home

Author Topic: Dark Stars Game thread IC  (Read 97426 times)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
« Reply #700 on: January 18, 2018, 07:56:24 PM »
‘Indeed, I will make myself available to that end....and Jace should be commended for allowing these souls the opportunity to bathe in the emperors light.’
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #701 on: January 18, 2018, 10:36:41 PM »
'My pleasure,' Jace replies matter-of-factly. 'No doubt they will be more useful serving the captain, and by extension the Imperium, than by doing whatever menial task the slaver's clients had in mind.'

Turning to Desmond again, a subtle frown appears on his forehead, making him seem almost concerned. Almost. 'I had heard your dealings with the Hand did not go as expected, but I've not had a chance to review the full debrief,' he admits. 'I trust you both and master Bane returned unscathed?' A hint of a smile played on his lips. 'Perhaps simply switching off life support for that section of the ship would have been more prudent after all?'
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #702 on: January 18, 2018, 10:45:26 PM »
"Well my knees going to ache more then it use to, but we got out more or less. Got a few more leads, including an imposter tech priest, but otherwise we've had to move on to more important priorities." Desmond grimaces and rubs his injured knee. "I'll admit, venting the damn levels certainly would have been quicker. We did make contact with some loyal ships crew that I'm hopeful could be useful."

He waves his hand vaguely downward. "Now we get to go planet side. The Hand's probably lying low right now, but I don't think I'll sleep better just because things are trying to eat me instead of stab me."

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #703 on: January 19, 2018, 08:22:01 AM »
Jace nods thoughtfully. 'I... Have to admit, dealing with voracious fauna is something I had hoped never to have to deal with again. I did so once, and... Well, it was not an experience I wish to repeat. However, if suppose that if we want any answers about why we are here, we will not find them in orbit.'

He smiles then, putting the subject aside. 'But such is for me to worry about. There is a whole planet down there, ripe for the taking, if only we reach out to take it. Do you imagine it will be a valuable asset? Extending the God-Emperor's reach is its own reward, of course, but valuable minerals would certainly sweeten the pot, as they say.'
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Captain Dob Van Dwi

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #704 on: January 19, 2018, 03:19:34 PM »
@Everyone:

You gather together and embark on the shuttles.

At first everything goes smoothly however, what begins as a seemingly routine atmospheric insertion soon turns out to be a very rough ride indeed. As the shuttle descends, the formerly-serene atmosphere churning around the shuttle as it penetrates the ionosphere. The clouds darken and you feel the hair at the back of your necks stand up. Matter a fact you feel like you did at the foretelling! This now very unnatural storm about you forces Ricker to make a hard landing, all the while buffeted by gale force winds and lightning!

You feel the shuttle hit the tree tops and feel the now severed bits of wood bouncing off the hull.

You hit the dirt with a meaty smack of metal on mud and slide to a stop. Other impacts near you tell tale that the rest of the shuttles mad it.

@Gankom:

Katie's voice comes over the coms, slight distorted.

"Pyke, you guys okay?" he says "You veered off course. You are 50 kilometres away from your landing zone.
I choose too keep "Old Warhammer" alive with my blood sweat and tears.

It's bad that warhammer might die but it would be a tragedy if it stays dead!

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #705 on: January 19, 2018, 03:42:13 PM »
'And you complained about the ritual,' Jace remarks, his voice indignant. 'This is why I normally prefer to remain on the Holy Venture.' Turning to Ricker, Jace takes a moment to recuperate before asking 'what do the readings say, master Ricker? Is the air breathable? It would be rather embarrassing to step outside and suffocate on whatever passes for atmosphere on this planet.'

Closing his eyes, Jace will let his consciousness momentarily slip into the reality between realities, hoping to find anything that will provide a clue as to why the ritual sent them here.

[OoC: Psynisience test, please! Interested in finding out what we just felt making planetfall, if there's any disruptions in the immaterium, whether there's anything on the planet shows up as psyker...]

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #706 on: January 19, 2018, 03:49:16 PM »
@DS:

Psynisience 89!  ::heretic::

There is a very high level of of psy energy here but it's like a fog for you at the moment and you can't sense much

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #707 on: January 19, 2018, 05:32:01 PM »
"yes, this seems like a normal day at work." he replies to Jace before tapping his microbead. "Katie, we're alive. For now anyways. Some kind of storm brewed up and we came down a bit harder then expected. What's our current location look like?"

He turns to the others. "Katie say's we're 50 klicks off from our planned landing. That uh, didn't feel like a normal storm to me."

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #708 on: January 19, 2018, 05:42:01 PM »
A ghost of a smile passes over petrus’s face as he looks from Desmond  to Jace. ‘Tainted?’ He says to Jace.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #709 on: January 19, 2018, 06:09:03 PM »
Jace looks straight ahead, wearing a frown on his face, before he slowly starts to nod. 'I... Think so. This place... It is definitely unnatural. Very much so. But it is difficult to say exactly how tainted it is.' He looked up at his companion's faces, realizing he wasn't making much sense. 'Imagine falling into a large body of water at night. Everything tells you that you are submerged- the temperature, the water's pressure, the fact that your lungs are burning,' he explains. 'But you cannot say with certainty which way is up, or how deep the pool is or how far beneath the surface you are... Or what else is in the water with you.'

He shrugs apologetically. 'I'll have to meditate further on this, later. Right now my mind is still reeling from the rocky descent.' He turns to Richter, asking 'is the shuttle's machine spirit still willing to transport us? Can we simply lift off and fly to the correct location? I can't imagine a fifty kilometre stroll through untamed woodlands being beneficial to our health.'

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #710 on: January 19, 2018, 06:41:37 PM »
@Everyone:

Ricker shakes his head

"Looks like we are hoofing it" Hasarian remaks

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #711 on: January 19, 2018, 06:50:15 PM »
"Well at least I'm enjoying Jace get poetic about our situation." Desmond adds. He'll getup and see what can be scrounged from the crashed shuttle that's worth taking on their soon to come hike.

"I suppose we'd better tell Katie to hold on sending any others. Don't want our forces all crashing down across the planet just yet."

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #712 on: January 19, 2018, 07:53:00 PM »
‘I had planned to use my chainsword to cleave unholy flesh, I suppose I can use it to clear tainted vegetation.’ Petrus mutters to know one in particular.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #713 on: January 22, 2018, 05:28:31 PM »
@Gankom:

Observation role: 73 fail

You Find nothing worth taking

@Everyone:

You exit the shuttle and take a look around.

You find yourselves amidst verdant fern forests teeming with insect life and resounding with their strange calls. You explore your immediate surroundings for a short time, but soon you hear the sounds of a million buzzing wings. Suddenly a large insectoid ceature swoops down from the trees! It seems that your shuttle has attracted the attentions of a  massive Dragon Hornet, the apex predator on this planet. The beast obviously sees the shuttle as some form of prey (or perhaps a mate), you see it impale the shuttle with its massive stinger!

You have a few moments at least, before the creature realises that the shuttle is not edible and turns it's attentions towards you.

Player prompt: You may fight the creature, or flee in the jungle.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #714 on: January 22, 2018, 07:39:46 PM »
Jace's eyes go wide at the sight of the beast, his face a mask of fear not borne of the creature itself, but of his memories of similar beings. Quickly he draws his pistol, stepping back, away from the creature, subconsciously putting as much distance- and armsmen- between it and himself. 'Captain,' he whispers urgently, his voice trembling, 'I suggest we attack the creature out in the open, rather than risk dealing with it among the trees- where it no doubt has the advantage over us.'

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #715 on: January 22, 2018, 08:09:12 PM »
"Ah yes, fighting the apex predator. Who doesn't like a good hunt?" Desmond adds, more then a little sarcastically. He too takes a step behind the closest armsman and draws his pistol.

"Gah, I'd almost say run for it, but that thing likely has more experience hunting around these parts."

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #716 on: January 22, 2018, 08:28:57 PM »
Taking their lead, he draws his volcano and begins his prayers and aims for the creatures eyes. 
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #717 on: February 02, 2018, 02:53:57 PM »
"In the Emperor's name, open fire!" roars Bane to his men and comrades. "Full saturation, aim for it weak points for massive damage", he adds, as he unholsters his twin bolt pistols and starts blazing away with them.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #718 on: February 02, 2018, 03:45:55 PM »
Combat!:

Initiative order:

Icarus & House Trooper #1

Desmond & House trooper #2

Petrus & Jace

House Trooper #3

Dragon Hornet (your foe)

Hasarian

Ricker with House Troopers 4&5

@Xath:

Icarus sprays the nearby area with bolt pistol rounds but hits nothing as the Dragon hornet, now detached from the shuttle, simply buzzes out of the way!

@Everyone:

The House Trooper next to Icarus opens fire with his shotgun just a milliseconds later, but misses!

Player prompt: what would you like to do Gankom & co?

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #719 on: February 02, 2018, 04:19:45 PM »
Desmond will get ready to dodge if it comes his way, but otherwise carefully aim at the creature. Especially aiming towards any weak points.

[ooc]Full aim for now.[/ooc]

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #720 on: February 02, 2018, 04:49:55 PM »
Shoot! Pray. Shoot! Pray. For its eyes
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #721 on: February 02, 2018, 07:03:04 PM »
No clever remark comes to Jace's mind, his eyes foxed on the filthy, bestial xenos. Jaw clenched, he levels his hellpistol at the creature, takes careful aim, and fires.

[OoC: Actions]
- Aim (half action)
- Standard attack: fire pistol at the bug (half action)
[/OoC]

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #722 on: February 05, 2018, 02:12:33 PM »
@Everyone:

You all open fires of the creature, even as it dives down to attack.

Thankfully it's stinger just misses Icarus!

Soon all your numbers seem to have effect as Jace and two House troops make solid hits of the beast!

Player prompts: Next round of combat!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #723 on: February 05, 2018, 10:07:49 PM »
Desmond, having carefully aimed and lining up his shot, will fully attack! Firing at the creatures ugly face.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #724 on: February 06, 2018, 01:00:40 PM »
Cursing at the creatures's unwillingness to simply die, Jace will once again take aim and shoot the blasted Xenos.

[OoC: Actions]
- Aim (half action)
- Standard attack: fire pistol at the bug (half action)
[/OoC]