home

Author Topic: What Miniatures Have You Bought Lately???  (Read 3098 times)

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
Re: What Miniatures Have You Bought Lately???
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2023, 02:23:04 PM »
Its not really a "bought" but I traded money for it so I'm counting it.

A buddy recently got out of warhammer and traded/gave/sold all his stuff to a second buddy. That buddy (while thrilled) only cared about one of the three armies. I thought he'd sold the other two, but when I was visiting the hometown over the weekend he surprised me with 1 of them in a box. In his mind, he didn't think that one should be sold outside of the group. its the one Buddy 1 used for over a decade and that we all played hundreds of games against. But Buddy 2 had no space to keep it, so he was passing it on to me. I didn't want to take a whole army for free, so I gave him some cash for it and he kicked half the cash back to Buddy 1. This keeps the army in the "circle", and if Buddy 1 ever changes his mind its available for him to reclaim.

And thats the story of how I got 2000 points of High Elves by surprise. Its a pretty solid army, although pretty beat up from spending the last few years in a box. I need to dig up my bitz to replace some weapons. Somehow 5 swordmasters all lost their swords. But its a fun mix of models from 6th-8th edition.

Either in 2009 or 2010, a friend of mine gifted me his failed Eldar and High Elf armies. He'd barely bothered to assemble either properly. Most of the miniatures had large dags, off-centre limbs and half-hearted paint jobs. Most of them got damaged as he'd stacked his pile of smutty motorcycle magazines on top of the box he'd been keeping them in, bending a lot of lances out of place and snapping the flight stands of the grav vehicles. Now i see why the elder races fear Slaanesh

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2023, 04:26:13 PM »
 :icon_lol: :icon_exclaim:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2023, 03:36:32 PM »
Found a box of the newest Cadian shock troops on sale at a local hobby store for $43.  It is no longer sitting on their shelf.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2023, 05:12:47 AM »
More Bolt Action stuff for my gargantuan Stalingrad exhibit.
There will be no victors ONLY victims