home

Author Topic: Dinner!  (Read 23114 times)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: Dinner!
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2017, 08:33:00 PM »
We are having said 'dirty' rice with salmon plus a natcho chip dip with refried beans, sour cream, avacado layer salsa and cheese 😸

Above sounds delish!
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2017, 01:26:37 PM »
Sounds tasty! :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2017, 01:46:07 PM »
Boiled rice with boiled chicken, home made tomato sauce and pickled cucumbers. Wash it down with light tea.

I'm crying inside.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2017, 02:11:27 AM »
I started dinner way too late this evening, but making an oven roast on a bed of potatoes and carrots flavored with butter, salt, and tarragon.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2017, 02:19:52 AM »
I started dinner way too late this evening, but making an oven roast on a bed of potatoes and carrots flavored with butter, salt, and tarragon.

I think roast may be my favorite. Had a family dinner tonight - salmon salad, roast potato salad, cabbage, pork and chicken with green pepper chutney and a rubarb chutney which were out of this world!
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2017, 07:57:58 AM »
Had a family dinner tonight - salmon salad, roast potato salad, cabbage, pork and chicken with green pepper chutney and a rubarb chutney which were out of this world!

Wasn't it a bit tricky eating it with the helmet on ........................  :engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2017, 12:28:53 PM »
Ha!ha!👆
Usually it's after dinner when we don the armour. Frantically trying to remember what so & so said and why. They can be a doggy event at the best of times. Best eat and possibly enjoy ones last dinner.😸
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2017, 12:43:46 PM »
Isn't armor usually just worn while on campaign?

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2017, 12:44:49 PM »
Ha!ha!👆
Usually it's after dinner when we don the armour. Frantically trying to remember what so & so said and why. They can be a doggy event at the best of times. Best eat and possibly enjoy ones last dinner.😸

Armour ??  (Spelt correctly)  :biggriin:

You missed it - not that sort of helmet ............................ 

"Out of this world " 

Space   :engel:
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2017, 01:14:56 PM »
Ha!ha!👆

Armour ??  (Spelt correctly)  :biggriin:

You missed it - not that sort of helmet ............................ 

"Out of this world " 

Space   :engel:

Double whammy, I think they call it lol.
My poor feeble mind gets it now 😸
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2017, 09:10:25 AM »
Lime flavored and breaded chicken, carrots, and red potatoes.  The only thing missing was a nice white wine to go with it.  Maybe next time.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2017, 11:49:17 AM »
Chinese Hot Pot.

Basically a big bowl of broth split into 2. One side chicken soup with Shittake mushrooms, the other sichuan pepper and chilli. Order veges and proteins, but them in whichever side you fancy to cook, pull them out when done. So yummy, filling, and decent for you too (if you pick enough veges)
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2017, 11:46:55 AM »
I like soup, but not a fan of mushrooms.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2017, 01:23:43 PM »
Have you had shitake mushrooms before? The flavour is quite different from other mushrooms. We used to get enoki mushrooms for the spicy side, but they are quite expensive and easier to get a protein.
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2017, 01:34:46 PM »
Had a Mediterranean pizza. We have tried every pizza place in town (at least 6) but none had it quite right. Until Papa Sam's. A Greek guy who has two locations. I'll leave it in the words of my 12 year old stepdaughter. If god was ordering out, this is what he would get. It's that bloody good! Friday nights are usually our only order out night as everything else is home cooked. Nice break for the end of the week.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2017, 02:23:54 AM »
Nice one! Having been to Italy, as well as the best pizza places in Sydney, i also get quite frustrated with bad pizza.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2017, 07:07:22 AM »
I do enjoy a good Sichuan hotpot when I get the chance. Usually in Sichuan they don't bother with the white broth side. Some places do it though.

Japanese hotpot (nabe) is good too, very different and not at all spicy.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2017, 07:23:13 AM »
Have you had shitake mushrooms before? The flavour is quite different from other mushrooms. We used to get enoki mushrooms for the spicy side, but they are quite expensive and easier to get a protein.
It's not he flavor I dislike, its the texture.  I enjoy mushroom flavored gravy.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2017, 07:24:05 AM »
Had a Mediterranean pizza. We have tried every pizza place in town (at least 6) but none had it quite right. Until Papa Sam's. A Greek guy who has two locations. I'll leave it in the words of my 12 year old stepdaughter. If god was ordering out, this is what he would get. It's that bloody good! Friday nights are usually our only order out night as everything else is home cooked. Nice break for the end of the week.
Sounds like a good place!

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2017, 06:44:45 AM »
I do enjoy a good Sichuan hotpot when I get the chance. Usually in Sichuan they don't bother with the white broth side. Some places do it though.

Japanese hotpot (nabe) is good too, very different and not at all spicy.

Of course. Very hot though I imagine!

And yeah, the Japanese one is nice, but the Chinese one is a bit more fun. Which one do you go to sig? We go to the one at Burwood.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2017, 07:06:21 AM »
Haha, my wife's uncle was working at the Burwood one (Sichuan Restaurant it's called?) illegally. He's back in China now though. It's a nice place, assuming it's the one I'm thinking of. The owner has or had control of the Red Chilli Sichuan chain as well.

For Japanese I just make it myself. For Chinese we sometimes go to Thumbs Up Hotpot in Chinatown though Burwood is better. There are a few in Chinatown that are ok. I found Burwood a bit salty but otherwise quite authentic so I'd just keep going there. One option is to get the hotpot pre-cooked, where you just select ingredients and it comes out in a bowl already cooked in the sauce, so you can just eat.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2017, 11:15:27 PM »
While making fish tacos I discovered a new form of life. A hybrid mix of radish and onion. Behold - The Radion !

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2017, 10:37:08 AM »
This thing looks insanely happy. :biggriin:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2017, 11:40:01 AM »

A few minutes after this happy photo, he was reduced to chewed core. I looked at my wife and asked ‘how could you?’
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2017, 12:10:09 PM »

A few minutes after this happy photo, he was reduced to chewed core. I looked at my wife and asked ‘how could you?’

:unsure:

Gneisenau