home

Author Topic: Pleasant Surprises Galleries  (Read 13976 times)

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
Pleasant Surprises Galleries
« on: March 14, 2013, 03:23:01 AM »
Until there are official galleries on the site, I've collected all the available images (a few have disappeared) from the previous Pleasant Surprises miniatures exchanges, hosted by warhammerlord_soth. I will continue to edit and update as best as I can. The first four years are collected and the most recent (V) will be added ASAP.

I have set them up on a Photobucket account. The links to each gallery are included below. I will set up slideshows once they have implemented that feature. If I find a better hosting option in the future, I will update the links here.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 03:22:51 AM by ZeroTwentythree »

Offline Delthos

• Members
  • Evil Polish Guy
Re: Pleasant Surprises Galleries
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 04:35:56 AM »
Good work. This is a great idea. I only hope the account you used doesn't run out of bandwidth, or did you set up an account for each surprise?
Ostermark Photo Gallery
Ostermark Painting Log
"Kill 'em all and let Morr sort 'em out!" (General Ghent, Battle of Dumsky's Fallow)

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 06:09:04 AM »
Thanks for the great work Zero  :eusa_clap:

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 01:01:30 PM »
Good work. This is a great idea. I only hope the account you used doesn't run out of bandwidth, or did you set up an account for each surprise?

All on the same one. If it hits the limit, I'll have to split them.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 04:30:35 PM »
It's a monthly limit, right? So, if it doesn't work too well, we just have to wait a week or so?

Hardly the end of the world.

You know what is the end of the world? Jesus Christ returning in glory. "Man, My dad is going to be so ticked off with you guys, you have no idea . . ."
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline MrAbyssal

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 10:42:59 PM »
There is much win in the thread.

:::cheers:::
There are three things each man judges another man by;

1. The size of his codpiece
2. The amount of skulls he carries
3. The length of his feather

Offline Delthos

• Members
  • Evil Polish Guy
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 04:31:14 AM »
Hey there 023, when are you going to get all the galleries updated? The fifth exchange is looking pretty sparse!
Ostermark Photo Gallery
Ostermark Painting Log
"Kill 'em all and let Morr sort 'em out!" (General Ghent, Battle of Dumsky's Fallow)

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 04:59:33 PM »
I second this motion. Why isn't my gift there so as to show people that, no matter their skill, I suck at painting more.
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 01:12:46 AM »
Would anyone object if I continued / replicated this project? I am thinking of a DeviantArt page, wherein these images could be stored.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 07:27:30 AM »
Gallery V is still incomplete.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2014, 03:41:09 AM »
Sorry, when I started this I was still waiting for all of the Pleasant Surprises V entries to be received before harvesting the images from the thread here and re-posting them in that gallery. IIRC there were a lot of unreceived surprises. So between that and real life getting in the way... :icon_redface:

It may take a few weeks or so, but I can try getting the two most recent years added. I can also switch the links in the OP to show the "slideshow view" instead of the raw Photobucket view, if enough people think that would look better...

Example: http://s1304.photobucket.com/user/PleasantSurprises/slideshow/Pleasant%20Surprises%204%20-%202011?sort=3

As far as anyone else taking over, I can turn it the project and even the Photobucket account over to someone else. I don't really have any "exclusive rights" to this anyway. I just thought it would be cool to have it all in one place, and it hadn't been done already. At the time I looked into various free options, and I passed on Deviant Art because their service has always been slow and/or unreliable for me. (I don't even bother clicking on most shared DA links/pages anymore.) But like I said, it's not like I own this project/materials.

Does anyone know what happened to the Warhammer Empire gallery project? Ideally it would really be great just to host them all here, as part of the site. I was really of hoping to switch it over to that at some point.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2014, 11:55:01 AM »
I wouldn't want the photobucket account - I dislike photobucket for a whole bunch of reasons (probably similar to the way you dislike DeviantArt). I just wondered if you were busy with other things, or some such, and thus it couldn't get finished easily.

I agree the gallery would be very cool - but perhaps something the admins can't really get on with with other things going on.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2020, 05:44:03 AM »
This thread should probably be deleted. Photobucket has screwed the galleries on several levels and I don't know how to recover from it. Sorry.