home

Author Topic: New Army Book?  (Read 3362 times)

Offline Jlmaster1990

• Members
New Army Book?
« on: May 11, 2009, 07:10:21 AM »
I keep hearing rumors of a new empire army book. Does anyone have any proof? It seems early to be redoing the empire book but, then again GW does some weird stuff. What do you guys think?
In life you have 2 choices. Live or Die. Guess which one I chose?
Mesa Citadel Gamers Club President
mcg.24ex.com

Offline typo

• Members
Re: New Army Book?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 07:16:30 AM »
There are people discussing what should be done with it... but I've heard nothing about it actually being released anytime soon.

So far as I'm aware, it's Skaven and Beastmen next in the pipeline for fantasy.

Offline Qrab

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 12:35:02 AM »
Perhaps you're hearing about the new book on uniforms of the Empire?

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 12:43:45 AM »
We wont get a new book until the next edition comes out.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Syn Ace

• Members
  • Misinterpreting GW rules since 1991
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 01:28:51 AM »
According to historical patterns, the new edition comes out, then the Empire is the new kid on the block for a few months, and then other beefier kids, some who eat their cornflakes doused with steroids and sprinkled with warp stone, begin moving into the neighborhood and start trying to flush our heads in the school toilet.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes.

— Popularly but incorrectly attributed to William Gibson

Offline Toro_Blanco

• Members
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 02:25:12 PM »
No new rulebook yet, but we are (in theory anyway) getting close to 8th edition, which WOULD necessitate a new rulebook.  Because it is likely that 8th edition rules are being developed, we've begun discussing what changes should be made to better improve and balance the Empire army.

Not much of a discussion if you ask me; I think the Empire army is one of the most balanced we have, and requires minute tweaking at best.  We have our strengths, our weaknesses, and multiple realistic options to be competitive against similarly balanced foes (I don't count requiring two stanks, a pope on popemobile, and WPs/scroll caddies because you only "need", as in cannot realistically compete without, that list against overpowered foes like VC and daemons).

Good army, good setup, but it's time to talk about what we want next.  So, the new boards below are the place to be if you're one of the cool kids, or if you just really, really, really want pikes and don't think the 400 or so times you've said it before were evidence enough of that.
The first school of thought is that the ragged-assed Stirlanders, not having two coppers to rub together, nicked it when an elven envoy was passing through the area and had hopped off it to take a pee behind a tree

Offline Vazaal

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 03:09:31 PM »
At the earliest late 2011, more likely 2012. (My guess;-))

The 8th edition rulebook is for summer 2010.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 03:26:48 PM by Vazaal »