home

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1312 times)

Offline GrombrindalPara

• Members
Hello!
« on: April 20, 2023, 10:06:24 PM »
Hi,

I'm from Venice, Italy.

I started to play with a "DeAgostini" collection around 2000/2001. It was one of those collection which got out a number every month with some miniatures.
It was love at first sight but very few models.

I played and painted with my brother but then nothing else for maaany years.

I was able to come back only like 10/15 years later with friends, playing 8th ed with proxies, second-hand miniatures, even post-it.
Then GW blew it all up.

Now many things have changed, I've sold all the useless/double/triple units two years ago to buy all the correct units for all my 6 armies (DoW, Bretonnia, Dwarfs, Orcs&Goblins, Ogre Kingdoms, High Elves) and since then I'm slowly painting all them up.
I've got a basement where I can paint everything and will soon get a 3D printer there too.

I'm here because I also always loved Marienburg and want to, this time, be part of a WHFB of sort in the real way.
So I'm also slowly preparing a Marienburg/Westerland army starting with the few Empire models i've got through bits and exchanges.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2023, 09:50:16 AM »
Make sure you've got ventilation for use with the 3D printer. I'm told from a chemical engineer friend of mine that says breathing in the fumes is not a good idea.  Another friend of mine has a 3D printing business out of his basement, and he has set up a contained area for it and ventilates the fumes through a specific air duct with a fan out of his basement.

Sounds like you've got some projects going.  We have a painting, crafting, and writing section elsewhere on the forums.

Welcome to W-E! :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra