home

Author Topic: Contrast Paint  (Read 8810 times)

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
Re: Contrast Paint
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2019, 08:21:35 AM »
Ummm , nice
Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline Guildenstern

• Members
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2019, 10:53:36 AM »
I still don't get it. The new colors are good. But I have the same effect already, when I thin down the old colors also using a spit of dish soap in the wet pallet, right?
Guildenstern
My Blog

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2019, 12:04:45 PM »
I still don't get it. The new colors are good. But I have the same effect already, when I thin down the old colors also using a spit of dish soap in the wet pallet, right?

This is what I've understood. You can also get the same kind of effect by adding a little bit of normal colour to a GW shade. But it definitely saves time and need for practice to have the product ready in a bottle. Since many don't want to spent that much time on painting, this product has a big audience. It's probably every way as usable and successful as the GW washes/shades. (Which you don't need at all if you know what to do with the dish soap or similar craft diluters.)

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Rutgar of Wissenland

• Members
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2019, 12:22:14 PM »
From my understanding, there are numerous ways to get the same effect, but this is already made and comes in a bottle.  Many people don't know the other techniques nor have the tools (wet pallet). This is easy mode.

If you are someone who knows how to paint and enjoys painting, this is not for you.   This is meant for people who don't want to spend much time on painting.   Prime it and then one coat of contrast paint and you are done.  Not amazing, but not bad.

I know plenty of people that have piles of minis unpainted.  This will help a lot.  This is actually getting me to paint my minis as I don't want to paint 5 layers if white and 3 layers of grey.

Offline Guildenstern

• Members
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2019, 08:00:33 PM »
So I don't have to change my style. Use this technique since the beginning. That's why I preferred white primers, when we only had black or white.

And I still do green bases..but i also paint only  2 mini a year
Guildenstern
My Blog

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2019, 12:26:48 PM »
Saw a guy working with the contrast paints yesterday, and it looked better than I expected.  He was painting the creatures from the new W:AoS skirmish game, believe it is called Warcry! or some such.  They seemed to be coming out quite good.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra