home

Author Topic: Foreign Ministry  (Read 66101 times)

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
Re: Foreign Ministry
« Reply #425 on: June 13, 2007, 03:34:48 PM »
The question is, does the Emperor know it's made of warpstone?  He knows it's a crown and we have the benefit of having a broader perspective as players.  But IC Imperials may not know what the heck is going on, which has been one of my points as an ambassador to other forums.  It's easy for the Dwarfs or Elves to say how evil it is, but when one doesn't know what it really is (officially) we have every reason to go searching for it and trying to harness it's power for good.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #426 on: June 13, 2007, 04:56:34 PM »
Good point. And hey, maybe the warpstone crown isn't such a bad thing afterall... Who ever said Warpstone corrupted anything? *nervous glance at skaven player*

What are the odds we find it anyways? Seems pretty lousy to be honest....
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #427 on: June 13, 2007, 05:01:38 PM »
The more wins, the more likely we are to take it.  Unless some sneaky skaven or night goblin snatches it out of someone's hand.  Most seem to think that one of the big three will win it, and we're one of the big three!  GW might want to throw a loop in there and give it to someone else...
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #428 on: June 13, 2007, 05:36:32 PM »
I'll probably get lynched for saying this... but I think the dwarfs will be favourites to get the most wins.

Not that they are a better army than Empire or O&G, but for novice players they are easier to play.  And I fear that the numbers may favour the hordes of novices playing each other over more experienced players.*

(* If GW sells 50,000 Helstorm Rocket Batterys in the next month I will change my prediction to Empire  :-P )
I fought in the NC war.. and all I got was this lousy sig...

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #429 on: June 13, 2007, 06:27:06 PM »
I'll probably get lynched for saying this... but I think the dwarfs will be favourites to get the most wins.

Not that they are a better army than Empire or O&G, but for novice players they are easier to play.  And I fear that the numbers may favour the hordes of novices playing each other over more experienced players.*

(* If GW sells 50,000 Helstorm Rocket Batterys in the next month I will change my prediction to Empire  :-P )
By your post I assume you weren't advocating the dwarves, merely saying they will win? Assuming so, then we might not lynch you...

I honestly have to agree with you that dwarves are one of the "easier" races to play, which will probably lend a lot to them winning. Like many other forum members I have taken up arms against them though, and hopefully the combined umph of our small forum will be enough to stop dwarf players in there tracks.

Really, the reason they will win is because of the plethora of new players who start by buying the battle for skull pass box, then the dwarves romp the gobbos, then they report. Thats the way I see it, but hey I have been wrong before

Either way I am going out of my way to beat on our local dwarf players, starting tonight....
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #430 on: June 13, 2007, 08:58:27 PM »

That's what I've been dreading as well - that it comes down to "who has the most powerfull armybook".

But look at the bright side: If every race is able to find the crown, not just the three protagonists, then the brets do have a good chance, and the High Elves a very slim.

Offline MiB

• Members
« Reply #431 on: June 13, 2007, 11:13:31 PM »
I've done my best but I cant seem to prod the TK forum along to actually *doing* something regarding fluff or objectives from the campaign

However if someone with a Warvault account could please get them to change the link in this topic to this one, there should be at least 2 characters for people to go up against or name in their reports
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 11:20:13 PM by MiB »

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #432 on: June 14, 2007, 12:15:54 AM »
By your post I assume you weren't advocating the dwarves, merely saying they will win? Assuming so, then we might not lynch you...
Absolutely.  I certainly don't want them to win, I'm all for the Empire.  Just, as you say, I think they are possibly favourites out of the "big 3" for the NC.
I honestly have to agree with you that dwarves are one of the "easier" races to play, which will probably lend a lot to them winning. Like many other forum members I have taken up arms against them though, and hopefully the combined umph of our small forum will be enough to stop dwarf players in there tracks.

Really, the reason they will win is because of the plethora of new players who start by buying the battle for skull pass box, then the dwarves romp the gobbos, then they report. Thats the way I see it, but hey I have been wrong before
Thats exactly what I fear.  In my area skull pass caused a surge in novice dwarf players.
Either way I am going out of my way to beat on our local dwarf players, starting tonight....
Good luck :)

That's what I've been dreading as well - that it comes down to "who has the most powerfull armybook".

But look at the bright side: If every race is able to find the crown, not just the three protagonists, then the brets do have a good chance, and the High Elves a very slim.
Somewhat.  I think it applies more to novice players.  IMO once people are beyond a certain stage its the better player that tends to win (with the usual element of fortune).

If the NC can be claimed by a faction outside the big three then I suppose one might guess that it would be one of the "usual" top 5 (WE, Brets, Skaven, LM, VC).  I'd say the NEB gives the Empire a decent chance on balance though.
I fought in the NC war.. and all I got was this lousy sig...

Offline Lord Alexander

• Members
« Reply #433 on: June 27, 2007, 07:28:23 PM »
You know what GW has already done the ending before the campaign was even launched. Thay don't care who has more wins and I'm sure that the crown will be destroyed or lost as not to disturb the current order of the world we know.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #434 on: June 27, 2007, 07:31:07 PM »
True, mostly.

Things like the Skaven Doomsphere and Grimgor besting Archy-boy were written during the Storm Of Chaos by the fan communtiy after all.  And those were/are important events!
I'm in college!

Offline MiB

• Members
« Reply #435 on: June 27, 2007, 10:36:22 PM »
I've just noticed that there is no DoW or even Chaos Dwarf option in reporting battles, do you reckon we can bombard GW with requests to change this?

Offline Erwin Moltz

• Members
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #436 on: June 28, 2007, 01:43:04 AM »
Ive read the first 3 pages of the thread and the last 3 this is what i got so far (please correct me if I'm wrong).

An alliance with the dwarfs if completely out of the question and hostility toward them is encouraged.

We are leaning toward an alliance with the bretts.

we don't trust the high elves and an alliance or non-aggression pact with the wood elves has not been ruled out.

we don't wont to work with lizard men.

Ogres have not been ruled out as an alliance. 

i just wanted to make sure all my data was accurate before i put my two cents in.

(once again please correct me if I'm wrong)
"the only good northmen is a dead northmen" - captain highberg

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #437 on: June 28, 2007, 01:53:24 AM »
Actually, check the Sticky below this labeled below this labeled "Alliances, Diplomatic Relations, etc."  It should answer most of your questions.

Welcome aboard lads!
I'm in college!

Offline Erwin Moltz

• Members
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #438 on: June 28, 2007, 02:23:38 AM »
As much as a distrust the Brett's i will not be hostile toward them.

i will kill every stunty i see.

As far as the wood elves are concerned i do not trust them at all. They simple don't care about anyones reasons for entering the great forest (which i do not recognize as wood elf territory). They are too arrogant or foolish to care that we are trying to destroy the corrupt crown and stop any evil force from recovering it
(which would be disastrous for every one!).  They will only interfere with the forces of light on the grounds that we are "trespassing" in the forest that BELONGS TO US! This is why i say the wood elves should not be trusted and that hostility toward them (which i strongly advise) needs to be considered.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 02:28:22 AM by Erwin Moltz »

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #439 on: June 28, 2007, 02:38:18 AM »
As much as a distrust the Brett's i will not be hostile toward them.

i will kill every stunty i see.

As far as the wood elves are concerned i do not trust them at all. They simple don't care about anyones reasons for entering the great forest (which i do not recognize as wood elf territory). They are too arrogant or foolish to care that we are trying to destroy the corrupt crown and stop any evil force from recovering it
(which would be disastrous for every one!).  They will only interfere with the forces of light on the grounds that we are "trespassing" in the forest that BELONGS TO US! This is why i say the wood elves should not be trusted and that hostility toward them (which i strongly advise) needs to be considered.

I warn you.  Anyone who does not respecting the domain of Athel Loren and the Guardians within does so at their own peril!  :ph34r:
I'm in college!

Offline Erwin Moltz

• Members
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #440 on: June 28, 2007, 02:42:29 AM »
I never claimed that the forest of lorn was empire territory, i said that we own the great forest and that they cant call us trespassers for fighting in the great forest. If we entered the lorn forest THAT would be trespassing.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #441 on: June 28, 2007, 02:47:40 AM »
I am more toward a policy that placates the Wood Elves.  They may yet come to our side. 

We must also remember, it is generally the grim and nigh-insane Forest Spirits that claim the most innocent lives of forest "tresspassers".
I'm in college!

Offline Erwin Moltz

• Members
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #442 on: June 28, 2007, 02:52:36 AM »
"We must also remember, it is generally the grim and nigh-insane Forest Spirits that claim the most innocent lives of forest "trespassers"."

The fact that the wood elves generally follow the example of the tree mutants does not make me want to kill them any less.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #443 on: June 28, 2007, 01:35:51 PM »
I see the Bretonnians are presently at #1.  Alright Bretts!
I'm in college!