home

Author Topic: Which Is Your Favorite God OR Deity In Warhammer  (Read 1511 times)

Offline Baron Isebrand

• Members
Which Is Your Favorite God OR Deity In Warhammer
« on: July 28, 2021, 09:09:02 PM »
For me, it's Myrmidia (As if me using the emblem of The Knights Of The Blazing Sun didn't give that away)
I like her for a variety of reasons

1. Her back story of being a goddess of civilization who leaves after her mortal followers lose their honor. Then comes back as a badass mortal warrior and assembles a team of heroes and unites the southern realms. Well, it kind of sucks she gets taken out by a poison dart she still manages to form the basis of one of the largest religions in the Old World.

2.The Core Tenets of her belief system
-Act with honor and dignity at all times.
-Respect prisoners of war
-Show no mercy to the unrepentant enemies of Humanity(Because Orks and Daemons have no honor)
-Honor your master’s commands.
-Disobey an order only if it is absolutely necessary (for example, if an order forced you to break another stricture)
-Keep the horrors of war away from the weak
I can get behind all these

3. Has the most dapper looking knightly order in the game  :-D

« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 03:16:17 AM by GamesPoet »
"Show me the eyes of the eagle that I may see my enemies, Show me the strength of the eagle that I may persevere, Show me the wings of the eagle that I may strike in good time, Show me the heart of the eagle that I may not fear."

Prayer to Myrmidia

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Which Is Your Favorite God OR Deity In Warhammer Fantasy
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 09:15:40 PM »
Ha!  Nicely done. :icon_biggrin: :eusa_clap:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Baron Isebrand

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 09:16:45 PM »
Thank you  :-D
"Show me the eyes of the eagle that I may see my enemies, Show me the strength of the eagle that I may persevere, Show me the wings of the eagle that I may strike in good time, Show me the heart of the eagle that I may not fear."

Prayer to Myrmidia

Offline Henerius

• Members
  • not Henry
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 11:08:45 PM »
I have an Estalian and a Tilean army. It is hard to disagree with the choise you make!
Quote from: Commander Bernhardt
don't listin to the evil Henerius
Quote from: steveb
if your fantasy world is not real enough, take two aspirins and go paint.  steveb

Offline Baron Isebrand

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2021, 04:51:50 AM »
That's awesome! If I ever got super into tabletop I would love to build an army like that.

Prayer to Myrmidia

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2021, 09:02:17 PM »
Well, I am a bit torn between Sigmar and Ulric. It has less to do with their teachings though but I just like myself a proper hammerwielding warrior priest bashing undead gribblies.
Sigmar always stod with me on the tabletop.

I guess becoming Arch Lector in the last proper Warhammer Fantasy online campaign is part of it.
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2021, 01:51:35 AM »
I've always been an Ulric fan myself. Uniform wise I always preferred green but Middenheim and the Ulrican provinces have always been very close as a second. Plus I just love the badass symbolism of the wolf god.

Offline Baron Isebrand

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2021, 07:18:39 AM »
Ulric's Wolf motif is pretty badass 

Prayer to Myrmidia

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2021, 02:33:13 PM »
Ladrielle (AKA Lileath, AKA, Lady of the Lake), the elven goddess of luck and fate. I love that the elves (particularly the wood elves) think she is using the Bretonnians as human shields to protect Athel Loren, when really she just thinks they're interesting/fun. The "Blessing of the Lady" as I interpret it is just increasing the amount of dumb luck a knight will have and not die in combat. She even recruits any Bretonnian magic wielders as part of her personal handmaidens, guardians, and servants. I made a meme about her on reddit that did fairly well:

Sigmar is a close runner up.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Baron Isebrand

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2021, 10:50:48 PM »
Those memes sums up Bretonnia perfectly  :eusa_clap:

Prayer to Myrmidia