home

Author Topic: Orc Migration (fluff cooperation)  (Read 4998 times)

Offline CaptScott

• Members
Re: Orc Migration (fluff cooperation)
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2007, 07:52:01 AM »
Good to see some more inter-site cooperation going on, especailly with one of our 'enemies'.   :icon_biggrin:
2010 - The year of Empire.
2011 - The year of Empire!

Offline Rocky

• Members
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2007, 05:20:51 PM »
Eric von Edenbar of the great castle Reiksguard at your service.  I volunteer my services for Reikland but i will probably not be able to do much as my green skin brother and my self already have a great campaign battle system set up and i will be fighting his massive orcs for a long time to come in hope of stoping them in reaching the forest to find the crown.  his and all other orc armies I come across.  I will not let them cross the Reik.
If it's skin is green blow it up!!!!!!

Offline Rocky

• Members
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2007, 05:28:05 PM »
I am not great at writing fluff but I do tend to have good ideas so you have my support Wissenlander I will try to come up with some things that will help you out.

P.S.
would you liked the stories private messaged to you or posted on this discussion.
If it's skin is green blow it up!!!!!!

Offline Jerok

• Members
  • Captain Campaign
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2007, 08:41:47 PM »
This is great guys, though i'm renaming the thread to keep it organized (big organization day for me here.)

Once you guys have this sorted out if Wissenlander can send it to me i'll read it over then, and probably forward it to the Narrators.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2007, 11:52:37 AM »
Rocky:  You can either PM me or post it here, either way.  Anyone else who wants to contribute just let me know.  I'm going to get some ideas working today.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Mark Perry

• Members
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2007, 12:47:45 PM »
I had a 2K battle with O&G using the migration fluff, where would you like the report?

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2007, 01:04:56 PM »
Post it here, Mark.  That'll be fine with me.

Or, if anyone wants to PM me any fluff write ups they have for this, feel free.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 05:35:37 PM by wissenlander »

not together.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2007, 01:58:07 PM »
This is what I've got thus far.  If anyone else wants to help out just send me something.  Thanks to Warboss Kurgan for some editing work and Sir Seigfried for the letter that Ortolf recieved!  Sorry I didn't mention you earlier Sir Seigfried.

The sun was setting off in the distance as a small troop of horse archers hurried towards Wittenhausen. Around the town and along the riverbank were tents of the Wissenland Home Guard. Men finished their duties of the day as they went off to their tents to have a few minutes of relaxation before bunk time.

The horsemen, lead by the young Ruderick Floren, weaved through the camp and headed towards a small cabin on the outskirts of the town. The cabin was reminiscent of an ant hill, as quickly as one man exited another entered. The troop stopped abruptly outside of a small fence that outlined the cabin’s property line. Ruderick jumped off gallantly, taking his thick leather gloves from his hands.

“Erik,” stated the young lieutenant. “Take the horses into the stables over there. Get the men a quick bite to eat.”

The man did as he was told, grabbing the reigns of his superior’s horse and leading the others off to the stables behind the house. Ruderick hurried into the cabin as another man rushed out carrying a parchment.

Inside the cabin a flurry of activity was taking place. Men were writing up orders and handing them to couriers who dashed out and quickly mounted on awaiting horses. Back in the far corner stood a group of men looking over a map by the dim candlelight. Lieutenant Ruderick began walking his way back, dodging several men as they bolted for the door when he was suddenly stopped by a large man.

“What’ya think you’re doin’ here,” questioned the stout veteran as he stepped in front of Ruderick

“I have a message for Marshal von Brennenburg,” stated the Lieutenant with a grimace upon his face.

“Alright,” the man frowned. He grudgingly stepped aside and went about his business as Ruderick half sprinted to the gathering in the corner.

“Sire,” Ruderick Floren stated with a salute across his breast. “I bring you word from Seigfried Von Heftigkeit.”

Marshal Ortolf von Brennenburg looked past his two subordinates that stood at the table and looked at the young horseman that held out his parchment. The grizzled veteran of many campaigns stepped from behind the table and accepted the parchment and read in a whisper.

“Herr Ortolf,

I hear you are the man to talk to regarding the safety of the southern provinces of Wissenland and Averland,” he stopped momentarily and glanced at the young horsemen and then continued.

“I shall be taking a company of my River Guard and Knights down to Serrig to investigate the area. I'll keep you informed of any further developments.

Seigfried Von Heftigkeit IV
Grand Master of the Altdorf Brotherhood of the Order of Gold Lion
Commander of the Altdorf River Guard"

Ortolf rolled the parchment up and looked confused at Ruderick. He handed the letter to one of his subordinates, then folded his arms and glared at Ruderick.

“Who in Sigmar’s name is Seigfried von Heftigkeit?”

Ruderick stood silent for a moment as he stared at Ortolf. He had heard stories of the man, but this was his first contact with him. He was a tall man, yet thin and always seemed to have stubble that came from not shaving in two or three days. His hair was fairly short and looked greasy, it was mostly grey now, with some hints of black in it. Ruderick snapped out of his trance for a moment, remembering where he was.

“I’m not quite sure, sire,” began Ruderick. “My troop encountered him near Trulben about three days ago. We sped in all haste to give you word. Barely got through two groups of greenskins in the process.”

“Alright, lad,” stated Ortolf as he laid his hand on the young man’s shoulder. “See your men get some rest. I’ll send for you in the morning.”

Ruderick saluted and walked quickly out of the cabin. Ortolf returned to his maps and shook his head and finally spoke.

“It’s nice to know that the Countess sends us aid without telling us,” he began.

“What is it, sir,” asked Adelbert Richen, commander of one of Ortolf’s brigades.

“This Grand Master hails from Altdorf and must’ve gotten word from the Countess to help out. A good way to get a war started between our peoples. Bumbling…. ” his last words trailed off.

“Yes, sire,” responded Ewald Wander, Preceptor of the Wissenguard. “It is good we have some support. The Orcs move oddly but aggressively. They do not seem to be attacking much, yet. It is strange. There is word that a large group has been heading through Averland along the Reik and may cross into Wissenland at any moment. My lord Karsten Hochstahl heads to Brennenburg now, as we speak, for a council of war,” the knight stopped for a moment and thought. “Is there any connection between the town and your name?”

“Aye, there is,” Ortolf snapped promptly. “We’ll break camp in the morning. Ewald, you take your troops and link up with Marshal Klippen at Ellwangen. His forces are undersized and are heading there at all haste. Adelbert, you bring your contingent with mine. We will move down to Rohrdoff. I will send you orders, Ewald. Send regards to your lord Ulf. I wish him safety and good health.”

The knight bowed properly to both men and left to get a good night’s rest. Ortolf slapped Adelbert on the shoulder and nodded his head, giving the man permission to look into some logistical issues before the march in the morning. Ortolf himself took a large swig of brandy that lay in a flask in front of him. It would be a long night and he needed all the spirit he could get.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 08:57:41 PM by wissenlander »

not together.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2007, 08:56:35 PM »
Part 2
Written by Soul Train of Nuln

The orcs plodded along the mountain pass with heavy, menacing steps.  Their numbers were great, dozens of loosely organized groups of greenskins marched behind ragged banners made of animal hides and bones.  The midday sun shone brightly above them, reflecting
poorly off the crude steel of their spears and axes. The sound was deafening.  Their harsh, guttural grunts and clamor of their clanking armor echoed with their forceful footfalls to fill the pass with the sound of their trek, as though storm clouds raged within the confines of the mountain itself.  One could scarcely hear the sound of the gentle brook that snaked its way through the center of the pass.

At the head of the column the greatest of the greenskins, clearly their war chief, clad in dark
brown bear fur and thick, rectangular armor plates, grimaced from beneath his tusked helm.  He bristled with anger as he strode over the dull gray landscape, another head and a half taller than the thickly armored orcs that made up his bodyguard.  None walked before him, save his banner bearer, holding a shaft twice as thick as a man’s arm, which bore the chieftain’s symbol painted in a bright blue dye: a shattered crag.

A slight distance above them, laying prone behind small patches of moss and shrubbery, a dozen men lay cloaked and silent.  They watched for quite some time, neither word nor sound coming from any of them as the great host moved beneath them.  Then, at a hand signal from their leader, they slowly began to inch away from the precipice and retreated from sight.

All around the encampment fires blazed.  Men were starting fires both to cook and keep watch by, while behind them the orange rays of the sun silhouetted the city of Dotternbach.  Captain Becker stood outside his command tent, the red and blue quartered eagle of his regiment gently waving in the evening breeze.  Standing comfortably outside, bereft of his usual boiled leather and chain mail, he spoke with a firm, commanding tone that came from years of experience, something that belied his clean-cut appearance and freshly shaven face.  He was consulting some of his closest aides when a young officer approached him, interrupting.

"Yes, Reiter, what is it?" Becker said with hardly hidden agitation at the young man standing at attention.

"Herr Becker, one of our scout groups has just returned, and they bring urgent word on orc movements."

"Excellent.  Where are they now?"

"Tending to their wounded and gathering more supplies."

"Take me to them."

With a nod to the group of men he had just been speaking with, Captain Becker followed the young officer to the north east edge of their encampment.  There, gathered around a small fire, noticeably apart from the Reiklanders, both in terms of space and dress, the Wissenlanders were gathered.  Their dull brown tunics and deep green cloaks clashed against the bright reds and vibrant blues of the Altdorf livery.  They sat in a small semicircle, talking amongst themselves when the two Reiklanders approached.

"Johann, it is good to see your men made it back safely," opened Captain Becker in a smooth, diplomatic tone.

"A testament to the skill of my men, Herr Becker," said Johann Schulman, his thick Wissenland accent grating against Becker's city-born ears. he rose from a low crouch to stand at his full height and, while not an imposing figure, his cold voice and determined stare, combined with his woodland garb, gave him a rather intimidating look.

Unsure of whether to take that as a reassurance given to Johann's men, or as a challenge to the quality of his own troops, Becker stifled a retort and continued in a business-like fashion, saying "What news do you bring from Gaubern pass?"

"News that is as confusing as it is dire, Herr Becker.  We spent much of the first few days scouting adequate lookout positions and escape routes when we happened upon a vanguard of Goblins on wolf-back.  We worried their hounds might catch our scent, so we ambushed them, and hid the bodies off the main path.  We had thought their disappearance might arouse suspicion amongst the greenskins, but considering how much they were bickering when we took them unawares, the orcs' lack of  concern was little surprise.  The orc column which followed in their wake was loosely organized and, though you might think me mad, somewhat leisurely for their ilk.  They seemed in no particular haste or harsh temperament, beyond their normal tenacity, of course.  They seemed more a herd than a horde, if there is such a thing for greenskins.  There numbers were too great for us to do more than observe, so we made haste through the smaller mountain passes back here.  The route was much longer, but we made good use of our time.  We managed to catch small groups of them, no more than a dozen or so, when they would stop to get water or empty their bowels, but when counted against so many...they were of no concern, surely.  Their purpose is hard to determine, though they will likely take the most direct tributary from Kerton's stream and arrive here in Dotternbach within 2 days time."

Captain Becker bristled visibly during Johann's report, though how much of it was from the news he brought and how much was from the oppressive stench of the orc urine that the woodsmen covered themselves in to hide their scent, it was hard to say.  He remained silent for much of the time, adding only an occasional "mmhm" or "I see".  Then, when Johann had finished talking, Becker brought a hand to his chin, stroking in thought at some phantom beard.  "This is all very interesting, Johann.  You and your men have done an excellent job.  I hope you can be just as successful tomorrow in your reconnaissance.  May Sigmar protect you."

"Let us hope," replied Johann, turning back to his men.

As Captain Becker and the younger Reiklander left the Wissenlanders behind, Becker's mind raced with the implications of what he had been told.  Reiter, struggling to match the pace of his commanding officer while retaining some air of authority about himself, remained quiet while Becker deliberated.  Upon reaching his command tent, now illuminated only by the camp fires and the dull light of Mannsleib lazily hanging in the night sky, Becker finally broke his silence.  "Reiter, go and fetch me a runner, Commander Ortolf von Brennenburg will want to hear of this at once.  Also, have another sent to Dotternbach.  Inform the master of the city watch of the greenskins' intentions and relay to him the urgency of the situation."

"Yes Herr Becker!" chimed the rigidly-standing Reiter, who then hurried off to carry out his orders.

Becker looked to the night sky, the stars as numerous as his ill-feelings about the coming days, and then entered his command tent.

not together.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2007, 09:00:17 PM »
Take note that Sir Seigfried helped me with the first part of this story.  My apologies for not pointing that out sooner!

not together.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2007, 12:54:14 AM »
Very nice!
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline Volkmar The Grim

• Members
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2007, 10:31:28 AM »
half my army is Averland and my general is a witch hunter if you guys can use that!!

also my other half is stirland and there hunting down dark elves nuthing big mostly scouting parties. :smile2: