home

Author Topic: The Great Confluence - Australia - Regional Organisation  (Read 12999 times)

Offline Reynard_of_Bogenhafen

• Members
Re: The Great Confluence - Australia - Regional Organisation
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2007, 01:26:44 AM »
275th

reckon we should have a comp for the lowest number?
Reynard Von Ruggbroder: Von Klaust's laurels of acclamation, bearer of the crimson ribbon, the shield of Valkin, keeper of the scroll of ludendorf, The eagle of Magnus, The Kannagheim Death's Head.

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2007, 02:05:37 AM »
275th

reckon we should have a comp for the lowest number?

Based on whose posted here, you're probably the lowest Empire player. Congrats to you sir *bows*
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

Offline MrAnderssen

• Members
  • Stirland River Patroler
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2007, 04:41:14 AM »
I got 274 when I registered at 10am but wuld have got lower because I was about to register at 6 but waited for feedback on the army tag problem.

If you want to see you Id card. Log into the uk site and it shows a pic like this

Mr.Anderssen

Offline Sir Seigfried

• Members
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2007, 06:59:25 AM »
how do u figure out wat number u r? :o

Offline Tillmann Spyri

• Members
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2007, 07:01:54 AM »
it's under account details.

Offline CaptScott

• Members
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2007, 07:08:25 AM »
Just letting you guys know I've dropped into Bugmans and Da Warpath (Great Confluence Regions) and asked them to mention the Hunters of Sigmar in their fluff if possible, especially around Benedicts retreat.  In return I've said we will be willing to put some of their regional specific fluff in our reports if possible.

I'll let you guys know what they say, I might even approach a few other active Great Confluence forums to see if they could do the same.

Also, is there any other fluff we want others to mention (names/regiments etc)?
2010 - The year of Empire.
2011 - The year of Empire!

Offline MrAnderssen

• Members
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2007, 07:09:56 AM »
Stirland River Patrol is occupying the ruined fort, So anyone with fluff in that area can mention them if they want.

Mr.Anderssen

Offline Sir Seigfried

• Members
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2007, 07:34:07 AM »
it's under account details.

is it the number at the end of ur ID code? if it is i am 343 =o

Offline Tillmann Spyri

• Members
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2007, 07:52:17 AM »
That's the one.

I got number 13 :icon_wink:

Offline Sir Seigfried

• Members
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2007, 08:34:41 AM »
That's the one.

=o gratz! hope 13 isnt unlucky for u =p

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2007, 08:53:50 AM »
That's the one.

Oh, you didn't...that's my lucky number :(
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

• Members
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2007, 10:12:32 AM »
Guess thirteen trumps all  :eusa_clap:

Is this ruined fort Steinberg, if so then we are occupying it together MrAnderssen,

also have additonal background for the fort, seeing as it might come in handy.

Fort Steinberg:

Built upon the ruins of a dwarven castle from before the time of sigmar, it has been the staging ground of some of the Empire's less notorious, but by no means less glorious, campaigns.

It was here during the SoC that Gustav Von Hydenburg, a little known or remember general, fell against his arch-enemy the brayshaman Shikurh. His body remains in a dedicated shrine, the survivors of the battle return year after year to commemerate his deeds. For the unkown soldier Steinberg is a beacon of strength and duty.

So, It falls to Reynard to strengthen the bulwark once more. From this point the common soldiers of Bogenhafen are marshalled. Beset as they are from all sides they struggle daily to restore the fort back to it's former glory.
Reynard Von Ruggbroder: Von Klaust's laurels of acclamation, bearer of the crimson ribbon, the shield of Valkin, keeper of the scroll of ludendorf, The eagle of Magnus, The Kannagheim Death's Head.

Offline chaoticRunesmith

• Members
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2007, 10:53:20 PM »
i am fluff writer for the Chaos Dwarfs of the Great Confluence, so i thought i would come over here after hearing Capt Scotts post over at Da Warpath when he said the hunters of Sigmar are ocupying Benedicts retreat
the chaos dwarfs (and some Orcs and Gobos) in week 1, so are there any empire players in that area in that time? if there are could they please mention the chaos dwarfs and the Hammer of Hashut, a great submersible that landed the chaos dwarf combat engineers within the Great Confluence, right next to Benedicts Retreat
the back ground of the Hammer of Hashut is as follows:
Deep within the docklands of Zharr Naggrund, Arcane Engineers had been working for many centuries on developing a submersible capable of safely transporting Chaos Dwarf armies around the world. After many failed attempts, they finally met with success leading to the creation of the Hammer of Hashut. This submersible dwarfs many ships built by the lesser races, capable of transporting nearly two hundred Dawi Zharr. Its was forged from the blackest iron, and has been designed to travel up relatively shallow rivers with quite a flat profile. Thus allowing it to travel deep into enemy territories and remain virtually undetected as it surfaces at night to replenish the air.

When the Hand of Hashut ordered it to be used for the coming campaign, it began the long voyage north out of Uzkulak and towards the Sea of Claws. Its first stop was to drop off engineers, warriors and building supplies on the coast of Norsca. These Chaos Dwarfs being tasked with building a defendable base capable of holding hundreds of troops and thousands of slaves. This being a forward base so the Hammer of Hashut would have a shorter distance to travel in order to bring reinforcements and supplies.

The Hammer of Hashut then began the dangerous voyage into the Empire; travelling through Marienburg and Altdorf on the massive River Reik. After passing through Altdorf it travelled on the River Stir before moving onto the River Talabec and eventually arriving in the Great Forest. Here it dropped off many more Dawi Zharr, also tasked with building a fortified base capable of being a staging point for further offensive ground movement in the search for the Nemesis Crown.

It would make this voyage many more times during the coming war; dropping off troops and then returning to the base in Norsca with slaves and wounded.

so if anyone in Benedits Retreat would mention the chaos dwarf and Orcs and Goblins (but mostly chaos dawrfs :-D ) attacking Benedicts Retreat in week 1 i would be thankful

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2007, 11:39:57 PM »
Always good to see that Chaos Dwarf players are still alive and kicking. We'll make sure to mention in anything we post about BR.

In other news
-Initial dispatch is up on the Campaign site, just in case anyone missed it. Guess those back-end problems weren't as bad as we'd feared
-Battles have already been fought and won in the Confluence...Empire is currently equal-third, tied with O&G on 3.0 and behind Dwarves and Skaven on 11.0. All other races are yet to record a battle.
-One Empire player has posted results(don't think they're one of us) ...two losses so far
-Just had a quick look over the other regions...fairly tightly contested. Druchii, OK, High Elves and Beastmen are all leading a region.

Right, now I need to get some battles in...

Offline MrAnderssen

• Members
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2007, 05:26:21 AM »
I think it seems odd that this malus darkblade fellow has won seven straight massacres in the first day

Mr.Anderssen

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2007, 05:59:52 AM »
I think it seems odd that this malus darkblade fellow has won seven straight massacres in the first day

Mr.Anderssen

I think (know) that people are posting up results from before the campaign started. That's the only way I can explain that many results being recorded on the first day.

Offline MrAnderssen

• Members
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2007, 06:26:40 AM »
To Reynard

Is this ruined fort Steinberg, if so then we are occupying it together MrAnderssen,

I will incorperate this into our fluff, is there anything you would like me to write about you in my story, eg, characters, personalities, army size, units etc

congratulations on your two wins today, but if we want to hold our ground then we should put stienburg as the landmark.

Mr.Anderssen

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2007, 11:15:51 PM »
Well folks, we're looking pretty good. Second behind the OK, and just ahead of the High Elves. Congrats to Reynard...he seems to be the most highly rated of us all (at least as far as I can see....apologies if I missed someone!).

Offline MrAnderssen

• Members
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2007, 12:07:28 AM »
I am so annoyed. I was knocked out skating yesterday and have busted my arm. I an't help out for a while guys. sorry.

Mr.Andserssen

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2007, 06:49:56 AM »
I am so annoyed. I was knocked out skating yesterday and have busted my arm. I an't help out for a while guys. sorry.

Mr.Andserssen

Damn, that's no good...what sort of skating? Inline is great fun :). The campaign is plently long enough, I'm sure you'll be able to get in on it with us.

Offline Sir Seigfried

• Members
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2007, 09:54:25 AM »

Mr.Andserssen

Damm, that sucks man. Hope you heal up nice and quik :(

and like strech said, Its gonna be a long battle. till then we'll fight twice as hard to make up the gap left by u :D

Offline MrAnderssen

• Members
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2007, 10:14:52 AM »
thanks, I was just skateboarding. i hope to get a battle next week.

Mr.Anderssen

• Members
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2007, 04:03:07 AM »
I'm going strong, only one draw so far...

That would probably be the biggest battered pudding hurl I've ever played in!

Thanks for the congratulations!

I've been lucky and had an old friend move back to a reachable distance, so he's been coming around to my place or vice versa each day after work, He's still getting used to the new rules so easy victories against the orcs for another week or two. (and after that as well, lol, I love my tourney list!  :icon_twisted:)

Bad news with the broken arm MrAnderssen.

Much as I'd like to incorporate Steinburg, right now it's not actually a site I can place a battle upon (I've been calling it steinburg in battle reports!) and Flusgard is the closest site to it, so when I play my Bogenhafen list I put down Flusgard, when I trashed Borg again with my knightly order we both felt it was best to say benedicts retreat due to the fact its the Hunter's stronghold...

MrAnderssen: Add men from bogenhafen to your reports, the odd company sent out to fight with you under Reynard's authority (we are river folk too!) I'll do the same with my next report with stirlander river patrols giving me co-ordinates to attack.

Reynard comes across as a hard man but an honest one who would never ask more than he'd expect of himself. Blonde and bearded.

Add a fire wizard (if you use one) by the name of Gerhard if your wizard does something worthy of note. He's always nervous, glum, and twitchy.

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2007, 10:26:35 AM »
Well, I'm happy to report that I've got my first battle in...a draw against a nasty little Bret army my mate's put together. Hoping to get a few wins in soon :)

• Members
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2007, 12:36:24 AM »
Good job Stretch, I find brets pretty hard to win against at the best of times and I used to play 'em.

I've put a couple of shots up on the painting sector of my army if you guys would like to see whats been smashing greenskin heads in the south, its the list i'll be using in a tourney a week from now. Im hoping for a painting award of some form but I'm not sure what the competition will be like, we have jamie downward to compete with so the best I can hope for will be a second of third.

I just read the funniest thing in this whole nemesis crown campaign to date, Alucard von carstein wrote this big chunky piece of background, empire, with over ten pieces of artillery, being taken on by dark elves and VC's allied, the last line of alucard's report was along the lines of shadowblade proved his worth...

The empire guy replied thusly: Hiding in cannon crew is cheap

Poor bloke!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 01:01:28 AM by Reynard_of_Bogenhafen »