home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of 9th Edition!  (Read 34134 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of 9th Edition!
« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2020, 03:27:28 PM »
I like that idea!  Are these expected to be something in the main rule book or is that just being put out on the site as is?
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2020, 06:12:07 PM »
Not yet.

Do you have a 40K army, Zak?

Yeah I built a IG army … there is so much plastic fantasy orcs I was thinking about getting weapons of eBay and converting them to Space Orks lol
I have model overload for IG. I want to collect every army they have! I would love to have an Armageddon Steel Legion and relive the epic 2nd and 3rd Wars of Armageddon. Then again these Cadian models are fantastic with excellent armor to showcase shoulder badges. Having a Catachan Kill Team like the squad from Predator would be awesome. I want to start a Valhallan army because their lore is fun and who wouldn't want to make Cain's regiment? Then again I could covert my own, and have Macharius lead the way!

Just too much to want and to collect there.  :blush:
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2020, 10:59:26 PM »
I like that idea!  Are these expected to be something in the main rule book or is that just being put out on the site as is?

It's one of the game sizes in the main book for matched play the lowest form and for the Crusade narrative thing also your starting point (more or less)
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2020, 12:25:48 AM »
Excellent, great news! :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

• Members
« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2020, 07:54:11 AM »
A bit more about Aircraft and Engagement range
in the Drukari Faction focus
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/26/faction-focus-drukharigw-homepage-post-4fw-homepage-post-4/

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

• Members
« Reply #105 on: June 28, 2020, 09:56:16 PM »
To be able to play Chaos Knights (and same applies to Knights)
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/28/faction-focus-chaos-knights/

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #106 on: June 28, 2020, 10:08:59 PM »
When does the new ed go on preorder?
The app should be coming out then and I can’t wait!
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2020, 11:28:59 PM »
Feeling like I'd like to buy this edition, but would really be bummed if coughing up the funds, and then find out in 6 months that it wasn't worth it.  There are so many items in my collection needing effort, that I may hold back until I see how this develops.  I like the idea of the lesser numbers of figures for their Patrol sized game, but if the results aren't good, then I'd be disappointed big time.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #108 on: June 29, 2020, 12:40:18 AM »
When does the new ed go on preorder?
The app should be coming out then and I can’t wait!

Towards the end of July I believe? I remember the 25th getting thrown around as the likely start, so preorders maybe the week before.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2020, 12:41:33 AM »
Feeling like I'd like to buy this edition, but would really be bummed if coughing up the funds, and then find out in 6 months that it wasn't worth it.  There are so many items in my collection needing effort, that I may hold back until I see how this develops.  I like the idea of the lesser numbers of figures for their Patrol sized game, but if the results aren't good, then I'd be disappointed big time.

My suggestion, especially if your on the fence GP, is to wait a few weeks and see how it goes. I plan to pick up the box sets but that's more to collect models then anything to do with the edition. Two or three weeks gives time for everyone to look over the books and see how it is.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #110 on: June 29, 2020, 12:47:01 AM »

My suggestion, especially if your on the fence GP, is to wait a few weeks and see how it goes. I plan to pick up the box sets but that's more to collect models then anything to do with the edition. Two or three weeks gives time for everyone to look over the books and see how it is.

I agree. First investment is the app which I’ll play around with a lot and see what I can use from my collection. The AoS app costs $1.39 a month so I expect this one will be about the same. Totally worth it.
After that I’ll worry about models
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #111 on: June 29, 2020, 12:50:33 AM »
I mostly have Orks and a smattering of Space Marines, and an army box of Tau that I got on sale many years ago. Although there is another starter set with some marines and Chaos figures, that latter is why I bought them at the time.  Not sure I like the Necrons or Primaris Marines that come in the new starter set ... so that isn't floating my boat either.

• Members
« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2020, 02:20:38 PM »
25th of July is what I hear also, but then to be available, pre-order up at 11th (2 weeks of pre-order time like they seems to with big releases).

Just gonna buy the core rules, I'm hesitant to get the box of the new space marines and Necrons.. I really need to push more on with getting Benthe her Salamanders battleready before getting more, and not sure I really wany yo dig in the mono pose figures to much also. And the mssus doesn't want me to start a new army also with the Necrons.. though I do like the look of thm I sort of agree and focus on my T'au and Death Guard first (together with getting those Salamanders done)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2020, 02:48:06 PM »
Duh, sorry, that might definitely be the way to go for GP too ... just get the core rule book.  After a month or two of hearing how the game goes.

• Members
« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2020, 01:02:24 PM »
Again some hidden thingies in the faction focus, this time in the Genestealer Cults one
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/29/faction-focus-genestealer-cults/

with the extra Command point per turn, means that over the standard* new edition game length of 5 battle rounds, you’ll have at least 17 in a game.

No more conga lining!

• Members

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #116 on: July 02, 2020, 03:29:33 PM »
Much like they did for 8th Edition, GW has released the core rules for 9th for free download off the website.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/02/free-core-rules-new-models-sighted/

These are just the core rules, pretty much what you need for the game. It likely doesn't include the more advanced stuff you'd find in the book. Like scenarios, campaign, likely the Crusade Mode (I haven't checked the file yet.).

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #117 on: July 02, 2020, 03:47:59 PM »
Sweet. I'll have a look at them.

I kind of both like and dislike the hammerfall bunker. Seems almost a rip from Starcraft 2, but at the same times its very Imperial Fisty to have fortifications drop from the sky.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #118 on: July 02, 2020, 03:56:18 PM »
Same feelings here Feanor. I like the idea of it, and even like the StarCraft rip off because I would 100% paint it to look like Raynors Raiders, but at the same time it just doesn't do anything for me as a model.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #119 on: July 02, 2020, 04:39:54 PM »
The download is only 26 pages.  Printing them now as I post.  Thanks for the "heads up"! :icon_biggrin: :::cheers:::

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #120 on: July 02, 2020, 04:44:02 PM »
Yep the fortification is definitely Imperial Fisty!

And obviously they are going all Necron out with the 3 new rigs they are providing for them on that same announcement page.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2020, 04:45:40 PM »
My pleasure! I plan to do the same this evening and have a read through them. Goonhammer, one of the popular sites I follow, is planning to do a big release schedule over the next few weeks to really dive into it. I'm interested to see how the discussion goes. Most people seem fairly pleased with it. I was very interested to see that GW went out of their way to get a bunch of the big tournaments and competitive players to help playtest and design the rules.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2020, 04:57:55 PM »
Let's hope it works, but not expect it.  I'm giving a copy to a nephew, maybe to more than one nephew.

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2020, 09:14:03 PM »
Already pre-order, but without knowing the price. Is that a symptom of addiction? buying without knowing the price?
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2020, 09:29:23 PM »
Nope, just getting in line before anyone else does. :icon_wink:

Not getting in line here though. :icon_lol: