home

Author Topic: We need to be smarter  (Read 2075 times)

Offline wojammer

• Members
We need to be smarter
« on: August 21, 2005, 04:12:20 PM »
We have fought off 2 invading armies with the help of some pretty nice modifiers.We have to be smarter now that our position has inproved.

Offline TheBuilder

• Members
We need to be smarter
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 04:24:42 PM »
HURRAH.  for the first time in this game we have had nothing but success pushing back both talabecland and middenland.  we can now choose to resume our attack on bechafen.  I also think that continuing our assault on the uneasy watchman could be a wise choice.  At the same time the middenlanders might have total focus there so leaving it lightly defended while attacking into rhyas sisters might be good.

Having moved forward puts us in a new position so lets get some quick discussion.  In the meantime try to spread the battles pretty evenly.  We have 4 days so a few hours of posting everywhere cant hurt.  Putting a few battles into udos fall and bechafen will surely coincide with our eventual plans anyway.
The long road back to Stirland...

Offline wojammer

• Members
We need to be smarter
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 12:48:58 AM »
For 2 turns our control rate has been higher than the riot rate in bechafen and we still don't control it.I don't understand.

Offline wojammer

• Members
We need to be smarter
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 01:09:43 AM »
We should defend udos fall and continue our assault on the watchman.Skirmish in bechafen only.

I think this would make our position stronger and keep bechafen out of our enemies hands.

Next round take it to the middenlanders.

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
We need to be smarter
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 01:35:19 AM »
@ wojammer:
To control any area you must maintain a majority in the location. Since all three factions are attacking it and the riot rates are taken into account for Bechafen, this is a hard thing to do!
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline TheBuilder

• Members
We need to be smarter
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 04:52:11 PM »
I have noticed we havent posted much at udos fall while there has been some activity from talabecland there.  It is critical that we dont have to spend another turn retaking udos fall so try to put some of the next few battles there (3-4) for the time being.

On another note it seems that we are following our past idea of now striking into middenland as we have posted quite a few at the uneasy watchman.  Therefore i think that rhyas sisters should be more or less ignored this turn.  Talabecland is focusing on the north so we can fortify udos fall while not provoking another full scale talabecland invasion.

So basically...Udos fall, uneasy watchman and bechafen.

Offline DanielHellion

• Members
We need to be smarter
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 04:58:20 PM »
I just whupped MoS again, and even MASSACRED Helblaster_Of_Sigmar!!! We are using REALLY cheesy lists, so we either win hard, or lose hard. Well, as cheesy as the campaign lists allow.
'Ello Poppet!

Offline PygmyHippo

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Washington, DC, U.S.A.
We need to be smarter
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 06:02:45 PM »
I agree with TheBuilder.  There have been alot of Talabecland posts to Udo's.  Maybe we should put 1/3 to 2/5 of our posts there, and the rest at Uneasy?  Whatever the command decides.  Personally I think we should just post 33% of our results at Uneasy, 33% at Udo's, and 33% at Bechafen (and of course 100% of our skirmishes at Bechafen).  

For my part, I plan on posting whatever battles I win at Udo's, and trying to skirmish as much as possible in Bechafen.  I probably won't get a chance to play another full battle until later this week or the next, so it might not be until round 6 or 7 that I can post, and even then it's highly possible that I might not even get a win or draw.  Lately I only seem to have a 40% chance of winning at all.

And a big reminder: if anyone has enough time to fit in a bunch of skirmish games over the next 3 nights, by all means do so.  We are limited in posting skirmishes only by the amount we win (not limited to one per day).  I'm going to try to get some friends together to play a whole bunch of skirmishes tonight or tomorrow.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
We need to be smarter
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2005, 07:06:26 PM »
The watchmen, Udo's Fall and Bechafen are our targets then.

I think that right now, attacking Bechafen should be our foremost priority. We've set this as our main goal in the last round, and I wouldn't think it would be wise to change our plan just yet. Bechafen is a nice strategical position, from which we can launch any attack we desire.
Middenland can't hurt us right now, but Talabecland can. We've only won at a very small margin at Udo's Fall, and Talabecland can take it back without much effort. Therefore, I'd set Udo's Fall as our second priority.
Finally, we can attempt to fully overthrow the Middenlanders at Udo's Fall. We've won there by a margin of 4000 points, and we're adding even more to that  :twisted: .
We shouldn't attack Talabecland just yet, so put no effort in taking Rhya's Sisters at all.
Take Bechafen convincingly, but don't let Udo's Fall slip from us. If Talabecland doesn't attack us there too much, then don't put much effort in it either. Once Udo's Fall is secure, we should focus a secondary attack on the Uneasy Watchmen.
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline TheBuilder

• Members
We need to be smarter
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2005, 08:48:15 PM »
Weve put alot of battles into the watchman recently so good work.  In addition bechafen might prove difficult to take and it will be necessary for us to continue the assault there.  Make sure that udos fall is well defended before we start to fully attack bechafen (exept for skirmishes of course).

Offline wojammer

• Members
We need to be smarter
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2005, 01:05:23 AM »
I agree