home

Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving 2018!  (Read 1938 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Happy Thanksgiving 2018!
« on: November 21, 2018, 11:57:22 PM »
May everyone have a wonderful migratory people followed by a feast day! :icon_wink: :icon_lol:

Pass the turkey, mashed potatoes, succotash, and cranberry sauce, please. :icon_biggrin:

And pour me a glass of chardonnay too! :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: Happy Thanksgiving 2018!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 12:46:52 AM »
All on board!!

Quote GP: succotash
I heard the expression ‘suffrin succotash’ by our favorite tuxedo cat but what exactly is this ?
Sounds good!
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 01:22:12 AM »
Ha!  It's corn and lima beans mixed into one dish.  If I recall, it's a mixture served at the first Thanksgiving too.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 02:11:38 AM »
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 01:16:03 PM »
Yowza, who comes up with such ... stuff ... ing?

Online Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2018, 03:25:42 PM »
Pfft the REAL thanksgiving was back in October, but regardless you fine folks have an awesome time!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 03:32:44 PM »
I read Nathaniel Philbrick's "Mayflower: A Story of Courage, Community, and War" ... put me in a good spirit for Turkey Day. :icon_cool:

Although the second half of the book shows how much of a mess the area was in by 1676 during King Phillip's War.

Make's one understand why certain individual's aren't thrilled with migratory people, even though they might be fleeing persecution, and coming to a new way of living, such situation can bring quite the clash of culture, and so our task as humans might be to see how we can bring ourselves into a more balanced way of living, and feast together for the prosperity of all.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2018, 06:37:07 PM »
Watched the Macy's Parade on TV with my wife and daughter. I think My wife may be pregnant.

Context: when she was pregnant with my daughter she was so emotional that she ugly cried almost every 10 minutes when watching Moana.

Well the commercials caused several ugly cry moments which I started noting down a la the gay geese meme:

A commercial where a little girl wants to buy her mommy this expensive necklace from the jeweler but she has a tiny amount of money in her piggy bank so her dad sneakily buys it and puts the daughter's name on it in the from field. The mom opens the gift and thanks the little girl who smiles and gives her a big hug. Seeing her dad giving her a wink. My wife starts ugly crying. "That's so sweet" she managed to say between sobs.

Some time later during another commercial break: A kid is pulling a Paul Revere and is running through the whole neighborhood yelling for kids to come because "he's going to do it!" With many kids in tow, they enter this house where a special needs kid in his wheelchair game system beats a video game and everyone cheers for him and start doing a victory dance. My wife ugly cries again.
"Why are crying?" I asked.
she turns to me and sobbingly answered "He has friends!"

She almost lost it but kept composed during the Allstate thank you card to rescuers and firefighters but she kept it together.

About an hour later another commercial played. It was a woman getting a new perfume and meeting a guy. It cuts to them buying a Christmas tree in a lot and she's sneaking up to drop a snowball on his head while he's crouching and petting his golden retriever. Without turning around, he asks her if she found anything she liked yet and she just drops snowball to the ground because she got caught before she could do it. Then it cuts to him in their house with the dog and he's just sitting in the living room listening to music when she comes home quiet as a mouse trying to sneak by him and he says "welcome home." "How did you know it was me?" she asked and he just smiled. Then it cuts to her running out of the perfume and looking sad. Then it cuts to the man back at the store from the begging of the commercial wearing black sun-blocker glasses and his seeing eye dog buying more perfume and surprising her with it on Christmas day. My wife started bawling like a child. I asked her "Why are you crying?
"He was blind"

And finally near the end of the parade, there was a commercial I completely missed since I was looking at my phone and she just sobbed. I looked up and the commercial had already changed. I asked her what happened and she replied "Mom's on space station!" I laughed and asked her to explain. While sobbing she explained how the mom was on the space station and couldn't be there for the holidays for her kid so the kid sent her a snow globe and stuff to turn the space station into a snow globe.

So yeah, I think she may be pregnant or at the very least in a very emotional state.
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2018, 06:50:15 PM »
You are good to be so understanding. :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2018, 07:16:41 PM »
Sounds like twins, maybe triplets even.  :icon_razz:
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2018, 09:22:37 PM »
That was a good story Feanor 👆😹
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2018, 01:59:43 PM »
Had a loud yet lovely dinner last night at one of my sister's mother-in-law's place.  13 people, lot's of yummy food, plenty of noise.

Think I've had enough of that for at least one year.

In the background there was a movie on ... Ironman 3.  It seemed fairly boring.  Then we watched some football, which to be honest, wasn't much more entertaining.

Maybe I'm just getting old .. er. :icon_lol:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 08:30:35 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2018, 08:13:29 PM »
TURKEY poisoning is real  :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2018, 04:08:56 AM »
― Jake the Dog