home

Author Topic: New Empire Army  (Read 18012 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Re: New Empire Army
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2017, 07:21:32 PM »
Looking back at this, I now wonder, where can I find these awesome landskneckt figures,  :happy:

http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php/topic,31348.msg1012138.html#new

Patience young paduan, patience .................  :engel:

Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline hamster

• Members
  • doesn't have pictures of the sprue
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2017, 08:26:44 PM »
well then, I some how missed that, well hype has hit max. :-D
There is no wrong state to play as, except for middenland

Offline Panama

• Members
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2017, 06:32:22 AM »
Wow, this pack looks really nice.
Looking back at this, I now wonder, where can I find these awesome landskneckt figures

Offline Panama

• Members
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2017, 06:35:16 AM »

From the looks of it, they are a mix of GW WFB figures, mainly 6th edition, with large amounts of converting and kitbashing having been done, partly using complementary 7th edition plastics.

Yes You are right. But it is not that much of conversion. Head swap and a long Pike are the main things. And for the first rank ones, simply 6th edition bodys with actual edition arms.

Hopefully I will be able to continue here, after I finish my pleasent suprise nect week.

Offline scrubber

• Members
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2017, 11:01:56 PM »
Those Empire/Landsknecht pike-men look really cool. Not sure about having charging on front rank. Makes the figures hard to front up against the enemy. Many many moons ago when I used to play ECW I sold off all pike and charge to replace with upright pikes. So much easier to put models in base contact and reduces repair work after the wargame.
Multi colours on figures looks great, just need large unit 50 to 100 strong, should hold the centre for a while.

Offline Panama

• Members
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2017, 02:51:38 PM »
Thank You scrubber.
I actually exactly have 100 of them. But it will take 5 livetimes to paint them  :engel:

I had exactly the same concerns with the pikes but I will solve the problem by giving them a large regiment base which is long enough to allow other regiments to reach the base. I will place some casualities and material on it.

I did some clear progress with my litter and my general, Friedrich von Eichenfels (I like this name, I think this will be his name. Full Version: Rittmeister Friedrich, Freiherr von Eichenfels). Rittmeister is a German/Austrian rank in former imperial forces. Its like a captain of the cavallerie. This is his official rank he officiates when he fights in Karl Franzs army. Freiherr is the rank of nobility. It means he owns land and is his own lord, subjected to King and Emperor. And Eichenfels is the handed name of the island, he built his residence on. Inspired by the great small storys by Sergeant Henry and the name greatly inspired by Manfred, Freiherr von Richthofen, better known as Red Baron.

I would really like to post some new pictures but first I have to solve the Photobucket problem  :icon_rolleyes:

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2017, 08:00:00 PM »
I just remembered this thread again. If you want there to have been a ruin already on the island that Eichenfels used as a basis for his residence, well, how about the following variation on the story I came up with:

There was once, during the reign of Emperor Dieter IV, a family named von Streber (placeholder name). They were upjumped Marienburger merchants who tried to buy their way into the nobility. As part of their efforts, they had bought a particular archipelago some distance upriver from Marienburg, and made it into their estate, erecting Schloss von Streber on the main island. Vanity comes before fall though, and when the von Streber family went bankrupt, the estate was confiscated by the Marienburger Bürgerlijke Bank (placeholder name) for unpaid debts. At the time, WAAAGH! Grom had just devastated the Empire and the resulting economic downturn had crashed the real estate market, so the bank decided to hold on to the estate while waiting for the market to recover.

Soon after, the secession of Marienburg happened. In the resulting peace settlement, the land borders between Marienburg and Reikland, and Marienburg and Middenland, were defined, but no border was drawn across the river. The Marienburg Land Registry concluded, from its interpretation of the treaty, that the estate is outside the sovereign territory of Marienburg. For the bank, figuring out what to do about it was put off for the future. Before long, everyone at the bank who knew about the matter had retired or died, and the land deed laid forgotten in a dusty archive. Schloss von Streber lays abandoned and is ruined by neglect.

Fast forward to a bit before present day. Marienburger Bürgerlijke Bank itself goes bankrupt. At this time, Tajir has settled in Marienburg to do business with Eichenfels's money while he's out warring. Tajir buys up the assets of the bank on the cheap from the liquidation. Among them, he rediscovers the land deed to the islands. He sets out to figure the legal status of the islands, and finds out that none of the three states claim them, that all three states' land registries believe they belong to one of the other two. And from there on, this variation joins up with the original idea.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 12:22:50 PM by Konrad von Richtmark »
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline hamster

• Members
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2017, 08:06:25 PM »
and here I was wondering if this thread had ended,  :::cheers:::. as to photo bucket, I like word press you get 3gbs free space for media in the free account good for holding groups of photos while looking for better alternatives so far has yet to fail me.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2017, 11:54:28 AM »
Are you secretly writing a book Konrad? This is book worthy stuff. Even if he doesn't want to use the fluff (use it!!!!) I would like to hear more 😸
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2017, 01:06:07 PM »
Are you secretly writing a book Konrad? This is book worthy stuff. Even if he doesn't want to use the fluff (use it!!!!) I would like to hear more 😸

I agree. This shows that you are a true RP-er, as this is a fine RPG-worthy material. :smile2:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2017, 01:14:59 PM »
An interesting addition. :icon_cool: :eusa_clap:

By the way, who said the Old World was dead? :icon_wink:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2017, 06:57:59 PM »
I don't know guys, somehow ideas come smoothly to me when I'm provided a few fixed points to work with. If I'm required to come up with something entirely from scratch though, I'm clueless.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline Panama

• Members
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2017, 11:49:08 AM »
Really nice Konrad, I love Your stories. I have to imagine some more points for You to feed Your imagination  :wink:

As I wrote I will try to upload some photos of the litter without dropbox. So please, whish me luck  :engel:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rigzdpc3s4jisln/20170912_093900.jpg?dl=0

I have no idea if this works, so here is the test picture.

Offline Panama

• Members
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2017, 11:52:50 AM »

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2017, 04:41:11 PM »

Just add [ img ] and [ /img ] (without the spaces) on either side of the image address.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Panama

• Members
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2017, 04:54:07 PM »
Thank You Padre. I will try that  :icon_biggrin:

Offline Panama

• Members
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2017, 04:57:29 PM »
Did not work  :|

Why does everything with this pictures have to be so complicated  :eusa_wall:

The fact that I am totally useless with PCs does not make it better.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2017, 06:45:11 PM »

You're right. It's stopped working. Weird. It worked before.

Or has it worked? I can see one of my two attempts now. Can you?
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2017, 07:10:15 PM »
I see it and it’s bloody worth it! Magnificent!
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2017, 09:50:49 PM »
whoa  :::cheers:::
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2017, 07:00:15 AM »
I see nothing. However this is different from the other thread, where I saw the photobucket ‘upgrade account’ picture. Here its just nothing.
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2017, 07:13:35 AM »
It does work, for a while (an hour or so) and then it disappears. Dropbox, not Ph'buck. Weird.

Offline Panama

• Members
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2018, 09:27:35 AM »
Hello,

as I decided to change my preferences, I am going to sell my knights.
I do not know if this is the right platform to post this, but I think here are lots of enthusiasts who could use the parts. As I am still not able to post pictures in here, I just copied the link to ebay kleinanzeigen. There You can see the pictures But, if somebody is interested, he can write me also here in the forum.

If this is not allowed here in the forum I apologize in advance.

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/warhammer-ritter-imperium-bretonen-megaset-ueber-25-stueck/775245058-249-5316

Price is basis for negotiation. Please ask for international shipping.

The Text in english:
Dear Imperium / Breton Generals,

With a heavy heart, I sell my favorite project out of total lack of time.
I intended to build not less than the most splendid and hottest cavalry regiment in the Old World.
As a collector of both the Bretons and the Empire I have always had the desire to build combinations of colorful Breton heraldry and heavy armor. So I started to equip Breton horses with Imperial armor and to combine the riders to get a varied regiment of humans.

You have here now the unique opportunity to collect my collected Bretons and Imperials, including lots of matching Bitz.
In detail:
25 horses (Imperial / Breton knights, rifle rider, orkanium / Luminarium, chaos (the new ones), 1 out of pewter not from GW)
at least body for also 25 riders (Bitz should be enough for more)
Pile of arms, helmets, shields and more Bitz of the Breton and Imperial Knights
1 metal knight on foot
Old Emperor of pewter

As you can see on the pictures some parts are partly painted and a knight is already finished. There is a metal knight on foot, whom I wanted to place next to a fallen horse.

ATTENTION: The single painted knight with the colorful heraldry, left on the first photo, is no longer availiable.

Take a look at the pictures.

Such a set of no longer available parts you will probably not find again.

I hope someone shares my love for the heavy knights of the old world and builds a cavalry regiment out of the pieces, that shakes the earth of the Old World.

Best regards
Nils

Offline hamster

• Members
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2018, 10:52:51 PM »
really tempted on that one

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2018, 07:57:11 AM »
Panama - we have the Trading Post board if you are trying to sell things.

http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?board=19.0

Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?