home

Author Topic: Scenic Bases - Any Recommendations?  (Read 805 times)

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
Scenic Bases - Any Recommendations?
« on: July 27, 2021, 04:39:16 PM »
Good people of the Forum.

I'm looking to source some 25mm round bases, specifically trying to find something woodland/ forest themed with branches, logs etc. I'm talking sculpted/moulded 'ready made' scenic bases that I just need to paint.

I've found these below from a place called 'back to base-ix' but they're all the way over in Aus and I don't need a lot of them, so I was just wondering if anybody could recommend anywhere I could source something similar, closer to home (UK) that I should take a look at?

Thanks in advance all :::cheers:::
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 03:58:42 PM by Jmash »

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
Re: Scenic Bases - Any Recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 03:59:22 PM »
No suggestions from anybody? :unsure:

Sorry - I'm just feeling needy :-P

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 04:06:13 PM »
Go to ebay and do a search, like "forest bases 25mm round". Or try thingverse and etsy. These are made by a myriad of little companies and persons, and they come and go. Some 3d designers sell printing rights, so you might get them ready printed nearby.

I've got some nice 20mm squares, could be from early Scibor. They make many types, don't know if they make exactly what you want.

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 09:18:35 AM »
Thanks Zyg

I found those pictured on eBay and have had a bit of a search online to no avail unfortunately. I found a few independent producers and some re-sellers but none were quite what I'm looking for just yet.

Mainly just wondered whether anyone on here has any good go-to producers that don't always show up very high on the searches and don't sell via eBay...

Maybe I'll just stop being lazy and spend a bit more time on the hunt or just bite the bullet and order those from Aus. :biggriin:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 11:44:16 AM »
Try this ... by Gamers Grass ... https://www.gamersgrass.com/

I recently picked up a package of these blanks in 25mm round ... https://www.gamersgrass.com/product-category/resin-bases/rocky-fields-resin/

And these look great if you're looking for something you don't need to do any work upon ...

https://www.gamersgrass.com/product-category/battle-ready-bases/highland/

They have lots of choices there for their "battle ready" range.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2021, 12:46:53 PM »
Thanks GP.

I've just had a look at their ranges, bases aren't quite what I need but their range of tufts and basing materials is pretty cool. Particularly liking the wildflowers and shrubs side of things, when I come to basing my models I definitely wanted to include that sort of aesthetic so will be saving these to favourites :::cheers:::

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2021, 02:23:54 PM »
I have some of their tufts and flowers as well, ordered some from a local guy recently too, good stuff!
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2021, 02:44:41 PM »
Scribor Poland
Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.