home

Author Topic: Happy and Random Thoughts!  (Read 834772 times)

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
Re: Happy and Random Thoughts!
« Reply #9300 on: December 31, 2019, 09:54:34 AM »
Ha. I havnt seen a floppy disc in years

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #9301 on: December 31, 2019, 05:46:10 PM »

Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #9302 on: January 04, 2020, 10:42:00 AM »
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #9303 on: January 06, 2020, 01:48:52 AM »
In the Warhammer Fantasy Battles universe, Elves come in 3 flavors: Vanilla, Chocolate, and Mint. I think about this a lot.
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #9304 on: January 06, 2020, 04:13:51 AM »
Wile babysitting my niece yesterday, I broke out my old Lego for her to play with. I cant remember the last time I used it. She had it spread from one end of the living room to the other. She had a great time. :biggriin:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #9305 on: January 06, 2020, 01:00:13 PM »
In the Warhammer Fantasy Battles universe, Elves come in 3 flavors: Vanilla, Chocolate, and Mint. I think about this a lot.
:icon_lol: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #9306 on: January 11, 2020, 12:39:36 PM »
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #9307 on: January 11, 2020, 12:40:26 PM »

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #9308 on: January 11, 2020, 04:42:36 PM »

This is just a nice screenshot from WHTW2:

If I was a DE player, I would make this my desktop background.
― Jake the Dog

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #9309 on: January 11, 2020, 10:13:34 PM »
I went to the new game shop the other day and found a box of state troops and greatswords. I got them at a discount too

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #9310 on: January 18, 2020, 01:39:16 PM »

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #9311 on: January 18, 2020, 01:42:32 PM »

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #9312 on: January 18, 2020, 01:45:05 PM »

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #9313 on: January 21, 2020, 05:53:53 PM »
Well, I am shipping up to Boston. My wife just got a new job in Cambridge and so we'll be moving up there.  My wife and I flew up there this past weekend and went house hunting with a realtor. We found a house and put an offer on it. Now comes all the real estate and moving bullshit we have to wade through to get there. I just gave my boss my two weeks notice. We have until March 15 to vacate our current place. So many things are moving fast.

While in Arlington MA we went to this gastro-pub and board game place called Adventure Pub. There were a group of guys playing 30K and I talked with them for a bit. Looks like after the move I could potentially pick up the hobby and gaming again.
― Jake the Dog

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #9314 on: January 21, 2020, 06:24:39 PM »
And we all know how "fluid" the Trumpet can be. :icon_wink: :icon_lol:

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #9315 on: January 22, 2020, 05:39:10 PM »
Sometimes Reddit will send me random suggestions based off my searches/subscriptions. Well one of which is "Today I Learned" and the subject was rather interesting:

"In 1714, a Norwegian captain (Peter Tordenskjold) and an English captain had a 14-hour long ship fight. Afterwards, both ships were badly damaged and the Norwegian captain was running out of ammo. He sent an envoy to the English ship, asking if he could borrow some of their ammo. His request was denied, and the captains drank to each other's health, before the ships dispersed"

Well, I just learned about that today.
― Jake the Dog

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #9316 on: January 22, 2020, 09:37:17 PM »
Good luck on your move Feanor! I hate moving, ESPECIALLY long distance ones.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #9317 on: January 23, 2020, 02:06:01 AM »
Thanks Gankom. Moving from NoVa to Boston is going to be a pain but I know it'll all be worth it when I get there.  :::cheers:::
― Jake the Dog

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #9318 on: January 23, 2020, 09:43:23 PM »
So my daughter in law is quite good at artistry. Her anime stuff is great and I had an idea last night. Asked if she could do a drawing of our smallest cat. This morning, I find this. This captures the personality of the cat perfectly.

Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #9319 on: January 24, 2020, 03:28:02 AM »
That's amazing Artoban! Way better then my stick figure doodles! She's got some real talent there.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #9320 on: January 24, 2020, 11:02:42 AM »
 :icon_cool: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #9321 on: January 24, 2020, 11:47:17 AM »
Thanks very much! 👆 she has a big collection of paints. There was a pallet of orange mixes beside the drawing as well. 😸
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #9322 on: January 24, 2020, 10:26:52 PM »
Ok! Great day has arrived. Last year about now a female snowy owl worked its way south for the winter. Stayed till mid March and returned north. Today she returned (a female with a lot of brown spots) that we named Celest. It perches on a Walmart light standard from about 4:30 pm till I’m not sure when. A lot of it’s hunting grounds - the back side of Walmart - has been turned into homes so that may make her change her location. In the mornings - about 6:30-7:30 am - she is on a fence post down the road. As we go for groceries almost every day, we make a stop going home to check in. I can get out of the car at the base of the light and she doesn’t spook. Just looks regal. Now I have to get a proper camera as the phone one is a joke. The first shot is from last year. The second about 20 mins ago. Detail is deplorable.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #9323 on: January 25, 2020, 01:42:33 AM »
Oh yes! You are connected to the real and actual world, because (very obviously) that owl is part of that. Revel in it, and rightly so!
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #9324 on: January 25, 2020, 04:11:26 AM »
I got to have my first fantasy battles game since I moved in 2017. Nurgle beastmen vs Chaos undivided. After several turns of beating the living daylights out if each other, the beastmen won by a very slim margin.
The man of the match on the undivided side was the general; he hacked through several gors
The man of the match on the nurgle side was defiantly the Shaggoth. I'm thinking of renaming him with some tacky baseball pun. He was smacking chaos warriors into orbit.
[sigh] My work schedule is so busy I don't know when I'll get to follow this one up