home

Author Topic: Thank You Thread  (Read 4696 times)

Offline clausewitz

• Members
Thank You Thread
« on: August 07, 2007, 01:52:15 PM »
The Nemesis Crown campaign is finished. Now we can just wait for GW to write the great, inspiring conclusion story.  :wink:

So rather than clutter up any other threads I though I would begin this one to say thanks to those that have made the NC campaign most enjoyable.

Thanks to Jerok for gettings us at w-e started.

Thanks to my regional commander Veldemere (and my fellow sub-commander Tostig), for keeping us on track and informed in the Barren Hills.

Thanks to Wissenlander, for all his effort as Talabec Borders commander and everything else.

And well done to our other regional commanders as well.

Thanks to Michael for his newsletter.  It was very entertaining.

Thanks to all the foreign ambassadors for visiting.  FVC, Blackthorn, Giladis, Kurgan and Goomb, Tillman etc.  Discussions between the forums makes the campaign all the more interesting.

And, finally, thanks to all my fellow generals that contributed.  I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I.
I fought in the NC war.. and all I got was this lousy sig...

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
Re: Thank You Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 02:00:53 PM »
Seconded.

Thanks to everyone who helped me in this campaign.  I won't even begin to go into detail, because I'm sure I'll leave someone out.  I've had help from the beginning with fluff, tactics/strategy, ambassadoring, etc. and believe me, every little bit helped.  So thanks again for everyone's help, you all know who you are....

And even if you don't, I thank you anyway. :wink:
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 05:27:50 PM »
Wissenlander is awesome.  You ran a tight campaign.

Happy to be a part of it, good to fight beside Good people.  The Bretonnians showed they are a staunch ally and this will not be forgotten by the Empire.   

To all the men of Helstrom's 4th, from the Black Company to the staunch men of Reikland to the Halflings of the Moot to the foot soldiers of Stirland, I salute you! 

Now, let's get drunk!
I'm in college!

Offline Mark Perry

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 06:45:08 PM »
Thanks all great effort by all, I hope, think we did ok looking at the board.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 06:49:58 PM »
Definitely finished strong, good work by everyone!
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Patch

• Members
  • What would Chuck Norris do?
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 10:21:30 PM »
Hans Von Wynter of the Altdorf 2nd Division, standing down the ranks and files.
Can we leave this damned Tower of Vigilance now? Please???
The (less than) triumphant return...

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 11:25:37 PM »
Thanks everyone who put their efforts into making this a fun campaign, and especially to Wissenlander (because I saw his awesome work the most, being in the US and all)
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 11:35:42 PM »
Hans von Wynter, the last one down the pub is a wussie elf, I owe all your men a large drink, along with every other general in the barren Hills. Come to that a large drink to everyone involved in the campaign, I believe there is a dwarven expression about putting it on someones tab (Rufas as soon as you remind me I shall have the tab sent over).

Well done to Wissenlander, let us celebrate the results and then get back to the serious business of open trans-atlantic warfare.

In a strange and perverse way I may almost miss the hunt for the silly hat.

Oh well, life here I come!
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline Goomb

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 05:45:34 AM »
Earlier yesterday I saluted Wissenlander and all of you for your work on this campaign on Da Warpath.  The greenskin nation at Da Warpath certainly had a memorable experience working with you on fluff and trying to beat you at every turn.  You guys really kept our spirits up with constant challenges and stratgy as our race continued to dwell in the cellar during the weeks of the campaign.  Cheers to Sigmars 4th Army!  Cheers to the Hunters of Sigmar!  Huzzah!  Thanks, gents!

I will continue to lurk here as I enjoy reading your articles and seeing your minis.  My boys are Empire players, and I have been practicing on how to paint human flesh and fluffy 6th Edition shirts on swordsmen, handgunners and spearmen. 

I certainly wish to continue beating on, er working with, you all in the future!  As Wissenlander is finding out, we are working on an online campaign called Animosity 2 which is scheduled to launch later this fall.  I hope that some of you are up for a good old fashioned conquer and control type campaign rather than one built on the shifting sands of "rankings."  Speaking of shifting sands, we are setting it in Araby, so we will spare your precious lands and cities from futher greenskins destruction (for once)!  With persmission, Wiss and I will be releasing more on that in the future.

Thank you for making it a fun campaign!

Goomb
Administrator - Da Warpath

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 05:57:22 AM »
Always have been a fan of Orcs and Goblins, Goomb.

Just tell your boys to say "No!" to gunlines! :happy:

You guys over at the Warpath are proper Greenskins, and don't you let anyone tell you otherwise!
I'm in college!

Offline Helborg

• Members
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 10:41:09 AM »
Now that the campaign is over I'd like to come out of the shadows and say thank you to everyone who forgave me for being a bit of an idiot on Asur during the misunderstanding that happened just before the campaign (I was ambassador dum dum dum) and I'd also like to thank warhammer-empire for helping me in my army lists and how to butchure the stunties (which I was erm... unsuccessful in lol)
And now I'm rampbleing :roll:.
Sanj
i should really pull my trousers up now.  :icon_eek:

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 12:09:56 PM »
I'd like to thank all of you too. We've all done our part, and every input has been helpful.

I'm going to miss these boards, and the campaign, and reporting battles, and the dispatches, and... I must say, it's been very fun to play in this campaign - and that's for a big part thanks to you all. I wasn't able to write as much fluff as I'd liked (I hate having to finish my thesis), but I've certainly played enough battles. Some of my friends are gtting desperate; I've been steadily asking them for battles almost every day the past month.  :-P

Goomb, I'm looking forward to that campaign. From experience, campaign organised by fan sites are often even more fun than these world-wide campaigns.

I'd like to make a special mention to Wissenlander as well, he's done a great job and has put a lot of effort into this. Right from the start, when we were conducting negotiations, he has shown that he has what it takes and that he's not afraid to do what needs to be done. Thanks, Wiss! Hope to be able to play again with you in the future!
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline smithbl

• Members
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 06:21:10 PM »
Gentlemen:

It was great fun; thank you to everyone who made it possible ... esp. Jerok, Dendo, and Wissenlander!

MH

Offline Sergeant36

• Members
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 05:07:24 PM »
Gents,

It was great campaigning with you all.  Many thanks to Jerok, Wissenlander and Dendo for putting a lot of effort into "Helstrom's 4th" and the Talabec Borders command.  This was my first campaign and it was a lot of fun, in spite of GW's rather lackluster administration.  The best part was the in-character fluff and the dialogue we had with the other forums - good stuff!  Well done to all who contributed and well done to the men of Helstrom's 4th!  :happy: 

(Anxiously looking forward to the next campaign (just don't tell the wife) - Reikland's far too peaceful these days!)

Commander Dolohev Stonheim III, 1st Reiklanders, Helstrom's 4th.  Recipient of the Nemesis Rune, Von Klaust's Laurels of Acclamation, the Scroll of Ludendorf and the Shield of Sigmar's Wrath.