home

Author Topic: Empire Mounted Characters Horse Size Compared to Knights  (Read 3067 times)

Offline greenknight

• Members
Empire Mounted Characters Horse Size Compared to Knights
« on: November 12, 2017, 01:58:53 AM »
Hello everyone,

I am currently working on an Empire/Bretonnia hybrid project and my knights are going to be the Bretonnian ones.
I want to include in my army the following characters: Valten on Elven steed & Empire horse, Ludwig Schwazhelm, Marius Leitdorf, Kurt Hellborg as well as the Mounted General of the Empire. I know for a fact that the Empire knight horses are much smaller compared to the Bretonnian ones. So what worries me is the size of the characters' horses. I really don't want those awasome models to look tiny next to the mounted Bretonian knights. So I am kindly asking for answers in case someone had the same issues before or even better some photos of the character's horses compared to the Empire or Bretonnian ones.

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 02:09:14 AM by greenknight »

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
Re: Empire Mounted Characters Horse Size Compared to Knights
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 09:40:24 AM »
The Empire, Bretonian and Elf horses are all roughly the same size. The only difference is going to be the mane's on the elf ones as they give the illusion of additional height

Offline scrubber

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 02:15:31 PM »
Have most of items you list, will take photo when home sometime next week. Down in Portsmouth puppy sitting.
If you are using the old Bretonnian horses then size shouldn't be a problem. I don't have any horses with the raised shield on, so they may be different size.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 03:49:23 PM »
The Imperial knightly horses do look smaller than the Bretonnian ones, although other Imperial horses seem to look more similar in size.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline scrubber

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 04:34:02 PM »
Pictures to show sizes.

Left to right. Elven Horse, Empire light Horse, Old Bretonnian Horse, Empire Armoured Horse, Ludwig and Kurt.
The Elven horse is the largest of the normal horses, and the two character horses are even larger.

This is the third Empire horses.

And last Empire armoured horse compared to character horses.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 04:37:22 PM by scrubber »

Offline greenknight

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2017, 06:59:25 PM »
Thank you so much!

So the character's horses are amazing and the size is really great compared to theBretonnian ones, they are not in anyway smaller but larger as it would fit to some special characters! I also saw some outrider/pistolier horses plus Valten on Elven steed today! I have to say that the elven steed size was generaly ok (just a little bit smaller but overall ok) and the outriders/pistolier horses without any barding were same size as the bretonnin ones! I think the smaller horses of all that have been mentioned so far are the empire's knightly orders!