home

Author Topic: AoS Adventure  (Read 110232 times)

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
Re: New start
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2017, 05:21:42 PM »
Due to the photobucket issues, we modified some of our photo posting settings...

Not bad terrain though.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2017, 05:49:28 PM »
Due to the photobucket issues, we modified some of our photo posting settings...

Not bad terrain though.

Thank you!
Is there anything I can do to make them smaller from my end.  Don't want to cause trouble for everyone.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2017, 07:46:53 PM »
Here's a progress. Need to add some shields hanging from railing. A direct rip off of hamster but getting there. Maybe  20 cents for foam and the paint. Perfect budget terrain. Not really sure what this is supposed to be lol. Just started and that's what happened. Doesn't make any sense really. May actually do a walled mansion or fortified homestead.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:58:01 PM by Artobans Ghost »
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2017, 12:24:38 AM »
Have the new skirmish rules so I thought I'd throw a 50 pt renown warband together. I think I'll do an ork/gobbo band and run them thru the skirmish campaign and see what happens.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2017, 01:17:37 AM »
I love those old metal flagellants, and that warrior priest has always been one of my favorite models. That's a sweet looking little warband.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2017, 01:50:40 AM »
Thank you! I really love that flaggy with the stick and book. One of my favorite models. Their going up against a few orks that I dragged out of retirement 😸 These are some of my first painting experiments although my painting hasn't really improved too much, but I was just thinking with the skirmish rules, you can make each guy individual and I have a ton of yet to be built guys kicking around so it should be fun.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2017, 02:04:28 AM »
Looking good!

And although the terrain piece isn't making sense, it looks good, too!
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2017, 11:14:03 AM »
Looking good!

And although the terrain piece isn't making sense, it looks good, too!

Ha!Ha! Thanks and I completely agree. Like my life a bit. Effort for something that doesn't make sense lol!!
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2017, 01:43:35 AM »
Began my Shadespire skirmish campaign. Clash at Dawn. I think I'm going to like this a lot. It was over quick with the orks getting a minor. Made the mistake of charging 5 spearman at the big ork boss. 5 heads rolled without any return wounds. My handgunners managed 2 wounds  and 2 orks were taken out by flaggies and a great sword. 2 gunners were trampled into the ground by the boars and the other 2 hightailed with the rest of the flaggies. Both greatswords were smucked and my priest was the only one standing looking like all was normal in life.
Had this game in 40 mins including set up. Added 2 more boars to the orks (8 renown for minor) and another 3 hand-gunners (6 renown for loss)
Excellent way to while away the time.

Edit: I have to say that I have the Path of Glory, Skirmish and the battletome Tzeentch in digital and the inability to print them off  is actually not that great. It's great for convenience for going out but I really prefer the actual book and will probably buy them.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 01:59:06 AM by Artobans Ghost »
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2017, 06:42:47 AM »
keep em coming, it sounds like fun!

I do have the skirmish book but haven't gotten around to play that yet. Want to get the Path to Glory book as well and soon the GHB 2017 will drop also.. and all that while also trying to get time in for my 40k :)
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2017, 09:00:28 AM »
Old school models are the best. Great minis right there! :smile2:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2017, 02:20:34 AM »
Old school models are the best. Great minis right there! :smile2:

Thank you sir! That was always my fav priest followed by Luther. That priest was in every empire army I ever fielded. Just love him lol.
Here's my Luther and also a wizard I always liked.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2017, 02:23:37 AM »
keep em coming, it sounds like fun!

I do have the skirmish book but haven't gotten around to play that yet. Want to get the Path to Glory book as well and soon the GHB 2017 will drop also.. and all that while also trying to get time in for my 40k :)

That's a full dance card lol. As usual I'm getting inspired by your 40k adventure and am trying do do justice to my space woofs. They are slow going though
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2017, 01:48:05 AM »
Well, Treasure Hunt was next. Set up started good for the empire. Managed to get to 2 hoards right off the batt. Needed 6 's to find the artifact but that's just like the lottery. Had my handgunners spread out behind on a hill with my greatswords and spearmen on the right and my priest and flaggies on my left. The orks got to 3 if he hoards right off and proceeded to find 1 each turn. The boars first so  they got to stamp ahead to say hello to my greatswords. The measly gobbos found theirs the next turn and four of them went to hit the flaggies. The orc war boss left one guy behind to search but the rest headed for the priest. One gobbo skewered a flaggellant and for that triggered their 3 attacks. Their flails bashed in 2 of them but that was it. The boss stopped to discuss matters with the flaggellants and that degraded into 4 of them pulped. My last flaggies nailed an orc across the gob and dropped him only to be put down by his other 2 mates. My frantic search for the artefacts turned up nothing (could be because they were fighting to keep breathing).
My spearmen survived the boar charges but were chewed up with no return wounds but the greatswords took out one boat and another wound on another with their extra attacks due to the hero in range. Gunners dropped one boat but this fight was over.
That left my priest and the boss. Swinging his hammer like I play golf netted no results but the boss corked him for 4 wounds. 3 attacks, 3+, 3+ to wound d3 damage hurts. That's all I can say. Turn 5 was over so they waved goodbye and left that fight for another day.
Two battles have ended like that now so it's starting to become a thing. Orcs won a major victory with 3 artefacts found so it's 10 renown for them and 6 for empire.
On to the next. I have to say these are fast and bloody and fit my schedule perfectly. Still don't have the small scale tactics sorted but the game is alot of fun. Going to name my boss shivertooth and the ice hogs - same as bloodbowl - and it's the name my son came up with when he was 12 lol. Havnt come up with a name for the unbreakable priest yet.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2017, 03:37:35 AM »
The Fragile Cargo is next. The set up was predictable with Shivertooth in front. A mere 12 inches away was the priest ready to stop this walking atrocity. Unfortunately by the end of turn three, the thing was over and my priest was transformed into a carpet runner. Dealing no damage at all, he was piledriven 6 times with no saves (4+!) -2 rend unfortunately and his 6+ Invunerable save went like the lottery - all you need is 2 6's to live. Not a chance. It was all over but the crying except my greatswords lived up to their name despite losing the extra attack for their hero. They did in his honour guard of orks quite nicely and were standing until the boss started his lesson in pain. My spearmen did an outstanding job of downing 3 boars before the last one ran for his life. 
On to the next.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2017, 08:42:05 AM »
Really nice mini-report and I love the conversion of the wizard. That bow suits him. :smile2:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2017, 11:59:23 PM »
Thanks Xath! As always an inspiration ! With the sugarless coffee too lol day 51  (!) believe it or not. June 11 is when I thru down the gauntlet with Xath. I really don't care for coffee anymore but I keep drinking it lol.

Next up was The Vortex. The orcs have had two major victories and the balance is showing so I thought it's now or never for the empire. With my 6 renown I added two more greatswords as they are fantastic with their extra attack within 6" of a hero. I set them up and spearheaded directly into the mob. I shielded my priest wisely then charged everything but him and left him on the open plain to deal with 4 crazy mad boar boys. What a brilliant plan that was. The great swords and flaggies barrelled into the honour guard and  5 squig hoppers I added with some more renown. They thumped and clubbed each other until a hole opened in the line. My priest meanwhile fended off the charge and rolled great for a change thanks to his prayers and command ability. He did in half of one and the handgunners dispatched 2 1/2 others. My spearmen did the dance with their gobbo opposites till they finally ran then charged the standard bearer of the orks and finished him. Then proceeded to charge the boss.  My priest made off thru the whole in the line and drove his hammer into the boss who took one wound. The 3 greatswords took their 9 attacks and got 6 hits on the boss and I thought finally some hurt returned. 5 failed wounds and a shrug off of the 6th and that was it. Shivertooth spat and laid low the 3 of them with 2 attacks and 5 wounds  , turned and with his last attack got 3 wounds on my 3 spearmen and felled them. My priest had 1 wound left and failed his prayers twice and was taken out by the last squighopper by a cowardly run at his back. Yet about major victory for the orcs. They are mopping up this campaign. I'll fight the last one but I think the writing is on the wall.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2017, 01:10:23 AM »
The upgraded warbands as they enter the 5 th clash. Assassinate.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2017, 08:54:11 AM »
I'm always ready Artoban! Would love to have a game with you one day. :smile2:

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2017, 02:45:10 AM »

Perfect! Would love one too. All I need to do is win this damn lottery. ( I mention how lucky my lottery attempts have been above) and then convince the wife that Belgium is a must stop next May. (May have better luck with the lottery 😺) mind you she will be living it up it up in Mexico if the former happen and won't miss me slip out for the weekend.

Scenario #5: Assaination.
Well the flaggies were sent up the right flank to draw away some chaff and succeeded in knocking off the goblin spearmen, spiders and 5 hoppers thanks to some serious battleshock. My handgunners on the left dropped a boar and my priest and greatswords lit into the hounour guard, 3 surviving boars and another 5 hoppers. Four turns of hack and slash left the honour guard champ and battlestandard left. Healing prayers and reroll wounds went off like a charm and by the end off turn 5 it was just the priest staring down the boss at 6 inches. Unfortunately the game ended and the boss was unhurt and alive and that meant another major victory so officially that was it. Unofficially I charged the green bastard and it took another 6 rounds to finish him one on one. Healing prayers worked when they had to and he fluffed his wound rolls and hits enough times to work him down. I got the feeling he was tired and considered giving the priest one more bit of inspiration before removing his smile forever in the next and last round.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2017, 02:30:23 AM »
I like 'em! :icon_biggrin: :::cheers::: :eusa_clap:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2017, 09:44:04 AM »

Perfect! Would love one too. All I need to do is win this damn lottery. ( I mention how lucky my lottery attempts have been above) and then convince the wife that Belgium is a must stop next May. (May have better luck with the lottery 😺) mind you she will be living it up it up in Mexico if the former happen and won't miss me slip out for the weekend.

Scenario #5: Assaination.
Well the flaggies were sent up the right flank to draw away some chaff and succeeded in knocking off the goblin spearmen, spiders and 5 hoppers thanks to some serious battleshock. My handgunners on the left dropped a boar and my priest and greatswords lit into the hounour guard, 3 surviving boars and another 5 hoppers. Four turns of hack and slash left the honour guard champ and battlestandard left. Healing prayers and reroll wounds went off like a charm and by the end off turn 5 it was just the priest staring down the boss at 6 inches. Unfortunately the game ended and the boss was unhurt and alive and that meant another major victory so officially that was it. Unofficially I charged the green bastard and it took another 6 rounds to finish him one on one. Healing prayers worked when they had to and he fluffed his wound rolls and hits enough times to work him down. I got the feeling he was tired and considered giving the priest one more bit of inspiration before removing his smile forever in the next and last round.

Then, let's get to it. We can do it! :smile2:

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2017, 09:17:36 PM »
That would indeed be awesome. I need to get my shit in order!!
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2017, 02:30:31 PM »
That would indeed be awesome. I need to get my shit in order!!

Me too buddy. :smile2:

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2017, 04:17:42 AM »
Well I finally played the last round of the skirmish campaign. The set up is pretty neat. You start within a 12" x 36" strip on two sides and race for the relic which is in the centre of a 2'x2' building with only a 3" door on the two walls facing deployment. The one with the most models within 3" of the altar wins. A pretty bad storm outside starts with d3 mortal wounds per unit within 6", then 12" etc each turn. A mad rush for the doors and to get inside cover is a good thing. Of course the orks had first turn from their last win and were able to run for the doors pretty easy with their cavalry while I plodded along on foot. The boars roared through one set of doors and blocked the other door quite effectively. A unit of squig hoppers committed Hari cari and charged my now grown unit of greatswords as they came around the corner to get through the ork door. They were swept aside easily but did take out 2 of my guys. My spearmen charged the boars after the gunners landed a paltry wound on them. Brave but foolish was this act but necessary as that storm brewed. My priest arrived and did nothing at all but bless the fallen spearmen. The flaggies arrived finally after failing a 3" charge (?!) and a tarp it insued.
The greatswords laid into the goblins guarding the door. Amusement for the orks at the altar as they were ripped apart. However that storm has caught up and 3 of my GS were pummelled being stuck at the threshold outside. My gunners and flaggies were hurt as well as was the priest all stuck outside the doors. The GS broke in finally as well as the surviving flaggies and  priest with 4 wounds. Failed his 3+ healing prayer. The warboss was bored so he charged my greatswords taking out 4 with two swings and that's were it ended at the bottom of 5. The orks won hands down as the honour guard hadn't even punched an imperial and had first hand seats for the show.
Total loss for my guys but they get a cheer for showing up.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020