy 👀
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!

• View Profile
    • My wargaming blog
A small update on what is coming for a slow growth league where we start an army (or continue an existing army), where we start with about 500 points.

The Liberator with Grandhammer will join (replace one normal loadout Liberator) my 1st squad of Liberator (build from the starterset with all hammer/shield) and a Lord-Celestant to complete a Start Collecting set (with a full group of 5 Retributors instead of an underpowered group of 2)

More on my blog about this.

https://wargamingbysks.wordpress.com/2018/02/05/a-cadre-fireblade-and-whats-up-next/

So keep an eye out on this space for more!

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

• View Profile
    • My wargaming blog

Offline Artobans Ghost

• View Profile
Incredible! Simply incredible work Steg. I really like the pose on the grandhammer. Looks like nothing is coming thru this without a lot of hurt 😸 lord C looks as though heís crafted from metal.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!

• View Profile
    • My wargaming blog
Thanks Artoban!

Well I got 2 more models ready to show off!  :biggriin:

As always more on my blog on my progress (no finshed T'au models this time)
https://wargamingbysks.wordpress.com/2018/03/05/stormcast-heros/#more-2850

A Knight-Vexillor.. he was almost finished earlier (battleready), but now he is totally done

And for something new.. and something I really loved doing (and quick to boot)
The new Lord-Ordinator

Offline Artobans Ghost

• View Profile
Ever consider working for Ďeavy metal? These guys are flawless. Your right, the Ordinator is a great model. I hadnít heard of him before. Your colours are awesome and that face.  😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
    • View Profile
Awesome stuff! I just love the colors as well. Your definitely the inspiration behind my own stormcast using green as a main color instead of the usual metallics.

• View Profile
    • My wargaming blog
Ever consider working for Ďeavy metal? These guys are flawless. Your right, the Ordinator is a great model. I hadnít heard of him before. Your colours are awesome and that face.  😺

Thanks for the compliment but I'm nowhere near 'eavy metal material, maybe the army painters of GW that produce the bulk stuff for the scenery's. But I would go bonkers painting that volume :)
The Ordinator is one of the 4 harbingers that came out for Malign Portents. And yes, pretty happy the face worked out in 1 go :)

Awesome stuff! I just love the colors as well. Your definitely the inspiration behind my own stormcast using green as a main color instead of the usual metallics.

Still the silverish metal as a main color though, but I do try to break it up more with the host color where I can. And being an inspiration is always a great compliment, thanks!

• View Profile
    • My wargaming blog
Second unit of Liberators (the silver belt buckles) now have their own Grandhammer wielding Liberator!

And the third unit of Liberators (the copper/brass belt buckles) are also done!
Prime with the Grandhammer and 2 normal Liberators finished and 2 normal Liberators with the adjusted belt buckle color (as they came from the gold and silver units, being replaced by the Grandhammers)

more on my progress in my blogpost
https://wargamingbysks.wordpress.com/2018/04/16/liberators-done-onwards-to-tau-and-the-eurobash/#more-2877

Offline Artobans Ghost

• View Profile
Everyone a peice of art. Some donít like the stormcast but I have to say I love em. This will eventually be the type of full fledged AoS army  I will put together. They will also have the vanguard. Of course if Steg wants to paint it, I will step aside 😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017

Offline GamesPoet

• Merry Christmas! : )
    • View Profile
I'm still not a fan of the stormcrud figures, but ... I'm still a fan of Steg's painting of them, excellent. :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
    • View Profile
Those look awesome! I love the green on the shoulder pads. My stormcast use a similar green as their primary color.

• View Profile
    • My wargaming blog
Everyone a peice of art. Some donít like the stormcast but I have to say I love em. This will eventually be the type of full fledged AoS army  I will put together. They will also have the vanguard. Of course if Steg wants to paint it, I will step aside 😺

I will get some vanguard eventually, but I won't paint yours Arto  :biggriin: got way to many stuff still to do on the shelves

I'm still not a fan of the stormcrud figures, but ... I'm still a fan of Steg's painting of them, excellent. :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

Thank you!

Those look awesome! I love the green on the shoulder pads. My stormcast use a similar green as their primary color.

Yeah I'm really fond of how the green, silver and gold interact with eachother together with the splashes of red. What green do you use?

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
    • View Profile
I believe it's called Warpstone Glow, one of the GW paints. Its what they usually use on Salamander's. I started using it on my guys after my brother stopped painting his salamanders and I liked how the darker green looked.

• View Profile
    • My wargaming blog
I believe it's called Warpstone Glow, one of the GW paints. Its what they usually use on Salamander's. I started using it on my guys after my brother stopped painting his salamanders and I liked how the darker green looked.

Warpstone Glow is pretty bright, I use it as the higlight color on my Caliban Green base

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
    • View Profile
Pardon the terrible picture, but this is the coloring on how my guys are looking. This picture is a bit old, so I still plan and did some more highlights and details, but it should give you the jist.

Offline Rowsdower

• Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
    • View Profile
Good job :eusa_clap:

• View Profile
    • My wargaming blog
Pardon the terrible picture, but this is the coloring on how my guys are looking. This picture is a bit old, so I still plan and did some more highlights and details, but it should give you the jist.

Ah I see! Combining green with blue there!
I would suggest to limit the amount of colors though as it gets a feeling of beeing to busy for the eyes

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
    • View Profile
I fully agree. Moving on I'll probably skip the gold and make those parts bronze as well. I love how smooth the silver of your guys armor looks. I wanted to avoid metallic colors on my guys, just to do something different, but it looks great.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
I didnít say so the other day, but I have been watching your thread for a while and enjoying your work. Shame I didnít stick around longer to see them in person!
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

• View Profile
    • My wargaming blog
I didnít say so the other day, but I have been watching your thread for a while and enjoying your work. Shame I didnít stick around longer to see them in person!

Should of said so then I could just open a box and show you! So close and yet so far away (now)  :happy:

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
I know! But thats ok. Meeting you in person was more valuable, and beating you in munchkin! :evil:
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

• View Profile
    • My wargaming blog
I know! But thats ok. Meeting you in person was more valuable, and beating you in munchkin! :evil:

Same for me! Though I did miss you walking around in 'thongs'  :Ohmy:

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
Ha! I didnít pack any. First OS trip I havenít. Which is fine, despite it being a lovely day in Amsterdam (and Kukenhof) today, I wouldnít have worn them yet.