home

Author Topic: Other Manufacturers  (Read 680787 times)

Offline Syphon

• Members
Re: Other Manufacturers
« Reply #2875 on: October 22, 2015, 08:39:24 PM »
I assume you mean Hoard o'  Bits?
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

Offline The Red Graf

• Members
  • Slava Ukraini, Alba gu brąth!
« Reply #2876 on: October 22, 2015, 09:44:17 PM »
I assume you mean Hoard o'  Bits?

I assume the same thing.
ultima ratio regum

Offline Warhammer-Weib

• Members
« Reply #2877 on: October 23, 2015, 05:26:12 AM »
Bitz sites! Anybody? I'm 100% done with bitzbox.co.uk. They never have anything in stock even though they always claim to have restocked.

Or you all could just PM DaTroll and tell him what you need. He's got a huuuuuuuge pile of bits boxes of all kinds of armies he wants to get rid of.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #2878 on: October 23, 2015, 12:54:04 PM »
I don't remember if anyone has posted the Diehard kickstarter yet...  :::cheers:::

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/diehardminiatures/diehard-miniatures-oldhammer-fantasy-miniatures

I can't believe I'm saying this, but... I really want just pledged for those Slann Eru-Kin. No idea what I would do with them, but I like the figures nonetheless.

Aaaaaannnnnnd.... it's cancelled. Email says they are reconsidering their goals & will be starting a new KS in early November.

They had over $10k in pledges, I would think that should be plenty enough to put those figures into production, so hopefull it works out next time.

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #2879 on: October 23, 2015, 01:44:35 PM »
Had a quick look at the campaign and it seems like they were overly ambitious with their stretch goals and the campaign success in general. Most minis didn't look that good to be honest.

About the bitz sites: bitzbox.co.uk is really not that great. I did manage to order twice from the guy and that worked fine for the most part, but usally everything is out of stock for months. With the introduction of AOS, the number of offered bitz from WHFB kits was halfed, which doesn't make the site any more attractive either, but I think that's a problem that all bitz-selling sites and shops have now.

Hoard 'o Bitz was great, before the US post drastically increased the shipping cost to Europe, which makes ordering from the US pointless.

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #2880 on: October 23, 2015, 02:58:19 PM »
Hoard 'o Bitz was great, before the US post drastically increased the shipping cost to Europe, which makes ordering from the US pointless.

Noticed that too. For an order of 27 dorra, I had to pay almost 15 dorra in shipping. So 42 dorra together...
I ultimately went for Megabitzshop, a German page. They sell whole mounts, not that single bit crap other sites do.

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #2881 on: October 23, 2015, 03:30:26 PM »
I don't know where you live, but I'm pretty sure that you would also have to pay import taxes in this case already - That's the next big problem when ordering from the US (or from any non EU country in my case).

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #2882 on: October 23, 2015, 03:53:13 PM »
I don't know where you live, but I'm pretty sure that you would also have to pay import taxes in this case already - That's the next big problem when ordering from the US (or from any non EU country in my case).

Possibly. Depends on how they ship it. It seems completely random at times. I did have to pay import on a game from the US, Dead of Winter (have NEVER played it...) but when I imported a rare video tape from Australia, no fees. Same for bitz from America, oddly enough.

Offline Silver Wolf

• Members
  • I see lead people.
« Reply #2883 on: October 24, 2015, 09:57:45 AM »
Any news about those Pro Gloria landsknecht sculpts?
"Watch the skies, traveler."
Check out my wargaming blog - The Forge of War

Offline Ursa Doom

• Members
  • From northern Sweden
« Reply #2884 on: October 24, 2015, 11:34:15 AM »
Any news about those Pro Gloria landsknecht sculpts?

They will be produced. Warlord Games just doesn't seem to have them scheduled in any recent future. Maybe they will be out 2017 at this rate?

Offline Westfalia

• Members
« Reply #2885 on: October 26, 2015, 01:31:59 PM »
Stefan, the former owner of Pro Gloria, told me that they'll reduce the number of models to save some money during mold making. can't really comment on the release date. :)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #2886 on: October 28, 2015, 05:37:01 PM »
This outfit has a 35% off sale on the figures ...  a mixture of fantasy and sci-fi items ...

http://tinminis.com/
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline The Red Graf

• Members
  • Slava Ukraini, Alba gu brąth!
« Reply #2887 on: October 28, 2015, 09:02:12 PM »
This outfit has a 35% off sale on the figures ...  a mixture of fantasy and sci-fi items ...

http://tinminis.com/

I found them a bit small to really field them with anything but Red Box or some of Hasslefree's smaller offerings.
ultima ratio regum

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2888 on: October 28, 2015, 09:12:14 PM »
Good to know, so probably more like the old Ral Partha series of 25mm figures, eh?

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2889 on: October 28, 2015, 09:37:50 PM »
The site states they are 32mm
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #2890 on: October 28, 2015, 10:35:27 PM »
I know that the Shieldwolf Ogres & lion riders have been posted here before. I was looking into the rest of their figures and when I saw these, they made me think of followers of Morr:

http://www.shieldwolfminiatures.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=13

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2891 on: October 29, 2015, 03:35:30 AM »
The site states they are 32mm
Yep ...
Welcome to Tinminis.com! Drawing our main inspiration from early 20th century science fiction, fantasy, and pulp literature, our goal at TinMan Miniatures ltd. is to provide a unique, quality alternative to the usual fare of minis available in the 28-32mm range. Our miniatures are made from a lead-free pewter alloy. They are not intended for children but are instead meant for collectors, painters, and gaming enthusiasts. Though we have several one-piece models, many others are sold as multi-piece kits and require some assembly and removal of flaws caused by the molding process. A minimal degree of modeling skill is recommended. Unless listed otherwise all of our miniatures are in 32mm scale where a six-foot tall man is about 32mm from the soles of his feet to the top of his head. Miniatures shown on our catalog pages have been inked and lightly brushed to bring out the details.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #2892 on: October 29, 2015, 03:44:23 AM »
20% off discount code at Ral Partha Europe. Good til Nov. 5.

http://www.ralparthaeurope.co.uk/shop/

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2893 on: October 29, 2015, 08:27:48 AM »
I let GP get away with a one-off, and now you're following suit.   :engel:

We have a sticky for these special offers, just a couple of threads up ............. 

http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php/topic,33589.0.html

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2894 on: October 29, 2015, 11:52:00 AM »
I goofed, my apology.  Saw that site with the fantasy/sci-figures for the first time, and partially because I'd picked up the sale that was running elsewhere.  Besides, I'd forgotten about the other thread.

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #2895 on: October 29, 2015, 12:48:27 PM »
20% off discount code at Ral Partha Europe. Good til Nov. 5.

http://www.ralparthaeurope.co.uk/shop/

Oh sweet. Always wanted me some Ral Partha stuff. They mix quite well with GW stuff, I hear.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #2896 on: October 29, 2015, 02:40:09 PM »
I know that the Shieldwolf Ogres & lion riders have been posted here before. I was looking into the rest of their figures and when I saw these, they made me think of followers of Morr:

http://www.shieldwolfminiatures.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=13

Not enough skulls. Why don't sculptors get it right?  :wink:
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #2897 on: October 29, 2015, 03:12:47 PM »
Come to think of it, neither skulls nor codpieces. And certainly not skull codpieces.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #2898 on: October 29, 2015, 03:14:41 PM »
I let GP get away with a one-off, and now you're following suit.   :engel:

We have a sticky for these special offers, just a couple of threads up ............. 

Sorry, just moved it there. I somehow hadn't noticed that thread, but will follow it from now on.

Oh sweet. Always wanted me some Ral Partha stuff. They mix quite well with GW stuff, I hear.

Some yes, some no. Some was even sold by GW at one point.

One of the other good things about Ral Partha Europe is that they've expanded beyond the old Ral Partha ranges and also include figures from Das Schwarze Auge, Heartbreaker and others.

But with that in mind, I think the scale of the figures varies a bit.

Not enough skulls. Why don't sculptors get it right?  :wink:

When you're enough of a badass to wield two scythes, your minimum skull quota is lowered.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2899 on: October 29, 2015, 08:58:39 PM »
It was only a gentle jibe guys - Darius created the thread and I stickied it as I thought we should all help each other to enjoy bargains.

In fact I am all for them being promoted in as many places as deemed appropriate so this thread qualifies too.