home

Author Topic: Hochland - Das Kurfürstliche Garde-Armeekorps von Hochland  (Read 22435 times)

Offline Sergeant Henry

• Members
  • Koblenz / Germany
Re: Hochland - Das Kurfürstliche Garde-Armeekorps von Hochland
« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2017, 06:49:51 AM »
@ Rowsdower:  :::cheers::: I think you are correct - look at this poster of the film: :icon_mrgreen:

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2017, 08:02:41 AM »
As it happens, in Dutch, eega means spouse.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2017, 11:37:03 AM »
Quite nice a giant there for sure!

Only problem is he is holding the trunk like it was a light javelin. Could you modify the grip in order to give the trunk some pondus?

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2017, 12:12:48 PM »
As it happens, in Dutch, eega means spouse.

And your point? All good spouses wield clubs and scream 😺 And I don't mean just the males 🙀
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Sergeant Henry

• Members
  • Koblenz / Germany
« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2017, 01:13:28 PM »
 :icon_mrgreen:
All good spouses wield clubs and scream
  :icon_mrgreen: :::cheers::: :icon_mrgreen: ... made my day!  :::cheers::: :eusa_clap:

@ Zygmund: I like the easy way he holds the trunk. Because this looks like he wipes off the first and second row (... or maybe some more rows? :-D) of the regiment before him! :icon_lol:
"Off the road please! This is the way for me and my trunk you little bastards!" ... and then there is a loud and belling laughter out of his evil-smelling throat!  :icon_eek:
... oh yes ... too many pictures in my brain ...  :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2017, 12:31:42 AM »
We can only hope my wife never reads the above. Look for me in a nearby peat bog if she does. Prone and preserved. 😸☠️👆
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2017, 05:03:08 AM »
@Sergeant Henry
Thank you for the reference. Made my day :eusa_clap:

Offline Sergeant Henry

• Members
  • Koblenz / Germany
« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2017, 06:02:10 AM »
At the moment I am working on a Hellblaster Volley Gun and its crew.
But the progress is very slow so it is time again for some terrain! :icon_mrgreen:

One of my first terrain pieces was this ruin.
I build it from styrofoam and I used a statue from Ziterdes:

When the new 8th edition of Warhammer started I liked especially the rules for terrain.
I tried to build some special terrain for this edition. Because my wife plays Orcs & Goblins we needed a special forest terrain - the mushroom forest:

Offline Alex-bbr

• Members
« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2017, 02:26:22 PM »
Dude, I love all your sutff  :eusa_clap:

All your terrain stuff are really amazing. I love so far your tower with the cimetery and your mushroom forest. Really awesome. How do you make these maushroom by the way?

Congrat!  :::cheers:::
The Guard dies and does not surrender...

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2017, 02:53:49 PM »
I really love the musroom forest!
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2017, 12:55:59 AM »
Yep! Your terrain is magnificent. The mushroom forest is indeed a forest worthy of defence.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Sergeant Henry

• Members
  • Koblenz / Germany
« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2017, 07:08:40 AM »
Thank you very much gentlemen! :::cheers:::

The mushroom forest is an idea from one of our first games in the 8th edition in 2010.
I played a game with my army of Hochland against the Orcs & Goblins of my wife. A unit of Night Goblins moved through a forest and my wife rolled the dice for a mushroom forest. Can there be a better forest for Goblins than a mushroom forest? :icon_mrgreen:
At this moment I decided to build a mushroom forest. I racked my brain where I can get mushrooms for the forest and then some weeks before Christmas I found some small mushrooms in a supermarket. They were decorations for Christmas trees. The big mushroom is chinaware and also piece of decoration. The big mushroom got some paint but the small mushrooms are original! :icon_mrgreen:
I copied the base of the forest from GW on plastic card, so I can exchange the forest when it is necessary. I also used moveable tree and mushroom bases on the forest base.
Some stones, sand, woodgrass and some paints = the mushroom forest was ready for action! ... and we have a lot of fun with it! :biggriin:

Offline Sergeant Henry

• Members
  • Koblenz / Germany
« Reply #112 on: August 15, 2017, 03:59:30 PM »
New equipment arrives at the Guards Army Corps!

I have a new cannon with a brand-new story and my own rules.  :icon_mrgreen:
This cannon is now in the experimental stage: :happy:

The Hochland Forest Cannon

The Hochland Forest Cannon is a relative new invention in the Empire but in the regions of Hochland spaciously known.
A rarely known but quite talented master technicus from Hergig, Friedemar von Plöckingen, noticed some years ago that there are only few cannons in the Guards Army Corps of Hochland.
The reason for this circumstance is the commander of the artillery regiment, Konrad Ludenhof, the son of the Elector, who has an outstanding antipathy to cannons.
However the use of cannons in the mostly wooded districts of Hochland is very difficult or even impossible too.
Only in particular regions of Hochland or the use on missions outside of Hochland cannons could be effective.
To shoot with cannon into a forest or to shoot out of a forest or to shoot within a forest is possible but not most effective. The line of sight is limited because of the many trees and the ballistic trajectory of a cannonball is uncalculable.
So Friedemar von Plöcklingen got the idea to develop a cannon for the use in forests.
The cannon had to be small and mobile to move it in the forest. Horses or a team of oxen wasn’t the right approach. The cannon must be moved by the crew.
The range of such ordnance is not very important because in a battle in the forest the front lines are nearby.
The main parameter to think about was the caliber and the kind of bullet such a cannon use.
Von Plöckingen developed a small-bore bullet that bursts on the ground or in the trees.
It was especially important that these bullets had enough fragmentation and can hit a major area with their disgusting and often deadly splints from the bullet and the trees.
After some years of research and development he produced the Hochland Forest Cannon.
The original name of the cannon was:
“Von Plöckingens movable gunpowder gadget for perforation of the Hochland tree population and the thereby simultaneously connected life ending of hostile minded invaders”.
This title impressed the Elector when he was personally present at the demonstration of the new weapon but he decided that this title was too long and maybe a little unknowable to the simple minded soldiers in his army.
Therefore he ordered to call the new cannon „Hochland Forest Cannon“.
Due to the excellent demonstration one Hochland Forest Cannon was delegated on a trial basis to the Independent Cannon Battery of the Artillery Regiment “Kurprinz Konrad Ludenhof” at Burg Schippel.

Rules:

The profile of the cannon and the crew is the same as normal empire cannon!

100 Points

Crew of three with hand weapon

War machine

Special rules:
The Hochland Forest Cannon can move in and through Forests! Forests are not impassable terrain.

Range: 36 inch

Strength: 4/2

Rending

The Hochland Forest Cannon will shoot to the rules like cannon in the Warhammer rulebook.
Exceptions:
-   Every miniature beneath the line between the first and the second point of impact suffers a rending hit with strength 4.
-   Place the 3 inch template at the second point of impact. This is the splinter effect of the cannon.
-   Every miniature beneath the template suffers a rending hit with strength 2.
-   When miniatures are beneath the line between the first and the second point of impact and under the template too, they suffers only the strength 2 hit!

Case shot:
The Hochland Forest Cannon will shooting case shots to the rules like cannon in the Warhammer rulebook.
Exceptions:
-   Range: 8 inch
-   Strength: 2
-   Rending

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #113 on: August 15, 2017, 05:03:08 PM »
These rules look good. I love the idea of a forest cannon. Might steal it for one of my WFRP sessions. :-P
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Sergeant Henry

• Members
  • Koblenz / Germany
« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2017, 08:27:29 AM »
Unfortunately I have no time to paint at the moment. :Ohmy:
... and for the next two weeks there will be a break in my blog here because I will travel to Moscow. :::cheers:::
But before my journey begins I want to show more of my terrain. :smile2:

A hill with rubble:

A hill with a magic portal:

Quicksand:

A swamp:

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2017, 03:12:17 PM »
Like your terrain, the cannon backstory, and the attitude of creating it all yourself. Always reminds me of the real salt of this hobby.  :-)

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Rogers Kul

• Members
« Reply #116 on: August 22, 2017, 09:28:10 AM »
Totally, nice terrain Sergeant.
Maybe you could add some wet stain on the walls you made, just to make them more irregular

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2017, 01:34:13 PM »
Like your terrain, the cannon backstory, and the attitude of creating it all yourself. Always reminds me of the real salt of this hobby.  :-)

-Z

Definetly. That's what this hobby's all about. Huge respect. :::cheers:::
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Offline Sergeant Henry

• Members
  • Koblenz / Germany
« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2017, 08:56:13 AM »
Thank you very much for your kind compliments! :::cheers:::

Now I am back from Moscow but unfortunately I got a bad cold from Russia. :icon_cry:
I hope to recover in the next days and I can't wait to start painting the next miniatures of the Guards Army Corps! :biggriin:

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #119 on: September 13, 2017, 12:45:16 PM »
Thank you very much for your kind compliments! :::cheers:::

Now I am back from Moscow but unfortunately I got a bad cold from Russia. :icon_cry:
I hope to recover in the next days and I can't wait to start painting the next miniatures of the Guards Army Corps! :biggriin:

Best of health to you, then. I can't wait to see more Hochland goodness from you. :smile2:

Gneisenau

Offline Sergeant Henry

• Members
  • Koblenz / Germany
« Reply #120 on: September 26, 2017, 12:10:49 PM »
After a short period of abstinence from the hobby I returned to the table and built some more terrain!  :icon_mrgreen:

I built a modular river.  :biggriin: The river contains of seven parts:

With the right light the river is a little bit shining:

A river segment with a Gor:

I can build various courses of the river. Here are some examples:

The next project will start in some minutes: I need a stone bridge! :happy:

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2017, 01:29:45 PM »
This is awesome and looks fun. Can you describe the process? I do believe I need a river now 😺
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Sergeant Henry

• Members
  • Koblenz / Germany
« Reply #122 on: September 26, 2017, 02:35:45 PM »
Yes, of course!  :::cheers:::
It is easy to build a river in this way:
I used plastic card because the plastic is flexible and very thin. The straight segments are 12 inches long and 4 inches wide. The bend segments are nearly 12 inch "long".
I sprayed a black base coat on every segment because I need a coat for the sand. Then I glued the sand on both sides of the segments.
You have to look that the sand is on each end of the segments in the same width!
The sand got a black base coat too.
I bought at our local Woolworth shop three tubes of acrylic paint - two green and one black. This is the paint for the "water". I mixed the colours and painted them on the segments from dark to less dark.
Then I painted and washed the sand with different brown colours and washes.
Finally I "painted" the water with a wood glue and water mixture.
I used grass that looks like the rest of my table.
... and when you will build a river be aware of this: The most time of the process you will wait and watch the glue and the colours drying!  :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #123 on: September 26, 2017, 02:39:47 PM »
Excellent! Great looking water effect using just paint. I'm going to get on board with this and forge a river.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2017, 01:03:08 PM »
Modular river is my new, favorite thing! Wowsa! :ph34r:

Gneisenau