home

Author Topic: Is it worth Getting a pistol for a mounted character?  (Read 2979 times)

Offline Cedrikvonkreig

• Members
Is it worth Getting a pistol for a mounted character?
« on: September 23, 2010, 09:52:35 PM »
If someone (i.e. the General or Captain) was on a barded warhorse... would it be a good Idea to get a Pistol for the character? on a capisus I would see why that's a good Idea... but if they're in a unit of knights is that tactically sound?

Offline Johedl

• Members
Re: Is it worth Getting a pistol for a mounted character?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 10:40:50 PM »
You can get a stand and shoot. But why hold back your knights from marching so you can shoot? He can not use the pistol as an additional hand weapon in close combat from horseback and will not fire it often so another state trooper for the same point might be better.

Offline Cedrikvonkreig

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 04:49:51 AM »
so... basically pointless...

Offline Sigurd Rose

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 12:55:44 PM »
Sometimes that single shot can make the difference between fighting a superior foe, enemy, or monster or not fighting at all. 

For example Lets say a Giant comes charging at your unit and you have a mounted Captain. The Giant is already wounded and has one wound left, you stand and shoot and manage to kill the Giant. Pistol = worth it.

If opponent ask you: "What's that crazy orange unit you got there?"

Answer him something like that: "It's Meatgrinder baby. You're the Meat and I'm the Grinder"

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 09:23:03 AM »
Sometimes you can take a rank off the enemy too with that one shot.

IMO though, I don't spend my points on it. But its nice to have the option.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.