home

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 176657 times)

Offline Jaeckel

• View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1650 on: February 28, 2018, 06:53:00 AM »
Hi there,
My name is Jaeckel, I've been working on an Empire army for a couple of years. I intend to post pictures, seek advice and possibly a few models missing :)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: February 28, 2018, 11:46:36 AM »
Welcome! Youíve come to the right place. Enjoy!
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!

Offline Xathrodox86

• He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
    • View Profile
    • It always rains in Nuln
« Reply #1652 on: March 01, 2018, 10:13:28 AM »
The place sure is right. Welcome Jaeckel. :smile2:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Pisistratus

• View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: March 07, 2018, 03:59:50 PM »
Oh, man, I'm not exactly new here but I haven't visited for several years...

So what's new? How's Warhammer-Empire holding up? Are people still playing 8th edition, or have they rather moved on to AoS and/or T9A? Is this place as busy as I remember it? Where's my ale?  :smile2:

I myself in the meantime have acquires small Dwarf, High Elf and Ogre forces to accompany my Empire army which also grows occasionally since sometimes when I see old models up for sale I can't help myself.  :blush: I also started dabbling in game called Malifaux, an interesting change both in style and format.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 04:13:10 PM by Pisistratus »

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Europe, Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: March 07, 2018, 06:45:02 PM »
It's quieter for sure, and many old faces have vanished or aren't seen that often anymore. But there's a small but steady flow of new faces & their great Empire stuff. The Brush & Palette is still going strong, and is the busiest part of the forum these days (dunno about the back table). All kinds of projects & eye candy still there.

All the systems you mentioned are being played, plus several more, but there's very little of that old gamer talk in the tactics section these days, and extremely few army lists and game reports. I guess all that moved over to the appropriate game forums. W-E became more about the minis & the atmosphere of Empire & related stuff.

Welcome back. Maybe show some of your new acquired minis? Have you painted them?  :-)

-Z
Simulation over gaming. Because fantasy matters.

Offline Pisistratus

• View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: March 08, 2018, 01:34:12 PM »
Thanks! The Dwarfs and Ogres are done I'm about halfway through the Elf contingent. :) I'll try to post some pics in the Brush&Palette on the weekend.  :smile2:

Offline Ayielin

• View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: April 16, 2018, 12:54:42 PM »
Hi there my fellow Empire players!

I'm pretty new to playing Empire, I started playing around halfway through last year with my mates and just fell in love with the system and the army. I'm coming over from 40k where I used to play Imperial Guard / Tempestus. My friends and I weren't a fan of the new 40k edition so we've all made the switch to WHFB 8th edition.

I've got a moderately sized Empire collection, mainly second-hand stuff, and I'm trying to improve my skills in the game. I'm always looking for advice and feedback on how to get better and win more battles, this forum looks like an excellent resource and I look forward to learning new stuff!

Nice to meet you all :)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: April 16, 2018, 02:00:55 PM »
You have made the right choice, good sir. Every type of advice can be found here 😺
Welcome.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: April 16, 2018, 03:15:31 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• intres cum fixura sine misericordia
    • View Profile
    • Mattiknifes blog
« Reply #1659 on: April 16, 2018, 04:46:21 PM »
We can advice on many things! Now just remember to pay the tithe to the Church of Sigmar and it will be fine
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline nagash

• https://www.facebook.com/modelbrush/
    • View Profile
    • Modelbrush
« Reply #1660 on: April 23, 2018, 02:13:32 PM »
Hi,

I've just begun a new Freeguild army (at the moment only 1000 points, but soon it will grow up with new reinforcements).

In AoS I play with Spiderfang Grtos (Spiders everywhere!).

Cheers

Offline Artobans Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: April 23, 2018, 02:22:05 PM »
Welcome!!
#1- an empire army with nagash as avatar. I feel your interests may be nefarious 😸
#2 - want to hear all about spiderfang grots. - all. There canít be too many spiders despite my whining to Warlord about his household hunters.
#3 - you have arrived at the right place 😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017

Offline nagash

• https://www.facebook.com/modelbrush/
    • View Profile
    • Modelbrush
« Reply #1662 on: April 23, 2018, 02:25:45 PM »
Thanks!!

You can check my little spiders at http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=52581.0

I love them in the game... many attacks and combining spells and hero habilities....

Offline Xathrodox86

• He Who Fights Monsters
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: April 25, 2018, 01:34:38 PM »
Welcome to the club and enjoy your stay! Nice to have a gobbo enthusiast on the site. This is a great place for everyone, who likes tabletop and little, plastic men... and spiders. :smile2:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Offline Drachenreiter

• View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: April 28, 2018, 01:32:15 AM »
My real name is Dan Peterson and I am based at Fort Campbell, KY, though I have lived in Germany for over 20 years, (first stationed there with the U.S. Army, and later operating two military museums there).  My deep interest in Medieval and Renaissance European Warfare while I was there drew me to Warhammer Empire miniatures, and when I started, they were the only plastic ones which allowed for easier conversions.  Though I have hundreds of Warhammer miniatures, I never had a chance to actually play a real game with them as nobody in this area is interested in it, though there are a number of younger soldiers on the base who play 40K.  When I can finish building two functional armies of two opposing factions, I will bring them to a local store with gaming tables, and see if there is interest.  My second favorite faction are the Lizardmen, and especially their Mesoamerican theme, and like the parallel of the Spanish Conquistadors in the New World with the Empire and the Lizards with of similar period and technologies.  I also keep live reptiles and have always liked dinosaurs so the Lizardmen were an obvious choice.

I may not even be able to use my figures in an 'official' Warhammer game, as I have so many conversions, though virtually every one has some GW parts.  Essentially what I am doing is converting all of the figures to 40mm scale, because the Warhammer figures have unrealistic, dwarf-like proportions despite their beautiful sculpting and detail.  I have many 40mm Medieval and Landsknecht  Elastolin figures from Germany that I modify with Games Workshop heads, weapons, torsos, etc. to make many unique figures, because the GW heads are actually the correct size for 40mm figures.  I even make the GW horses larger, giving them longer necks, bodies and legs, to look compatible with Elastolin horses.  If there is interest, I can post some images in the gallery, as the modified figures really look a lot more realistic, at least to me.  If I never get a chance to play, I will continue to build and paint the figures, and use them in dioramas that help support my 15th and 16th century Living History displays (minus the fantasy elements).  I do historical reenactments of this period and many others, and some of you may know my little book that was published in Great Britain about Roman Army reenactment and experimental archeology.   I can't take it all too seriously though, as you can see with the 30 foot long walking dragon prop in my Avatar photo, wearing elements of authentic replica steel German Gothic Armor very similar to that on Games Workshop Empire heavy cavalry.  I also built a 25 foot walking Dewback lizard from Star Wars!  If anyone is interested you can see many of my creations and historical impressions on my Facebook page.  I am the Daniel Peterson there with the avatar picture of a bearded Spanish Conquistador in full armor.  One of the things I was hoping to see on these forums was a place to trade or buy various Empire bits but didn't see a category for that.  Is this allowed here, or can anyone recommend another forum? 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 01:42:45 AM by Drachenreiter »

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Europe, Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: April 28, 2018, 07:05:02 AM »
Wow, that's some keen attention to making exactly the figures you want in your collection! I'd be very interested to see photos of your collection & conversions.

In case GW/Warhammer/AoS aren't big things in your area, you could look into alternative fantasy battle games. Kings of War (KoW) is quite good, and allows you to use your figures both in fantasy and in Renaissance lists. From what I've heard, the game had a high in the States a couple of years ago, and there should be many who know the rules. KoW plays faster than Warhammer, but not necessarily easier, although there is a lot less micro management in army building and game play.

If you can't arrange a game at your local shop, there are half a dozen forums and a dozen facebook groups that could be of help. Much of Warhammer Fantasy is nowadays played in private clubs. The guys on this forum who actually live in the States should be able to guide you, even if they don't live in your area.

Welcome!

-Z

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: April 28, 2018, 03:26:12 PM »
That does indeed sound like a pretty impressive project. Welcome to the forum!

I agree with Zygmund's points. Also, it might not be exactly what your looking for, but this is the buy/sell/trade section of the forum: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?board=19.0

Offline Marius60

• View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: April 30, 2018, 01:07:38 PM »
Hi all!!
My name's Ed, I live in the south of England. I've been into Warhammer for years and years, although more the painting and background, although I do play sometimes.
I have a Hochland army, about 3000 points and am about to start a Reikland army which I hope will be the beginning of a Third Battle of Black Fire Pass force.
I may put up some pictures if people look at that on here.
I hope everyone's well!!

Ed :)

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Europe, Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: April 30, 2018, 04:51:33 PM »
Hello Ed, and welcome!  :-)

I may put up some pictures if people look at that on here.

Yes, please. Hochland is nice, strong colour combo. How do you plan to paint your Reikland? Older red & blue, or the newer white, or something of your own design?

-Z

Offline Artobans Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: April 30, 2018, 05:05:29 PM »
Welcome Ed! That 3rd Black Fire pass idea sounds great! Definitely pics are gobbled up here. Look forward to your contributions.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017

Offline Xathrodox86

• He Who Fights Monsters
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: May 04, 2018, 12:14:23 PM »
Welcome, all of you. So nice to see lots of new faces here. Hope you'll enjoy your stay. :happy:

Gneisenau