home

Author Topic: Round 9 Scores  (Read 7725 times)

Offline PygmyHippo

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Washington, DC, U.S.A.
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2005, 06:09:34 PM »
Quote from: Helblaster_Of_Sigmar
Sure it was a civil war, but it had few of the ill effects of a normal civil war.(i.e. no one was taken over, so there was only hard feelings between factions, rather than oppressor and oppressed).

Some might consider the loss of thousands of soldiers and civilians, the creation of thousands of widows and orphans, total destruction of homes and livestock and incalculable damage to the economy "ill effects" consistent with any war, civil included.  And that's just in Ostermark, not to mention the other three provinces.

War:  
The only way to win, is not to play.  
The only way to play, is with toy soldiers.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2005, 06:39:19 PM »
Can't bake an omelet without breaking a few eggs, eh?

And may I point out that there are more ways to win a war? For example, destroy anone or anything that opposes you. Or another, destroy as much as you need, and rule what's left of the enemy.
Or you can just assassinate the enemy leaders, and take over while nobody's left to command the enemy army...

See? Tons of options :-D !
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline TheBuilder

• Members
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2005, 09:57:26 PM »
...the way wars are fought in More's Utopia...
The long road back to Stirland...

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2005, 10:04:36 PM »
And it still seems that war doesn't solve all that much- we are still arguing :wink:

Just kidding, like it says on the Medieval: Total War site: Some people say war doesn't change anything.... Maybe they were using the wrong strategy.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2005, 02:48:20 AM »
Quote from: Demonslayer
Can't bake an omelet without breaking a few eggs, eh?

Uhhh, you don't bake omlets... you fry them :wink:

Wouldn’t it be nice if people replaced the real wars with games of Warhammer?
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Round 9 Scores
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2005, 07:13:51 PM »
There are only two things I can make with an oven: salmonella coctails and warpstone. I have no idea what the difference between frying and baking is...
Just kidding, I'm not a native English speaker, hence the mixup  :) .

And actually playing warhammer instead of fighting actual wars would NOT be a good idea. I for one would rather not let the fate of mankind rest upon the roll of a dice and the power of unbalanced lists...
Not saying an actual war is a better solution... :P
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!